• Published 19th Sep 2015
  • 4,659 Views, 201 Comments

Home is where True Peace and Love Is - MetalBrony823



A Tale about a young human named Luke Smith who was an ordinary guy until he got sucked into Equestria, and makes new Friends with a group of colorful ponies

  • ...
27
 201
 4,659

PreviousChapters Next
Wonderbolt Academy Concert

Luke was listening to some White Lion on his iPod. He couldn't believe he would have a little concert in the air as high as a mountain, or maybe just a little smaller than a mountain, probably like the size of a large building to say the least. This could possibly be something that White Lion, Guns N' Roses, Metallica, Dokken, or other rock bands from his home world could never pull off before in their lives.

Maybe it would be possible to do this kind of stuff on a blimp or a zeppelin if needed, but this was in the heavens in the sky, and Luke imagined some deceased rock icons that would watch him from their; Lemmy Kilmister, Dimebag Darrell, Randy Rhoads, Jimi Hendrix, and other legendary rock-stars who were all dead, watching him as a newest rock god. He even imagined himself being a king on top of Mt. Kilimanjaro or Olympus with a viking helmet and a golden electric guitar with thunder roaring within clouds in the sky.

Of course, while he was listening to his music, he gave a little hoof, or in Equestria's case, a hand in setting up the stage, and the microphone and all of that so he can perform for the Wonderbolts on the academy grounds. Honestly, Luke wished that more and more ponies would come as an audience, but he did not lose hope in that, because the human knew he would get more recognition in his musical talents someday. Maybe not the guitar god idea because it looked a little unrealistic, well, at least a guy like him can always dream.

The Wonderbolts already liked Luke a great deal, and Luke the same with them. He always had a feeling that these pegasus flyers like rock and metal music like he did, mostly because the type of manes they had were a dead giveaway, and that they were energetic type of ponies.

So far, everything was looking great, and the stage looked very well done in the auditorium. Many Wonderbolts warmly greeted Luke whenever they passed by him, and some would shoot the breeze with him as well.

"I'm so glad I came to this city in the sky." He thought. "This is gonna be so epic!" He tried reaching a green colored strobe light out of his reach but as the name implies of that, Luke could not reach it. He kicked the stage in frustration. "Just perfect." he muttered.

"Here, let me do something about that." Said Fleetfoot. The light blue pegasus "So how do ya feel about this, Luke?"

"A little nervous." Luke admitted. "I know this sounds idiotic, but i'm a little worried that your other friends here will think I am a monster of some kind. Like a hairless gorilla ready to go on a rampage any given moment" He thought of King Kong when the gigantic fictional ape went on a rampage in New York City.

Fleetfoot made a cute chuckle. "Don't be ridiculous, Luke. You'll do awesome! I know it!"

The human smiled at her words. They were giving Luke a boost of confidence. "Yeah, who am I kidding? I just hope I don't fall through the stage, the spell could wear off soon."

"Oh don't worry." Fluttershy said softly. "Twilight did say that the spell will wear off in a few hours, and we only been here for almost one hour, so you got plenty of time, Luke."

"Okay, perfect."

Then Spitfire and Soarin came up to him. "Feeling good, buddy?"

"Yep, ready to perform."

"What song are you going to perform for us?" Soarin asked him. "Something rocking and with a solo?"

Luke nodded his head while using the devil horn gesture on his fingers. "You know it. I don't know what song i'm going to sing exactly, I need to think." He looked at the cyan pegasus who was setting up lights on the balcony. "Hey Rainbow! Did you ready my guitar yet?"

She looked at him "i'm just about to get it for you! Just let me finish this light!"

"Thank you!"

Luke imagined how many pegasus ponies will attend this little concert starring himself. He didn't want it to be awkward because he is the only human in Cloudsdale, but he remembered what his dad taught him, which he said "Never be afraid to do what yoy want, believe in yourself."

"Oh won't this be ever so fun?" Said Fluttershy. "All of the Wonderbolts coming to see you. I can hardly wait!" She was hovering and flapping her wings in excitement. Fluttershy wasn't so spazzy like Pinkie Pie would be, but she was feeling great about this. No, Pinkie would be a little too excited if she was in Fluttershy's position

"So who else is going to attend?" Luke asked Spitfire.

"Well, pretty much all of the Wonderbolts, and the recruits we have. They will all love it."

"Perfect, and I hope this won't get in the way of your training you're giving them."

'Nah, of course not." Soarin replied. "This would never get in the way of anything."

Fleetfoot got back on the floor and added "besides, if it was getting in the way of training, we, or at least Spitfire would know."

"Oh yeah, Spitfire takes work and training seriously." Soarin remarked. "So if you were in Rainbow Crash's position, you gotta respect her."

"Rainbow Crash?"

'Yes." Rainbow said annoyingly. "That's my nickname here at the academy."

Luke kind of chuckled to his hand, and thought it was a little funny. "Why would they call you that?"

"It's a reaaaallly long story." Fluttershy said.

"Nox it's cool, Shy." Then she turned attention back to the human. "Because I kinda.... got off on the wrong hoof here, and it got the best of me." She had an embarrassed looking smile and pawed her hoof on the stage floor.

"And she's not the only one with a name like that, we all have nicknames too."

"Well, I hope you don't mibd, but what is your nickname?"

