• Published 7th Sep 2013
  • 6,052 Views, 714 Comments

Dark Paradise: the TwiLuna Group Collab - Habanc



100-500 word prompt-based minifics from the TwiLuna group. Contains copious amounts of adorkableness.

  • ...
28
 714
 6,052

PreviousChapters Next
Sermonolatry - Starlight Shadow

Written by: Starlight Shadow

*****

Clover knelt in prayer on one of the many mats within the small church, murmuring her prayers feverishly. She was praying to Luna, as she always did during the last vestiges of evening, when the sky grew dark as the Ever-Glorious Luna called forth the moon, and the candles that were always at the ready were lit, giving the room an almost ethereal atmosphere.

She was going to be a High Priestess someday, she was destined for it; that was what the priest had said, and the priest spoke nothing but truth. And as such, she had to pray. Pray every day, twice a day, at dawn as well as at her usual time, to make up for the feelings she had been experiencing.

Clover the Clever had a crush on the Ever-Glorious Luna. She had for a month now. How could anypony not fall in love with such a perfect creature? She was benevolent and wise, as well as beautiful and all-knowing. She was Clover's everything.

But such feelings were as good as banned. How the priest had scolded her when she told him of her crush. The Ever-Glorious Luna was a deity, a goddess made flesh. She was beneath her, nothing more than the dirt on her pristine silver shoes.

But pray as she might, block out the thoughts as best she could, it was hopeless. She finished her prayers with "Amen" as she always did, and a sigh.

She exited the church, the silver crescent moon connected to a sun that she wore around her neck gently whacking against her chest as she speed-walked out. As soon as she closed the doors, making sure they locked behind her, she heard a voice.

"Clover the Clever?"

She turned to face the speaker before gasping and throwing herself to the ground in a sloppy bow. It was the Ever-Glorious Luna, regalia and all, right in front of her.

"Rise, young pony." Luna assessed the violet mare as she scrambled to her hooves. "We would like to tell you that we admire your dedication in your prayer." She gently nuzzled Clover. "We would like to see you around the castle sometime."

"Y-yes, t-thank you, O Ever-Glorious Luna." Clover stuttered in reply.

Luna nodded and walked off toward the castle where she and her sister lived. Clover's heart skipped several beats. She nuzzled me. She admired me. She likes me too.

PreviousChapters Next