• Published 7th Sep 2013
  • 6,040 Views, 714 Comments

Dark Paradise: the TwiLuna Group Collab - Habanc



100-500 word prompt-based minifics from the TwiLuna group. Contains copious amounts of adorkableness.

  • ...
28
 714
 6,040

PreviousChapters Next
Stalker - Pearple Prose

Written by: Pearple Prose

Princess Luna was using a telescope.

It was quite the impressive contraption, she thought. A collection of mirrors and lenses arranged in such a way that the reflected light would allow for viewing of far-away objects in the cosmos, all contained within a simple cylinder mounted upon a stand.

A device for viewing the night sky... such ingenuity! Truly, it was an example of just how far pony creativity could extend.

All of these reasons, and more, made Luna feel a little ashamed that she had decided to use said contraption to spy on her crush.

Only a little, mind you.

"Blasted gizmo. Your princess demands that you ZOOM-!" Luna slapped a hoof over her mouth, eyes darting around in panic. After a minute of silence, she pulled her hoof away and sighed gustily.

What am I doing? Luna thought despairingly. Why can't I just... go to her?

Luna already knew why, of course, but she wasn't sure she wanted to admit it to herself.

"Well, no more!" Luna shouted, leaping to her hooves. "I am going to walk right up to Twilight Sparkle, and I am going to say 'I love y-'"

Something moved in Twilight's window.

"Ohwhatamisayingimacoward." Luna dived for the telescope, practically shoving her eye onto the lens as she stared at the distant treehouse. Pain flared in her eye, making her hiss, but she ignored it. Her trembling hooves held the telescope steady, as she peered closer... closer... closer...

"Luna?"

The telescope snapped in half from the force of Luna's spasm. Ever-so-slowly, her head turned around to stare at the door.

Twilight Sparkle stared back. "Um, what are you doing?"

Luna's eye twitched. Her jaw fell open with a rusty clunking sound.

"Ok... I'll just... go, I guess." The purple unicorn slid out of the room, leaving the door to slowly shut on its own.

Luna slumped to the floor of the balcony as soon as the other mare disappeared from view. She sighed again, perhaps even more gustily than before, and crawled into the bathroom.

She glanced into the mirror, and froze. Around her eye, there was a clear, black ring.

She knew.

She knew.

Luna dashed with a mad, stumbling, gait to the door, opened it slowly, then peeked her head out. She spotted the object of her - somewhat unhealthy - desire trotting down the corridor.

As she watched, Twilight glanced over her shoulder, winked, and, without warning, lifted her tail.

Luna glanced for barely a second before flattening herself against the wall, hoof held against her pounding heart. Distantly, she heard the echoes of soft giggling.

What... Luna thought, smile threatening to split her face in half. ...have I gotten myself into?

PreviousChapters Next