• Published 19th Sep 2015
  • 4,657 Views, 201 Comments

Home is where True Peace and Love Is - MetalBrony823



A Tale about a young human named Luke Smith who was an ordinary guy until he got sucked into Equestria, and makes new Friends with a group of colorful ponies

  • ...
27
 201
 4,657

PreviousChapters Next
Song in Your Heart (Edited)

Luke was having a long walk from the clubhouse to The Ponyville Bowling alley, as it's name implies, it is the only one in the whole town. The human was accompanied by the crusaders and Pipsqueak. "So, Luke, are there any humans that are like you?" Pip asked him curiously.

"Oh yeah. Many people in my world are like me. Of course, we all have our different hopes and dreams."

"Yeah, that's true." Pip said "I always wonder what it would be like if I was in your world. I bet that would be so cool."

"Well, it might not be as cool as you thought it would be. Like I said to all of you, it can be pretty boring sometimes."

"Yeah, but still, we would like to know what it's like for ourselves."

"Perfectly understandable. Everywhere on my world has places that people would want to visit to, and there are also bad places in every country with it. You can't always expect a world to be perfect."

"That's a good point." Said Scootaloo.

"We're here!" Sweetie shrieked.

Luke was amazed by it when he stepped inside, of course, as usual, he was a little nervous because some ponies might stare at him, but he saw a few familiar faces inside. Because of this, he was feeling more comfortable coming in, just hearing the pins being hit by the balls really wanted him to play bowling so badly.

Luke remembered when he was a child and he and his dad (before he moved away) would always go out to the bowling alley on Sunday and Saturday nights when he was off work hours. He felt saddened again, because he really misses his father. Him and Luke, they were a team, and had the world in their hands. He honestly wished that his dad would be there right now, and play a few rounds, just for old time sake.

Yes, those were quite the days for young Luke here. The alley looked like any other type of bowling alley there is. Although, he wondered if there would be the three openings on the ball do his fingers like humans would do. Luke studied the way the ponies were aiming and throwing the ball throw the lane. Many of them were using their front legs to push them, and some were using their teeth, which made him grossed out a little.

"Hey Luke, you alright?" Asked Applebloom, snapping him back to reality

"Yeah. I'm fine. I was just a little turned around, that's all. Just thinking things."

"Oh, okay."

"What were you thinking about?" Pip asked curiously

Luke was a little silent for a moment, but he replied "I was just thinking about the times when I was a little kid, like around your guys' age, and my dad would used to take me bowling."

"Oh, that's nice." said Sweetie Belle. "would you guys have fun?"

"Of course we would. How would a father and son not have fun?"

"Good point." Pip agreed. "Me and my dad would always do something fun together one in a while."

"I'm glad to hear that. Sounds like he is a good father."

"He is. He loves me and I love him."

"Good." the human looked at the bowling balls in the front "So, do the bowling balls have the three holes so I can put my fingers in them for when I roll the ball down to the pins? I wouldn't want to do something like kick it with my leg."

"Oh no, never try that, Luke." Scootaloo warned. "I did the same thing that you thought of, and it went flying through the alley."

"Wow, that's just crazy, borderline nuts." Luke remarked "why would you do that, Scootaloo?"

"I don't know. I just wanted to try a new trick."

"Well, why don't you just stick with the basics where you just roll the ball." Under his breath, Luke muttered "and kill someone with these cannonballs."

"What's that, Luke?" Asked Pip

"Nothing. Nothing. Just thinking out loud here. So.... " he looked into his wallet for any bits, and it turns out it was empty. In his head, he said "aw, fuck!" But since there were children with him, he exclaimed "oh fish paste!"

"What's wrong?"

"Sweetie Belle, you wouldn't have to have any bits on you at all, would you? Because my wallet's empty right now."

"Nope." The white unicorn filly replied "what about you guys?"

"I do." Said Pip. "I always keep some bits with me just in case." Then, He pulled out enough coins to show that the human, and the kids would be able to afford playing here.

"Thank you so much, Pip. Hopefully, this will help."

The colt smiled "thank you Luke. I'm pretty sure it will."

The human smiled back to him. He then went to the counter to pay "excuse me, we were wondering if we could play here. I got money."

"Ah, you're that guy that every pony's talking about." Said the concession stallion, recognizing the human "Lincoln, right?"

"Luke, actually."

"Oh sorry,"

"It's cool. Say, do the balls here have the openings for my fingers?" He showed him his hands "because I have hands and not hooves."

