• Published 7th Sep 2013
  • 6,049 Views, 714 Comments

Dark Paradise: the TwiLuna Group Collab - Habanc



100-500 word prompt-based minifics from the TwiLuna group. Contains copious amounts of adorkableness.

  • ...
28
 714
 6,049

PreviousChapters Next
Applejack - Craine

Written by: Craine

*****

Princess Luna was, and called herself, many things; regal, spunky, compassionate, and—more often now, than ever before—beautiful. Used to be, The Princess of the Night thought the exact opposite of such praise; traitorous, incompetent, reclusive. All of those, and more, stood between Luna and the acceptance of her subjects.

But not Twilight Sparkle.

Not she, who’d braved dangers dark and cold to find the Elements of Harmony, and wrest the Nightmare from Luna’s soul. Not she, who’d stood before Luna and smiled, where so many others quibbled in terror. Not she, who dared to say Luna was beautiful on that very same night. And did so again many nights after.

Yes, Princess Luna was many things. And among her most dominant, most recognizable flaws, especially to her own sister, was her jealousy. The same jealousy that made her curse the ponies that slept her perfect nights away. That same jealousy that made her listen to whispers—tempting, promising whispers—that, even to this day, make her skin maddening to wear.

And now, that same jealousy stilled her body atop a dark cloud, glaring at the scene—no—the travesty below, and all but fantasizing about the terrible things she’d do to the farm pony ogling her mate.

But, no. That would be absurd. Luna surely didn’t mind if Twilight had friends. Hell, friendship was the very reason Luna lowered the moon every morning. Friendship is how Luna’s first Nightmare Night became several, and how Twilight Sparkle gave meaning to every other night since then.

Of course, if excessive nuzzles, much-too-long stares, and laughing at jokes that weren’t funny spelled ‘friendship’, than Luna was entirely sure Twilight wasn’t allowed to have friends. At least friends like Applejack.

‘Applejack’… The name rolled in Luna’s head like thunder, and left her tongue molted and dry.

“Just look at her,” Luna muttered, pawing at the cloud below her. “Witch. Temptress. Surely she doesn’t believe she’s worthy of Twilight.” Luna eyes went astray. “Surely Twilight sees through her treachery.”

Another laugh escaped into the night air, darting Luna’s eyes back to its owner and the farm pony smirking at her.
Disgusting. Utterly disgusting how close they sat together on that bench, how Twilight’s hind hooves scraped together when she laughed, how Twilight’s wings twitched and ruffled when she spoke to Applejack.

“Surely Twilight will not be swayed,” Luna muttered again, finding it harder and harder to look away. “Surely my faith in her in not misplaced.

Luna’s heart screamed the exact opposite when Applejack shimmied closer to Twilight. “Surely, they’ll never find the farmer’s body,” she said behind clenched teeth.

‘A midnight stroll,’ Twilight said. ‘A chance to catch up,’ she said. Luna had agreed hours before. She’d even encouraged it when Twilight noticed the earth-shattering twitch in Luna’s face. And indeed, through one insistence after another, Twilight had returned to Ponyville and spent every waking moment with her friends.

That was nice—refreshing, actually. Not only had Luna forgotten the last time she was so alert during daylight, but had also forgotten the last time Twilight smiled long enough without getting face-cramps. Then there was Applejack.

The sherbet whorse that pulled her beloved Twilight aside after the others retired for the night. That was hours ago, and neither seemed winded in the least. In fact, Applejack seemed to have more energy than Twilight, unless those freckled cheeks were always that dark—

“I dare you…” Luna whispered, her eyes slowly—very, very slowly—changing from turquoise to red. “I. Dare. You.

Suddenly it was quiet. Too quiet. Where, at least, the crickets should have chirped, there was only silence. Where the leaves should have rustled in the wind, they were still. Everything died down, and Luna could hear them talk.

“I had a wonderful time, Applejack,” Twilight said.

The farmer laughed. “Now how can ya say that, when the best part ain’t even happened?” she asked.
Luna’s wings jutted into the night.

“Oh?” Twilight said in that dorky excitable way. “Well the nights still young. What else did you have in mi—“

Applejack kissed her. And every spirit, demon, and god trembled at Luna’s roar.

“INFERNAL HARLOT! I WILL DEVOUR YOUR SOUL!”

PreviousChapters Next