• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 11,543 Views, 2,743 Comments

The Sun and the Stars: A Twilestia Prompt Collab - Fuzzyfurvert



Student and Teacher, Servant and Mistress, Citizen and Ruler, Friend and...Lover?

  • ...
68
 2,743
 11,543

PreviousChapters Next
377. Lost by Silver Scrolls

***

When I was little the phrase forever was so innocent but as I grew so did my concept of forever. The thing is I never truly understood forever until I understood loss. My mom passed away first and it wasn’t long after that I began to believe I hadn’t seen her in forever. I was lucky then, my friends and brother were there for me. Then I lost Spike, he’s come back to me since but he went away for a while. It’s odd because I still feel that he’s still lost to me. I love Spike dearly but he’s not the Spike from forever ago. Loss and forever, they are sisters that can only be understood together. I lost so many things over the long years each one hurting less and less but each hurting differently.

I think maybe I got lost in the forever after a while. It’s a peculiar idea really, to get lost in a concept but I did. They told me I wasn’t immortal but they failed to mention how long I would live. I have outlived my friends my family and even my friends children. I’ve become lost in time and I honestly don’t know if I’m not truly immortal and they were wrong.

The hardest part of it was losing Celestia. It took me years to change our relationship from teacher and student to dear friends. No that’s not right we were always friends but I had to shed the feeling that I was her student, she had no problems shedding her teacher’s role. It was what I did next that cost me her. I lost her because I was afraid, afraid of what it would mean for us.

She was there for me when I lost my friends, when my brother passed. We were both there for Cadence but she didn’t need us like I needed Celestia at the time. That was when I began to lose Celestia. I was afraid of the intimacy, the closeness. It’s silly really, the loss forever had introduced me to made me close off my heart again and the one mare who poised to open it again I lost.

Loss, lost, losing, all parts of forever but there’s something more to it. Something I missed, something I need to correct. I lost her once and I don’t think I can face forever without her so I need to go collect what I lost. I need to leave Ponyville and take my place in Canterlot with her and her sister. I need to collect the pieces of what I lost and never let them go again.

~ ~ ~

Twilight gently closed her journal and looked at the velvet box sitting next it on her desk. “I lost her once, I won’t ever lose her again.”

PreviousChapters Next