"Of course. Would you like a light or heavy ball?"

"Light, please."

"Oh, and the a cutie Mark Crusaders and Pip, nice to see you all again. Well.... Almost all of you. Anyway." Obviously. He WAS referring to Scootaloo

"So, are you with him?"

"Yep, we're with him." Applebloom replied

"Good. So, I'll let you pick your balls and show you the lame and- oh no, not you, Scootaloo." He said in a slightly bitter tone. "I haven't forgotten what you did the last time you were here."

The pegasus filly mildly groaned "I said many times I was sorry already."

"You almost took everypony's heads off with your little.... Special trick. You know why you can never play here."

"Oh okay. Then she looked at Luke "can I at least just watch them play while I sit on he bench? Please."

"Yes, you can do that, but watching and sitting only. I promise you that if I catch you trying to perform that trick again, I will send you to the bowling alley hell. Are we clear?"

Luke smirked, even though he did kind of feel bad that a Scootaloo was being treated like this. Of course, Pip, Sweetie, and Apllebloom giggled quietly

"Oh, what are you all laughing at?" Scootaloo said

"Nothing." All four of them replied

"Either way, pick your balls and enjoy a few rounds down at lane 13." Said the employee.

"Good. Thank you so much." Luke said with gratitude

"Of course. Have fun, Luke." The employee said in his cheerful tone. The human smiled back to him, and went with the kids down the lane they were told to go. To Scootaloo, he gave her the "I'm watching you" gesture with his hoof. Of course, that wouldn't make so much sense, since horses, ponies, donkeys, and zebras have only one toe for each leg.

This might turn out to be kind of fun, even though he wasn't really that big of a sports fan. It will be just like the time he and Rainbow Dash were playing basketball together. To be honest, nothing against her of course, but she can brag when it comes to sports. Still, it will be fun just being with the kids.

"So, how was it with Zecora?" Applebloom asked him curiously

"It was so amazing. I mean, the decorations were so foreign, both to me and Ponyville."

"I know, that's so cool." Pip remarked. "What did you guys talk about?"

"Oh, about where i'm from, and Zebrica, and Africa, the place like Zebrica that's in my world." Luke answered. "She's a really nice zebra, and I thought it was a little funny that she always spoke in rhymes, you know?"

"I know, we always wander that ourselves." said Sweetie Belle. "Why does she talk in rhymes

"Beats me." said Scootaloo. "Well, since I can't play like mister Six-pin said I can't, I'll just watch you guys."

"That's cool, kiddo."" the human looked for a good bowling ball in the shelves and found a perfect one that was really light, and was the color of a lime-green. He sighed in relief when he saw that there were three holes for his fingers to fill in for when he was about to play. He wondered if this would be because in case Spike, one of his closest new friends, would want to play here, since he has the same type of hands Luke has. Either way, he was glad that there were three holes in the ball.

"Why don't you go first, Luke." said Applebloom. "Then me, Sweetie Belle, Pip, and then back to you."

"That's fine." then he went up to lane, and focused on the pins with a breath. And the he noticed Carrot Top making a sneeze to the left of him Finally, he made the first move by exclaiming "gesundheit" to her and the ball was rolling fast. With a loud sound of pins crashing to the floor, it revealed to be a seven-ten split.

"Wow, that was amazing, Luke!" Scootaloo cheered on.

"Thanks. I'm not that good at bowling, but it's still fun." The human said modestly "Okay, Applebloom, your turn."

"Right!" then the yellow filly took some steps back and ran forward to push the ball with her hooves. at first, it was about to go perfect for her. Of course, her ball was not as fast as Luke's was going, and just her luck, it quickly went of the approach, onto the foul line. Applebloom's hopeful smile turned into a flabbergasted face, with one eyebrow raised, and her lower jaw dropped to the floor. However, her demeanor changed from that to a smile "Oh well, it's still fun." she said

"Oh! So close!" Luke said

"Yeah, you almost had it Applebloom, don't give up!" said Sweetie Belle. Then she was up. She pushed it with her head down the approach, and it only hit one pin, the seventh one before falling to the left foul line. Unlike Applebloom, she just smiled "Oh well, at least I did hit one, anyway."

"Alright, now it's my turn." Pip said with confidence. Because of his smaller size to the crusaders, he had a much smaller ball for his size, but still heavy to knock down the pins at least.

"You can do it, Pip." Luke encouraged. "Just believe in yourself."

