• Published 7th Sep 2013
  • 6,053 Views, 714 Comments

Dark Paradise: the TwiLuna Group Collab - Habanc



100-500 word prompt-based minifics from the TwiLuna group. Contains copious amounts of adorkableness.

  • ...
28
 714
 6,053

PreviousChapters Next
Gold - The Princess Rarity

Written by: The Princess Rarity

*****

“No,” Luna muttered as she eyed the various pieces of jewelry in the chest. “No, definitely not.” She rummaged through irreplaceable diamonds, rubies, sapphires, emeralds and pearls, but nothing seemed to stand out to her.

It had to be perfect.

But alas, despite their priceless worth, the Canterlot Jewels weren’t enough.

“I still say that you’re making a big fuss out of nothing,” Celestia spoke up.

“Perhaps you could quit sitting around and help me?” Luna retorted, with a roll of her eyes. She went back to sifting through the gems and necklaces, but nothing stood out to her.

Celestia let out a sigh. “You realize that Twilight won’t care about expensive the ring is,” she declared. “She isn’t a material mare, you know.” Despite this, her sister ignored her and emptied the entire chest out on the floor. “Oh, for stars’ sake, Luna, honestly?”

Luna shook her head. “You wouldn’t understand, Tia,” she muttered. “I know that she doesn’t care if the ring has jewels or not, but I care. She deserves it.”

Celestia gave a small smile. “You really love her, don’t you?”

Luna tossed a medium-sized diamond in the air and caught it. “More than anything,” she murmured, looking at her reflection in the gem. “And I know that love is counted in actions, not items, but I can’t help but feel as if--” She let out a frustrated groan. “I - I don’t know. What should I choose? It shouldn’t be too over-the-top, but still something worth marveling over, don’t you think?”

“Well,” Celestia pursed her lips, and sifted through the gems. “Perhaps something traditional?”

“I’m no expert, but I would say diamonds on silver clashes,” Luna said. She lifted up a golden chain and looked at it thoughtfully. “Aren’t necklaces popular these days?”

Celestia shrugged. “I suppose so,” she mused. “Haven’t you thought of a jewel that means something?”

Luna levitated up a piece of rose quartz. “I’m not very informed on meanings of gems,” she replied.

Celestia gently moved the jewels around, and held out a hoofful of them. “Sapphires, kunzites, labradorites, garnets and amethysts are known to be symbols of pure love,” she explained. “I’m not sure if we have every one of those here, but that’s just an idea. If you’re looking for a gem that would work best--” She dropped most of the gems and held out a single amethyst. “I would suggest this one.”

Luna smiled. “It would match her eyes,” she murmured.

Celestia placed it into her sister’s hoof, and returned the grin. “Consider it,” she said softly. “And maybe, with this?” She levitated over a golden band that had silver streaks throughout. “A good contrast.”

“This was Mother’s,” Luna whispered breathlessly.

She took the band hesitantly, and swallowed. Queen Galactica had proudly worn this ring all through her years, even after King Solaris’s death. When she was murdered, with no body found, all that’s left was her regalia… and this ring.

“Tia, I - I couldn’t-”

“-it’s what you’re looking for, Luna. Simple, yet worth extreme value.”

“But-” Luna swallowed. “-should I? Really?”

Celestia nodded.

Luna placed the amethyst right over the band and held them together. She had a bittersweet smile, and released a heavy breath. “Well, then,” she said. “A trip to the jeweler’s should fix this. And then-” Her expression morphed into anxiety. “-do you think she’ll say yes?”

Celestia let out a soft laugh. “How could she not?”

Luna gave a hopeful grin. “Don’t get your mare of honor dress out just yet, Sister,” she teased.

She looked to the ring and the jewel once more, and held them next to each other.

Twilight would look positively radiant...

PreviousChapters Next