• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 11,544 Views, 2,743 Comments

The Sun and the Stars: A Twilestia Prompt Collab - Fuzzyfurvert



Student and Teacher, Servant and Mistress, Citizen and Ruler, Friend and...Lover?

  • ...
68
 2,743
 11,544

PreviousChapters Next
298. By Any Other Name by Donraj

***

Twilight stared in disbelief. "That was you?!"

Celestia chuckled. "It was a very strange time in my life."

"You were a goddess," Twilight said, clearly struggling with the concept.

Celestia gave an elegant shrug. "They needed something to keep them together and it was better than the alternatives."

She paused for a moment before adding sheepishly, "And I admit that we did enjoy it."

"Luna too?!" Twilight blurted. She paused for a second. "Well I suppose that does stand to reason," she admitted.

Celestia chuckled, but a flicker of pain crossed her face. "Indeed."

Twilight didn't miss the reaction. "What's wrong?"

Celestia was quiet for a long moment. "Luna has always been the serious one. Always dignified, always proper. Putting her up on a pedestal like that didn't make coming out of her shell any easier. Maybe if I'd noticed that sooner..."

Twilight stepped forward and hugged her teacher by reflex. A few seconds later she realized what she had done and fell back stammering.

"I'm sorry, that was—"

Celestia wrapped both forelegs around her student and pulled her tight against her chest in a crushing grip. Twilight hung limply for a few seconds before returning the hug twice as hard as before.

After a while Celestia let her go. Twilight immediately began sucking in deep breaths. Celestia gave her an apologetic look. Neither of them spoke.

Once Twilight no longer felt in danger of passing out Celestia laid a hoof on her shoulder and said, "Thank you."

Twilight blushed and searched for something to say. "So, they really gave you an annual offering of the fittest and most attractive colts for your personal harem?"

Celestia smiled ruefully. "Yes. I wasn't fond of the practice, but it seemed best not to correct them. Less temptation that way."

Twilight was confused. "How so?"

Celestia's smile turned mischievous. "I've always much preferred mares."

Twilight's wings sprang to stiff attention.

PreviousChapters Next