"I will, Luke." the colt promised. He concentrated on the pins down the approach, and then he pushed the ball down the lane. Somehow, it was a little slower than how the crusaders (minus Scootaloo of course) moved their balls. It kept going straight and then it hit the center pin making almost all of them topple to the ground, except for the third pin.

The girls were really impressed by how Pip got a near strike at this. "wow, Pip. that was amazing." Scootaloo said. "That's way better than I would do."

"Yeah, you almost had a strike!" Sweetie squeaked

"Good job!" Applebloom congratulated.

"Thanks, guys." Pip said

Luke walked up to him and knelt down saying "That was a very impressive display, Pip. Very good hit on those pins." he gently ruffed the colt's head "Good job."

Pip laughed, Thanks Luke." then he hugged him. The human thought it was cute, and he hugged Pip back with a smile.

"You're welcome."

"So, come on, can we get back to the game?"

"Yeah." then they all went back to Luke on the second round of this bowling match. As the match went forward, The Crusaders were just the same as they were while Scootaloo kept on watching.

They were having fun together. Finally, After the this match was over, Luke decided to have enough for now, and took a little break. The human took a seat on the bench next to the orange pegasus filly. "You okay, Scootaloo?" he asked her

"Yeah, I'm fine." she replied flatly. "Why do you ask?"

"Well, Mr..... Six-pin I think was his name, said that you're never allowed to play here anymore."

"Ah, it's cool. I prefer riding my scooter than bowling anyway. I'm way better at that."

"Hey, excuse me." said a muscular voice. The human looked behind him, and saw three ponies that looked very similar to the guys from the movie "The Big Lebowlski"

"Oh hey. What's up?"

"We watched you play on that ball, and you were pretty good." said the leader. "Especially the way an ape like you handled it."

"Hey, he's no ape." Scootaloo defended the human

Luke chuckled "It's alright Scootaloo. "I'm not an ape, I'm a human."

"Oh sorry. The name's Jeff Letrotski, the finest bowler in all of Equestria. These are my boys here. What's your name, kid?"

"Luke."

"Nice to meet you."

"Back at ya."

"So, I take it you heard about me too, right?"

"Of course, word gets around. Everypony around here is starting to like you." Jeff stated

"Oh yeah, I can see that. I'm making quite alot of friends here." Luke agreed. "Right now, I'm just taking a little break from this."

"Good. In the meantime, We want to know where you're from, and what it's like."

"That's fine." then Letrotski and his cohorts promptly sat down next to him.

"So tell me, what is it like in your world?"

"It's..... okay to be honest. The place I love on is also called Earth like your planet is called in this dimension. You see, I came from another dimension. How did I get here? you ask, well, I came here from a shooting star."

The bowling team was rare surprised by this. "What did you wish for?" Asked one of the bowling stallions.

"Well, nothing against my world of course, but I wished I would being a world that would have no problems and magic."

"Well, what's wrong with your world?" Asked Letrotski.

"Nothing really. It's just that my world can be.... Boring, to say the least. It doesn't have any magical things, like fire breathing dragons, or Minotaurs, or pegasus ponies and stuff."

"He's not exaggerating about that." Said Applebloom. "His world sounds like a complete lack of adventure."

"I agree. That does sound boring." Letrotski concurred.

Then Luke and the bowling stallions continued on with interesting conversations to one another, mostly about Luke's world.

"So, wait, how did you come here if there was no such thing as magic in your world?" Letrotski asked him

"Good question. I have no idea how I got here. All I know was that the next morning after I made my little wish, a bunch of aura swirled around me, and then voila, I came here to Equestria," he snapped his finger "just like that."

"That must of been a crazy experience." Said able bowling stallion

"Yeah it was. I never even thought it was possible, but turns out, I was wrong. Anything could be possible, even on my homeworld. So, I'm really liking Equestria very much. It's so awesome on this world. I don't even know if I would want to leave this beautiful place."

"Good, good for you."

"Hey Luke, Pip won the match." Said Sweetie Belle.

"That's awesome, I'm proud of you, buddy."

"Thank you, Luke." Pip slightly flushed.

"So, should we p,at another round?"

"Nah, I'm a little warned out."

"Me too." Said Applebloom

"Me three." Sweetie added.

"Alright. So now, what should we do next?"

"Hmmm, I really don't know what we should do next, to be honest. " said Scootaloo.

"Oh. Well, we could-"

"Ah, Luke there you are." Said a voice. They all turned and it was Lyra and her from Bon Bon from before.

"We've been looking for you everywhere." Said Bon Bon.

"What for?"

