• Published 7th Sep 2013
  • 6,051 Views, 714 Comments

Dark Paradise: the TwiLuna Group Collab - Habanc



100-500 word prompt-based minifics from the TwiLuna group. Contains copious amounts of adorkableness.

  • ...
28
 714
 6,051

PreviousChapters Next
Disaster - happyowl

Written by: happyowl

I pushed the front door open and let my vision became used to the half-light. Of what was once a standard apartment remained only empty rooms sprinkled with broken objects and litters, whose walls displayed marks of ancient furniture and childish writing, obvious token of the precedent owners. A thin ray of golden light crossed throughout the piece, coming from a unknow source. I breathed slowly, the air was warmth and stifling; nopony had aired it for a long time. It was irritating, I was worried for the pony who lived here, and I wanted to open violently the windows and clean everything, but a stronger feeling pressed me to advance along the walls.

I followed the sunbeam as far as the bedroom and sat down in the shadow of the door. She was here, slouched on her desk, writing tirelessly the fruit of her research without taking the time to sort out and tidy up the parchments which covered the floor. It took me time to capture her expression, hidden behind an hourglass, in fact every places of the room were occupied by an object: scientist materials, trinkets, books and a way too many empty bottles.

“Twilight...” I began, knowing she had waited for me.

She stopped writing and turned slowly her head toward me. Messy hair, rings and bloodshot eyes, she wore her old white blouse now stained and disentangled. Her look sheltered nothing but anger, and a certain sullenness.
“How long?” She asked abruptly.

“Seven, it’s been seven years.”

“And you continue to return every months...Luna, what do you want exactly?! Give me a break, for Celestia’s sake!” A sharpness characteristic in her voice which turned my heart over. I was tired of this comedy, I had to take action.

“It been too long now Twilight, you can’t go on like that. Celestia said you needed some time alone, but I can’t stand seeing you down.” I moved forward, cautiously for not to frighten her.

“I know you’re scared, and yet you continue to shut your eyes. It’s useless, they’ll never return.”

She went back to her scrolls and her work, she never stopped since this madness has begun. I could now see her frown and the pain hidden in her eyes. I sighed. If I wanted to bring her out of her dumbness, I will have to challenge her dignity.
“Nopony forced you to leave, you know, it’s you who transformed your life in a disaster. As I see you now I have more pity for you than sadness. You can’t-”

“I can do this, I can’t do that, Luna you’re not my mother!”

“No, but even her gave up on you. I’m just worried about you...” I knew my words will have an effect on her.

“And I don’t need your pity!” She stood up abruptly, knocking down the chair and opened her wings threateningly. “Leave me alone! And get out of my apartement!”

I moved back, never stopping to look straight in her eyes, my hooves shaking and my heart pounding in my chest. I felt like crying, but it was necessary.

“No...” I muttered. In my head, I wanted to shout it. A fragment of surprise passed on her face before it took the feature of anger, and I lost precious seconds thinking that even angered, she was still beautiful. But it was time for me to act. With a nimble movement, I hurled myself toward her and tackled her against the floor. She struggled but as skinny and weak as she was, she could do nothing against my 80kilos of nerves and muscles.

“Twilight...” She remained paralyzed, panting, the regard agitated. Her expression passed from anger to fear, as if she didn’t know in which side she have to be.

“It’s okay, I forgive you.” My words, trivial for anynopy but a metaphor of so much more for her, became the relief Twilight needed. She flew into my arms and cryed. It’s with a new joy I held her tight against my chest as she tryed to explain herself, and even if I didn’t understand her blabbing I already knew the content. It been too long that I didn’t hugged her like this and I was delighted to feel her heart calm down, to play with her mane and to whisper this words she seemed to forgot...

“I love you Twilight, I’ll always be with you.”

PreviousChapters Next