• Published 7th Sep 2013
  • 6,003 Views, 714 Comments

Dark Paradise: the TwiLuna Group Collab - Habanc



100-500 word prompt-based minifics from the TwiLuna group. Contains copious amounts of adorkableness.

  • ...
28
 714
 6,003

PreviousChapters Next
Rejoice - Pearple Prose

Written by: Pearple Prose

*****

She just wanted her back.

For too long, she had watched happiness fall away from her. For too long, she had sat alone while all that she held dear withered, aged, and died.

Not this time. Not when, for the first time, she had experienced true love. True happiness, without the constant fear that she would be rejected for who she was. No, Twilight loved Luna for all that she was; the light, the dark, and everything in-between.

Luna flew through the icy night air at legendary speeds, lightning illuminating her anguished features, and the rain pounding at her flesh like bullets.

She needed to be there for her. She'd promised that much, after all. It didn't matter that they had fought; it didn't matter that, for a short time, they had been apart. None of it mattered. They were destined to be together, Luna knew it.

Faster.

Trees whipped by, the branches slashing at her sides. She ignored them.

Faster!

Lightning struck. Too close. She careened out of control, before guiding herself back with sheer willpower.

FASTER!


Twilight felt empty. She had been for a while now.

She had expected their separation to be hard. She had expected it to be painful. She had not expected the horrible feeling of a void inside her chest, like a piece of her heart had been stolen from her.

But what was she supposed to do? Luna wouldn't want her back now. Not after that. She could have any pony she wanted, now that Twilight was out of the picture. She didn't need her.

Twilight lay on her bed and stared up at the ceiling. Lightning flashed, thunder roared, and her soul wept.

There was a crash on the balcony, loud enough to shock Twilight out of her ennui. She looked up to see a sodden, dirty, dripping, beautiful alicorn, standing there gasping and panting.

Their eyes met.

Luna leapt onto the bed and bombarded her with kisses, holding her as if she were some precious, delicate treasure—gently, as if she would shatter at any moment, yet with a need to hold her tight and never let her go.

Twilight hugged her love tightly, and wept with equal parts joy and regret. She felt two wings wrap around her, shutting out the outside world and leaving only them. The moon and the stars.

"I'm so sorry!" Twilight said, over and over and over, until the words became meaningless and yet so very meaningful at the same time.

Luna stopped kissing. She held Twilight at an arm's length, and silenced her with one word. "Twilight."

"I love you."

And then she kissed her, right on the mouth. An instant later, Twilight kissed her right back.

That night, the moon and the stars rejoiced in their love.

PreviousChapters Next