"Well, we just wanted to see if you would like to hang out with us. Lyra clarified "so, would you like to?"

"That's nice of you guys, but I'm kinda with the girls and Pip at the moment."

"Oh no, it's alright." Said Applebloom.

"You can go be with them if you want." Sweetie added.

"Totally. Besides, we had lots of time with you anyway." Said Scootaloo

"Really? Because I was wondering if you all would love to do something else."

"No, it's alright." Pip said "we had so much fun."

"True." Luke agreed. He thought that if the children said if they were alright being with somepony else, then he should just go with it. He understood if it won't hurt his feelings. "You sure you're all okay with it?"

"Totally. You go on ahead." Said Sweetie.

"Well, see you guys later, and hopefully, we'll do more fun things together when we get the chance to do so again."

"Bye Luke." All the kids said.

"Hey kid, feel free to come back here, and maybe we can play friendly games with eachother, huh?" Letrotski said

"Of course, I'll come back here from time to time." Luke replied

"So, shall we be off, then?"

"Yep. Ready when you are." Lyra remarked. Then, they all exited the bowling alley. "So Luke, do you play any instruments? I'm just curious."

"I do. I play the left-handed guitar. I also used to play saxophone when I was a kid."

The best friends looked at each other. "That's cool." Bon Bon said. "Do you play the guitar a lot?"

"Yep. I'm really good at it. Always practicing. I'm also a good singer too. I used to sing at open mic at lunch everyday when I was in school."

"Ooh, that's awesome. Do you think y can sing for us?"

"Well, I don't know if that's such a good idea. There's lots of ponies here, and I don't think hey can hear me. I have no microphone with speakers, or guitar to play with."

"Oh, okay."

"Is there a place like a karaoke bar where ponies can sing their favorite songs?"

"Well no." Bon Bon said "unfortunately not."

"Ah, I see. I mean, I would really love to, but I don't think now would be a good time,"

"That's fine, we understand." Lyra said "You can sing when you feel like it."

"Thanks, Lyra."

"Oh, hello, Luke." Said a familiar soft voice. Luke saw Fluttershy walking up to him, coming to greet him. "Oh, and hello to you too, Lyra and Bon Bon."

"Hi, Fluttershy." They both said

"I was done hanging with the girls and Pip with the bowling alley, and we had so much fun,"

"That's good to hear.' Said Fluttershy. "I was just heading down to Sugarcube corner to be with my friends."

"Cool." Then he had a thought. "Hey, Fluttershy?"

"Yes?"

"I was wondering if there were any places where there would be open mic where I can sing any songs to an audience?"

"Oh of course, there are a few places. In Sugarcube Corner, there is a stage for any pony who wants to show off their talents."

Luke was starting to like the idea "that sounds perfect. What else?"

"There is city hall, and then we would have a number of events that would involve charity for animals, ill, and other types,"

The human grew a smile

"So why would you ask?"

"Because I feel like singing to everypony, that would want to hear it."

"Oh, that can be arranged, I'll ask Pinkie if she can help with that on the stage, and set everything up for you."

"Really?"

"Of course, what are friends for? Oh, or how about this, we can set up a stage at my cottage, and you can perform for me and my friends."

The human thought about it. Finally, he said "I think that would be a better idea. I mean, what if there are some ponies that won't like my singing?"

"Oh don't be silly. Everypony would love to hear a good singing from anypony, or any human of course. But if you prefer that, I understand.

"So, I will tell Twilight, and my friends about this, maybe they would want to hear you, too."

"Oh! Oh! Can we come too?"

"Of course, I don't mind a little extra audience to hear my awesome voice and guitar playing." Luke remarked. "It will blow your mind."

"I bet it will." Lyra agreed.

"Hopefully, Pinkie will be a great help in setting up the stage." Bon Bon remarked

"Yeah, if she is good at throwing parties, I'm sure she can help set up a stage too."

Then they all walked down the road to Sugarcube Corner where Twilight and the others are, like Fluttershy said


The stage behind Fluttershy's cottage was already set up for Luke to perform. The amplifiers were ready to work, and so were the audience members about to watch him

Amon them were Fluttershy, Twilight, and their closest friends of course. Not only that, but there were Lyra and Bon Bon together, the cutie mark crusaders, Pip, Big Mac, Cloudchaser, Flitter, Thunderlane, and Rumble, the pegasus group that Luke met not too long ago.

Of course, there was Discord with them, waiting to see the performance, just as much as the others were, along with Fluttershy's animal friends all chattering, and talking to one another in their own animal sounds.

