• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 11,544 Views, 2,743 Comments

The Sun and the Stars: A Twilestia Prompt Collab - Fuzzyfurvert



Student and Teacher, Servant and Mistress, Citizen and Ruler, Friend and...Lover?

  • ...
68
 2,743
 11,544

PreviousChapters Next
173. Lips by Honey Mead

***

Celestia was distracted.

She was currently seated in an almost empty stadium style classroom in the school named after herself. The desks themselves were significantly undersized for her to use, so she made do with a spot on stairs leading down toward the professor’s desk and chalkboard.

It would not have been fair to say that she was not paying attention to the mare currently speaking with the strong, almost exuberant tone. Quite the opposite, she was enthralled by her.

Three months ago, Twilight had been offered a lecturers position at her Alma-Mater. The previous professor of Theoretical Mana-Neutral Thaumatology had retired, and Twilight was the only other being qualified to teach the course.

The intervening time had taken quite a chunk out of the couple’s private time as Twilight hit the books to brush up on the topic and prepare the lessons. Now, with only three more days until classes started, Twilight had asked Celestia to sit in on a practice lecture.

Unlike most teachers, regardless of tribe, Twilight never bothered to look at the board as she drew out the complex and convoluted diagrams and formulas without error. This unorthodox and impressive feat allowed her to watch and engage the ‘students’ far more effectively than other professors.

More importantly for Celestia, it meant that she could watch her lips move the entire time. If she was honest, it wouldn’t have mattered much. Had Twilight been facing the board instead, it would have simply allowed her to watch the constant bob of her tail instead.

It was all Twilight’s fault. This was the first length of time they’d spent alone together in those past three months. Things had gotten so bad that Luna had stopped visiting her dreams after the first month—there are somethings that sisters don’t want to know about each other’s love life.

Celestia didn’t even attempt to hold back the thoughts that washed over her as she stared longingly at her lover’s lips. Every syllable brought with it a new pang of desire. She barely managed to maintain her mask of composure as Twilight’s lips contorted around the nigh on incomprehensible theorems. Even when they drew into a thin angry line, the corners just starting to turn down…

For the first time in minutes, Celestia’s eyes left Twilight’s lips and found her eyes. To her horror, she could just make out the first signs of tears forming.

“Was it really that bad?” Twilight asked, her voice wavering.

“No!” Celestia nearly shouted as she rushed down to her erstwhile student. “No, Twilight, not at all.”

Twilight pulled back from the offered nuzzle. “Then why weren’t you listening?”

For a fleeting moment, Celestia considered lying, but quickly banished the thought. “I am sorry, my love. I was distracted.”

Her honest confession had a predictable result. Twilight’s eyes closed against her failure. “If I can’t even keep your—”

Before Twilight could finish, her lips became otherwise occupied. Despite the situation, or possibly because of it, she leaned into the kiss with as much passion and longing as she ever had. And when they finally parted, both alicorns were left panting for breath.

Celestia recovered first. “You didn’t let me finish. I was distracted by you.” Still a little winded, she leaned in and nipped playfully at Twilight’s ear. “Why don’t we go take a fifteen minute break, then come back and try again?”

Twilight blushed at the display, but leaned into a nuzzle all the same. “Are you sure fifteen minutes will be long enough?”

PreviousChapters Next