• Published 7th Sep 2013
  • 6,053 Views, 714 Comments

Dark Paradise: the TwiLuna Group Collab - Habanc



100-500 word prompt-based minifics from the TwiLuna group. Contains copious amounts of adorkableness.

  • ...
28
 714
 6,053

PreviousChapters Next
White - ivolkov

Written by: ivolkov

*****

White, that was all Twilight Sparkle, a very astute pony, could discern from the image her eyes where feeding to her brain. At first Twilight thought this must be some kind of trick, Luna must have been using modified dream magic to confuse her brain. The more Twilight observed with all of her senses, the more she confirmed the image from her eyes, A giant wall of white. Twilight used all her magical prowess to deduce that yes, this was all very real.

Twilight could not pick up her jaw that was hanging down to the ground for in front of the lavender alicorn lay a giant castle of pure white snow, rivaling the elegance of Cantelot castle in design and towering over her tree home in size. Twilight wouldn't have imagined in a hundred years that her lover could produce such an awe inspiring masterpiece in a matter of hours. The young princess instantly regretted throwing a snowball at the deity of the night earlier that day, if she knew then that it would lead to this... war, for lack of a better term, she would have collected allies and supplies first.

"Deploy the tar!" The midnight alicorn could be heard shouting from somewhere on the other side of the wall to the giant snow fortress. Before Twilight could react she saw a black liquid raining down on her from the sky. 'Luckily it isn't real boiling hot tar.' She thought. As soon as the weird substance touched her, it started hardening. No where but her face had refuge from the liquid as she quickly became completely unable to move, freezing in place mid stride.

A portion of the wall opened up and Princess Luna strode forth, in all her glory. "HUZZAH!" Luna shouted. "Thou shalt make the perfect centerpiece to our personal statue garden, in the newest castle of Equestria! Our sister will be overcome by jealousy when she sees that I have bested her, for she hath desired thy flank despite our official courting of thou. Now thou shalt be mine, and only mine!" Luna seemed to have broken down into old equestrian for added effect, it was pretty intimidating.

In the distance Twilight could make out a snow fortress being erected by hundreds of ponies, easily rivaling in size to the Lunar Princess'. 'Oh Celestia, what have I gotten myself into...'

The ensuing blizzard of snowballs that consumed Ponyville would forever become known as the greatest and most fierce battle between the two ruling sisters that Equestria has ever known. Some would even dare say it to be greater than the Nightmare Moon incident in historical significance.

Well, until Celestia suspected Luna to have stolen her last piece of red velvet cake later the very same week.

PreviousChapters Next