• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 11,544 Views, 2,743 Comments

The Sun and the Stars: A Twilestia Prompt Collab - Fuzzyfurvert



Student and Teacher, Servant and Mistress, Citizen and Ruler, Friend and...Lover?

  • ...
68
 2,743
 11,544

PreviousChapters Next
87. Cosmos by Knight of Cerebus

Author's Note:

KoC would like to kindly guide you to this.

I assume it has to do with that Starburst story he promised us all.

***

"So why did you wander out beyond the reaches of the furthest stars, little pony?" The merchant gave a cough, sifting through the sands laid out on the table for the spices promised.

"Call me a wayward princess. You might say I have momma issues." Replied his customer. She brushed her mane out of her eyes, the streaks of gold and orange pushing aside to reveal her bright violet eyes beneath. "I guess I've always just loved the stars, though. I wanted to go see them for myself, one day."

"Is that your crew waiting on you, then?" The merchant's second set of arms grabbed a box behind him, making sure to reveal the organisms trapped behind the glass for his buyer's scrutinizing. He turned his head to nod at a set of ponies talking beside a sun-adorned sailing ship with shimmering purple wings.

"The very same." She smiled in reply. "They're a skittish bunch, but they've never failed me when I really needed them. I'm a blessed mare."

"I'd guess that would come with the territory of being a magical pony, wouldn't it?"

"You'd guess, yeah. I try not to let it go to my head. 'Was about time we stopped hiding in our solar system and went out to talk to everyone else out there, I thought."

"And the momma problems, of course. Yer dad any better?"

"It was issues with both mommas, actually. No, everypony makes that mistake, don't worry. It's just...well.." She sighed, grabbing the specimens in her magic and examining her face in the glass. "How do I put this? They were so good at everything they did, I just felt crushed. They weren't bad ponies, but I needed to get out and do things, you know? Be my own mare. You get a set of immortals running a country for parents and they can do anything. I had to find a different country just to stand out. So I decided space was the place for me. My purple mum loved the stars, anyway."

"Hey, Starburst, you 'bout done?" A grey-green pony with a swirling cyan mane tapped her on the shoulder.

"Yeah, yeah, I got 'em. Can't wait 'till we send 'em back this one." She held up the glass case in her magic, turning tail on the multi-armed trader. He watched her flank trot off into the distance, proudly displaying a mark of a star interescting a sun, a brilliant spectrum forming in the collision zone.

PreviousChapters Next