• Published 7th Sep 2013
  • 6,003 Views, 714 Comments

Dark Paradise: the TwiLuna Group Collab - Habanc



100-500 word prompt-based minifics from the TwiLuna group. Contains copious amounts of adorkableness.

  • ...
28
 714
 6,003

PreviousChapters Next
Unrequited - Fuzzyfurvert

Written by: Fuzzyfurvert

“Twilight.” The Princess smiled as she leaned down, speaking in a soft tone. “A word, if you please.”

It wasn’t a question. It wasn’t exactly an order either, but no pony denied the Princess, least of all Twilight Sparkle.

Twilight nodded and waved over to Luna where she was adjusting the ropes that secured their supplies and equipment to the hot air balloon. “Luna! I’ll be right back!”

She stepped off the launch pad and trotted across the walkway to castle’s roof access door where Princess Celestia stood calmly. As she got nearer, the Princess retreated into the access stairwell and made room for the smaller pony to join her. Celestia smiled as Twilight entered the small landing, the Princess’ magic closing the door behind her.

“Yes, Princess?”

“Twilight, speak nothing I am about to say to you, to my sister. Do you understand?” Celestia gazed down at Twilight, her smile gone, replaced by a firm line. She leaned down, her horn pointed at Twilight. Among high society unicorns such body language meant a deep seriousness and honesty. It was not done lightly.

Twilight swallowed, her wings rustled nervously. “I understand. You have my word.” She moved forward half a step and touched the tip of her horn to Celestia’s, returning the gesture of honest seriousness.

“Do not break my sister’s heart. She is still freshly returned to the world and myself and I do not wish to see her harmed.” Celestia’s eyes softened as she raised her head back to her full height. “Understand Twilight, I don’t think you would do so lightly, or even intentionally. I can see the true affection you share for each other. However,” she sighed, “don’t do it even by accident. Never let her love go without reciprocation. Don’t let your work or her duties get between you.”

“Of course I-I won-“ Celestia’s hoof pressed itself to Twilight’s snout, halting her mid-stammer.

“Promise me. Promise me you will fight harder than you have ever fought for anything--myself and all of Equestria included—to keep Luna’s love and friendship. I have done wrongs to her that I cannot repay, Twilight. But you can. You can make my sister happy and whole and at peace.” Celestia shook her head, her eyes closing for a moment. “Let me be selfish in this one thing. Let me task you with healing her heart so that she may find it within herself to truly forgive me one day. Do this for me, Twilight. Don’t let her know the heartache of neglect on top of betrayal and imprisonment.

Twilight gently pulled Celestia’s hoof from her face and smiled gently at her mentor. “I promise I will not let her love go without being returned in kind. She means everything to me now. I don’t think I could live without her.” Twilight paused and then tilted her head. “Will you promise me something in return?”

Celestia nodded. “Anything.”

“Stop spying on us so much. I want it to be a surprise when one of us gives you a new niece or nephew, ok?”

Celestia blinked and fell back on to her plot, blushing slightly. “Um… yes, of course. I-I promise.”

Author's Note:

Remember to check out the thread if you feel like writing a prompt of your own. Thank you for reading!

PreviousChapters Next