• Published 7th Sep 2013
  • 6,057 Views, 714 Comments

Dark Paradise: the TwiLuna Group Collab - Habanc



100-500 word prompt-based minifics from the TwiLuna group. Contains copious amounts of adorkableness.

  • ...
28
 714
 6,057

PreviousChapters Next
Funhouse - Night_Song

Written by: Night_Song

*****

Twilight Sparkle let out a piteous moan, her forehooves wrapped tightly around her fillyfriend's. "Lunaaaa!" she whined, "I want to go to the carnival! Why won't you go with me?"

The Night Princess snorted, the sound of derision sounding unusually loud in the stillness of her bedroom. "Carnivals are for foals, Twilight. Surely you can think of something more...mature, for the pair of us to do?" she asked, looking down at the younger alicorn with a small smile playing about her lips. "Dearest Twilight...can you not think of anything we could do?" she asked sweetly, giving the studious mare's tail a tweak with her magic.

Twilight yelped, jumping to her hooves and looking at Luna curiously. "Again? Really, Luna, you're insatiable!" she said, sticking her tongue out at the other mare with a giggle. "I'll make a deal with you!" she announced. "Come with me to the carnival, and afterwards, we can do it again, how's that?" she asked, cocking her head to the side curiously.

Luna sighed, hanging her head in defeat. Why did she have to be so adorable? "Very well, I shall attend this...carnival with you," the Moon Princess acceded. "Who knows? Perhaps it shall be fun on the scale that I had that first night in Ponyville," she mused, tapping a forehoof to her chin as the pair set aside their royal regalia and left the castle, one walking along pensively, the other bouncing happily in circles around her.

"I still do not see the appeal of this, Twilight," Luna muttered as she followed her excited fillyfriend through the carnival's boisterous atmosphere. The midnight blue alicorn was laden with plush toys, prizes Twilight had won in several of the carnival's games, her remarkable skill with her magic showing through. Twilight just giggled at Luna's consternation.

"It's the atmosphere, Luna! It's all so festive and free!" she chirped, bounding back to the Night Princess like a hyperactive kitten. She took one of the plush toys Luna held and plopped it on top of the Lunar Diarch's head, settling the stuffed likeness of her elder sister behind where her crown normally sat. "There! Now I have the best Princess ever, and the best teacher I ever had, at the same time!" Twilight giggled, nuzzling against Luna lightly before bounding away again. A sharp gasp stopped her in her tracks, and Luna looked up to see Twilight practically vibrating with excitement.

"Ooh, a fun house! I haven't been into one of these since I was a filly! Come on!" she squealed, telekinetically dragging the older Princess behind her and into the large, tent-like structure, all of Luna's protests and complaints about the fun house being for foals passing her by, undisturbed. Once inside, Twilight relieved Luna of her fluffy burdens, dropping the bundle of them on the poor colt working the admittance booth. "Two, please!" she said to him, hoofing him two bits and receiving two tickets in turn. Taking Luna's hoof, they left the gawking colt behind, and trotted into the fun house proper. Grinning in a almost disturbing fashion, Twilight led Luna to the first mirror, grinning at her reflection's rather engorged head. "Look! My head matches my brain, now!" she giggled, nudging the Moon Princess in an effort to get her attention.

Luna glanced at the mirror and couldn't help herself; she snickered, covering her mouth with a hoof. "You look ridiculous, Twilight!" she said, poking at the mirror with her hoof. "What magic causes this mirror to function in such a way?" she asked, looking back at her fillyfriend, only to find her gone. "Twilight? Where did you go, little sparkler?" she asked, looking around for the younger alicorn with a frown of consternation on her face.

"Come find me, Luna~" the younger Princess' voice floated from the surrounding area, a distinct teasing note in her tone. The tone gave Luna pause, and she shook her head, smiling at Twilight's silliness. Giving a resigned shrug, the Moon Princess set off into the fun house at a slow, steady pace, her hooves thumping on the sawdust covered, wooden floor. Assorted mirrors greeted her gaze, and every so often she caught a glimpse of a shapely purple flank, or a flash of Twilight's magic. Turning to and fro, the Lunar Diarch sighed in frustration and sat down in the direct center of the fun house with a slight plop.

"Twilight? Where are you?" she asked the room at large morosely. "I am lost in this place, without you. I doubt I could even get out, at this point," she said softly, pouting. Her melancholy came to an abrupt end, though, when she felt a warmth against her back and saw a lavender wing wrapping around her gently, squeezing affectionately. Gotcha, Luna thought, grinning at how well her little gambit had paid off. Turning, she pounced, tumbling to the floor with Twilight beneath her. "Hi!" she chirped, grinning down at the now-flustered alicorn beneath her before planting a kiss right on her lips to stifle any forthcoming protests at her cheap move.

Twilight pouted up at her for a brief moment, but relented at the kiss, and she melted into it with a slight groan. Once the kiss was broken, however, she found herself slightly worried at the look of growing rage on Luna's face. "L-Luna? What's...what's wrong?" she asked hesitantly, a bit concerned. Luna muttered something and gestured with her head toward one of the mirrors surrounding them. Twilight looked at it and snorted, breaking up into giggles. At Luna's hurt look, she tried to stifle her mirth, waving a hoof. "Sorry, sorry...it's just that you look so silly in that mirror!"

Luna scowled, stepping away from Twilight and towards to mirror in question. She stomped a hoof hard enough to splinter the wood beneath her, and bellowed at the mirror, full Royal Canterlot Voice, "'TIS A LIE! 'TIS 'TIA WHO ART AS BROAD AS A BEACH BALL, NOT I!" Her volume cracked all the mirrors within range and blew the sawdust on the floor about like a sandstorm. She reared back onto her hind hooves and slammed her front down again, splintering wood again. She blinked at Twilight's shriek, and, looking about, noticed that she had literally split the fun house in half, leaving a wide split through the center of the whole building. Snatching Twilight up in her magic, she sprinted out of the building, pausing only to grab Twilight's plush toys on her way out, the colt behind the counter having already vacated. The pair of princesses booked it back to the castle, dodging and weaving through the crowds to avoid questions.
Luna lay on the bed she shared with Twilight a few hours later, her face flushed and her breathing heavy. Glancing over at the other mare on the bed, she smirked. "See? I told you this would be more fun, Twilight."

Twilight looked up at the Moon Princess and grinned. "Yeah, but then, I never expected you, of all ponies, to be insecure about her figure," she teased, plopping her Celestia plush back atop Luna's crown. "And anyway, spending time with you is fun no matter what we do, silly filly," she said, laying her head along Luna's shoulder.

Luna looked back at her lover, running a hoof along her side and smiling. "Agreed. Now, hold still so I can braid your tail properly, you squirmy little thing!"

PreviousChapters Next