Spitfire had a little unsure look on her face and pushed her lips back "come here, i'll tell you." The human got his ear close to her mouth, and she whispered something so horrible that it made him gasp and have a look of disgust on his face

"Oh! Oh hell no!" He exclaimed. "Oh my god! Why would they give you such a god horrible name?"

"I don't know." She replied. "But I think the name suits me, don't you think."

Luke was a little still. He didn't know if he should answer her, Luke might worry that he would hurt her feelings, and he said "do I have to be honest?"

All of them laughed at his honest response.

"Ha, you're funny." Said Soarin. "You are a real card,"

"I'm not much of a comedian and such, my dad is." Luke modestly flustered. "He is more of the joker than I am."

"I bet he is," said Rainbow Dash with a chuckle. Just then a light fell on her head, mocking her to the ground with a funny face. She got back up and exclaimed "oww!" She looked up and one of the technical Pegasus stallions had a nervous smile

"Sorry! It slipped out of my hooves."

"Just be careful!"

"You okay, Crash?" Asked Fleetfoot.

"Ah, I'm fine. I suffered way worse than this."

"She's right, you know." Fluttershy added.

"Say, if you pick a song, make sure it's rocking and rollin." Misty Flyb suggested to the human. "Well, it's your spotlight, so I won't force you, honey."

Luke smiled at her thoughtfulness. "Thanks, Misty. That means a lot." He replied proudly.

It was just then Sunny Flare came on stage from another room from backstage, and she announced the news. "Guys! Guess what, all the other Wonderbolts and Pegasus ponies in the academy would love to see Luke perform!"

The others cheered to hear the great news. For Luke, he was more than happy to hear that more and more pegasus ponies in this little academy will watch him play this little concert starring himself. He could already imagine himself being on stage with a crowd of hundreds or maybe thousands in an audience, even thought it would be ponies, this would be another step for being a somebody.

The human could already hear the roaring crowd chanting his own name. His daydreaming ended when Fluttershy was the one saying his name while gently touching his shoulder. "Luke, are you alright?"

"What? what? yeah, i'm just fine. I was just thinking about how awesome this concert will be!" He made the devil horn gesture with his fingers once again.

Fluttershy smiled at his enthusiasm. "I'm glad."

It took a little while for the stage and equipment to be completed, and when it was done, The three main Wonderbolts went to tell the others that they can come in the auditorium. Luke was backstage and was more than confident to play and sing at the stage center. Of course, he still had some butterflies flying around in his stomach, but he remembered the words his father said, and kept his head high. Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash were in the very front of the stage as honored guest, and the same with Spitfire, Soarin, and Fleetfoot since they were the three ringleaders of the flying team. Some ponies from Ponyville also came from their friends who were WonderBolts, such as Sprinkle Melody, Cloud Kicker and others.

Before the show could begin, Spitfire got out of her seat so she can make the announcement to her fellow colleagues. She tapped the microphone to see if it was working right. Turns out, it was working perfectly, and she thought she should give praise to the others that helped out. Clearing her throat, she announced "Ladies and Gentlecolts, Sorry for the wait, but here it is. Now don't be alarmed, for he is not a monster. Maybe you already seen him walking around and such, but he's a really nice and sweet guy. Here he is, I give you....." a drum roll was heard "Luke Smith!"

Then the crowd cheered for his name. For the human himself, he boldly walked to the center with the guitar strapped around him. Some of the other flyers didn't really know what to think of him, but decided to take Spitfire's word for it, and not try to point out something about him. Luke kept his cool, and said "Hello Wonderbolt Academy!" Then he heard some cheering from the crowd. Perhaps this might go smoothly after all "Don't be alarmed for what I am, for I will sing a song that will rock this house!"

More cheering was heard. He smiled, and readied his guitar.

Rights for the Song go to Ozzy Osbourne

While performing, he could imagine himself in an epic background and dressing like Zakk Wylde or Ozzy Osbourne themselves. Feeling like a true rocker, Luke was feeling more proud of himself. Probably thinking of what the prince of Darkness himself would think of him.

At the solo, he was just shredding away with his axe, and everypony loved him. When the song was over, he heard the roaring cheer of the crowd. They all loved him, especially the solo.

Luke felt proud of himself as he would always be after performing at a concert, or open mic when he was still at school. Fluttershy went on stage and the same with Rainbow Dash so they can both congratulate him on his yet another amazing performance. "Luke, you were amazing!" said the yellow pegasus hugging him.

The human flushed at he fact a sweet pegasus like Fluttershy was hugging him. He was starting to feel warm and fuzzy feelings from this sensation.

"Yeah! You never cease to be so awesome!" Rainbow Dash agreed. She gave him a gentle punch on his arm.

The Wonderbolts then joined to all congratulate one at a time. "Luke, you are amazing. You showed a lot of guts on there."

"Thanks, Spitfire."

"Totally nailed it!" said Soarin. "I never thought you could shred a guitar like that."

"Ah well, you know. It's in my blood." Luke modestly said.

Many pegasus ponies walked up to him and asked for his autograph, and he humbly accepted them. "You were awesome today, Luke!" said Sprinkle Medley, giving him a gentle head rubbing

"Thanks Sprinkle. I knew I still had it in me."

"Let me know if you are performing again soon." Sprinkle added

"Of course" then Luke continued signing autographs here and there while being heavily praised vice versa. He hoped to be in another concert the next time he would visit Cloudsdale

PreviousChapters Next