• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 11,544 Views, 2,743 Comments

The Sun and the Stars: A Twilestia Prompt Collab - Fuzzyfurvert



Student and Teacher, Servant and Mistress, Citizen and Ruler, Friend and...Lover?

  • ...
68
 2,743
 11,544

PreviousChapters Next
158. Global by Knight of Lycaeus

***

“I’m not sure I like any of these options for our vacations.” said Celestia.

“What’s wrong with going to a remote tropical island?” asked the slightly annoyed lavender alicorn.

“Remote is the problem, there’s nopony, actually no one around in general.”

“But remote means we can’t be interrupted or mobbed or have ponies grovel over us.” was the still annoyed reply.

“Still remote is rather dull, wouldn’t it be better to be with others in spite of those annoyances?”

Twilight sighed, “Fine, but what’s wrong with the other options then? Those ones were fine, we’re with others.”

"Nothing really appeals to me for any of them, I’ve been to most more times than I could count and the others. Well the others would have us run into endless mobs and disguising ourselves may not be workable in some places.”

Twilight groaned, she knew that planning any trips with Celestia was difficult. Most places she had been to before, well that was true of the well populated cities not so much all the towns and villages. But then those places lacked people and activities, going remote was also considered a non-option as Celestia despite the crowds and grovelling generally preferred places with people.”

“We don’t have to go away you know” pulling Twilight close, “We could stay here and hide deeper in the castle while Luna handles things.”

“Not really a vacation, we’ll be away from most but then we have the nobility to dodge and with how persistent most are we’ll be found out and then endlessly bothered.”

“That might be the best option as we can't find somewhere else we agree on.”

Twilight sighed again, thinking about all the options she had researched before trying to convince Celestia to leave for vacation rather than shutting themselves in. As she thought back to all the places, she remembered an upcoming event that might be the ticket to a vacation away from Canterlot.

Last chance, hopefully this will work.’

“How about a global tour then?” suggested Twilight.

“A global tour to where?”

“Oh some places you’ve been to, others you haven’t. Besides you’ll like this tour.”

“Oh, why’s that?”

“Pinkie had told me that the Cakes were thinking about it before deciding it wouldn’t work out. Pinkie however might go.”

Celestia thought for a moment before it clicked, “A baking tour?”

“Actually a baking competition is going global. Their idea about moving from local to global is to promote treats beyond where they originated from, bakers already do this but this competition is hopefully to draw more attention and attraction.”

“So a baking competition that we could just follow and watch? Not the best idea for a vacation.”

“Some of the best talents are competing” Twilight turned towards Celestia and smiled, “But some are also making samples for visitors to try, including Lime Cream.”

Celestia froze, Lime Cream was an unusual topping for desserts but the pony Lime Cream was internationally renown as one of the best pâtissière, cakes were her specialty.

After a length Celestia finally spoke, “S-sure, let’s leave Canterlot and meet Lime Cream.”

Twilight laughed and hugged her love close, “You and cakes, you really love them. I almost fear you love them more than me but I know that’s not the case.” as she kissed Celestia. “Now then we have a vacation to plan and pack for.”

PreviousChapters Next