Luke was a little nervous "what if they don't like me?" He thought. "What if I am not good like I said I am?" He was lacing to and fro in circles, dwelling in his thoughts

Fluttershy went to check on him "Luke, are you okay?"

"I'm fine. Just nervous, is all." The human replied, slightly biting his fingernail.

"Oh don't worry, you will be great." She said with a wink.

"Okay. And.. What if they animals don't like it? And the noise?"

"Don't worry. They won't mind at all. They have listened to rock n roll many times before." Flutterhsy noted. "They will all love it."

All of a sudden, Discord came out of midair "pardon me, Luke, but I heard that you wanted a left-handed guitar, correct?"

"Hmm-mm. Of course. I would love that."

"Don't worry. One electric guitar coming up." Them with a snap of a finger, Discord conjured a nice looming left-handed Les Paul for the human to play for his new friends.

"Wow, this is sick! Totally baddass."

Fluttershy mildly gasped at what he just said at the end "Luke, such language." She said

"Oh, sorry, Fluttershy. Things just slip out. I'll watch my language next time. I promise."

The yellow pegasus made a smile as a change of demeanor "okay. Good luck." The she went back to the audience, and the same for Discord.

The human took a breath and went on stage. He tapped into the mic "testing testing, un, deux, trois. Okay. Hello. You all know who I am, so I am going to play a rock song to all of you in my guitar."

They all cheered for him, making him more inspired.

"Yeah Luke!" Said Flitter.

"Let's hear you rock it!" Cloudchaser added.

"Good," Luke cleared his throat and began "one. Two. One, two, three ,four."

Rights for this song go to Tesla

after it was over, everypony and Spike were cheering for him. All the animals cheered for him as well, liking the song he just did for all of them.

Luke was so happy to see that he made his new friends happy.

"That was so cool, Luke!" said Rainbow.

"Truly amazing!" Twilight said

"You rock, woohoo!" Fluttershy quietly cheered. "See, i told you there was nothing to worry about."

"Sir, you are an amazing guitarist." said Discord. "I greatly admire your playing."

"Thanks, Discord. I have practice guitar for some years after all."

"I be you have."

"Good job, Luke." said Rumble. "That really rocked.

Thunderlane said "Really awesome. You should do that more often."

"Yeah, we can always have someone like you sing for Ponyville in events one of these days." Cloudchaser added

"And maybe you can be the star of the show." said Flitter

Luke felt even more proud hearing those suggestions. "You know what, that would be good. If there is any open mic, I promise I will be there to perform if needed."

"That's good to hear, darling. Sure I might not be fan of rock n roll myself, but I definitely tolerate it." said Rarity

"eeyup." Big Mac remarked

"We'll be there to help you if you want to perform there whenever." said Spike with a wink, grouping with Twilight and the other ponies. They all shown Luke that they are true friends and the kind that will always be there for him, making him touched

"You should definitely play more rock songs. You really know how to rock." said Lyra

"I agree." Bon Bon said. "Well, we might as well be going now."

"See ya soon, Luke."

"Bye guys. Hopefully, we'll hang out some more."

"Of course." Lyra said "Anytime."

Then it was Cloudchaser, Flitter, Thunderlane, and Rumble's turn. "Luke, that was so amazing. You definitely got what it takes to be a rock star." Cloudchaser admired, gently jabbing her elbow at his arm. "Very good job

"Thanks, Cloudchaser." the human replied. "I have been practicing like I said. So, want to still hang out some time if possible?"

"Of course! If you feel like being with us, come find us." Thunderlane said

"Yeah, we'll have fun together." Flitter said "Maybe go to the arcade, or a little walk in the park"

"Agreed."

"See you later, Luke." Rumble said

"See ya." then the pegasus quartet went back to Ponyville.

Then, everypony else, minus Fluttershy and Luke of course, went back home as well.

"I am so proud of you, Luke." Fluttershy admired one last time.

The human was more than flattered to hear that from his very first friend in Equestria. "Thank you, Fluttershy. I really hoped you and the others enjoyed it."

"I did. We all did. So, would you like any lunch?"

"Sure. I'll just make myself a sandwich."

"Very well. Oh, and do you think you can help me with the stage?"

"Sure. What are friends for?" Luke said

Fluttershy smiled warmly at him, knowing she can always count on him. She was so glad to have an interesting human like him living in her cottage.

Author's Note:

I'm sorry if this felt a little rushed, and if it took so long, but here is it. The latest chapter.

PreviousChapters Next