• Published 7th Sep 2013
  • 6,049 Views, 714 Comments

Dark Paradise: the TwiLuna Group Collab - Habanc



100-500 word prompt-based minifics from the TwiLuna group. Contains copious amounts of adorkableness.

  • ...
28
 714
 6,049

PreviousChapters Next
Radiance - Fuzzyfurvert

Written by: Fuzzyfurvert

“Are you sure this is safe? I’m not certain this is safe.” Twilight glanced around nervously, her eyes aglow with barely contained magical power. The Celestial Realm stretched endlessly in all directions around her and Luna.

“Everything is perfectly alright, Twilight.” Luna’s semi-transparent form smiled reassuringly at Twilight Sparkle. “I am with you.”

“Yeah, in spirit… er, so to speak.” Twilight started walking forward, her nervousness forcing her pace even without true ground on which to stand. “Why couldn’t you be here in person? This is creepy without you or Princess Celestia with me.”

Luna’s image floated along next to Twilight. She reached out and her hoof passed through Twilight’s shoulder. “We couldn’t risk throwing off the harmonics of the spell channel. It has to focus on you to be effective, or else all we’ve done to prepare will be for naught.”

“Well, could it at least hurry up? It… I’m uncomfortable when we’re apart, Luna.”

Luna smiled sweetly. “It should not take long. After the channel is fully charged, it should manifest and crystallize itself around you, just as it did for Tia and myself. We don’t want to miss this chance.”

Twilight sighed and turned to her relative left for no other reason than feeling like she should. The Celestial Realm seemed to hum just outside her auditory range, like some sort of deep rumble that she could feel with her horn. The sensation was strange, but not unpleasant. Twilight paused and looked back the way she had come and marveled at the bright purple mana trail she left in her wake.

“Wow. I wonder what that would look like if I flew?” Twilight spread her wings and gave them a quick test flap. She frowned when nothing happened and she failed to even generate a slight breeze.

“It should be starting any moment now, Twilight. Do you see anything around you? The Realms often make curious displays before shifting the arcane weave around.”

Twilight looked around herself again and then turned to Luna’s image. “No, nothing so far. Just you and me. What did it look like when you got yours?”

Luna sighed wistfully. “All became dark in a most comforting way. Then stars appeared all around me before all sped off, as if I were moving very quickly. There was a beautiful sound unlike anything I have ever heard before or since and when it cleared I - !”

Twilight blinked as Luna’s image disappeared mid-sentence. She felt around for the spell connection feebly. “Luna? Hello?”

The low rumble of the Celestial Realm changed pitch, quickly climbing into her audible range. It pulsed and warbled like some sort of universal heartbeat or orchestral techno a moment before a bright light flashed around Twilight and she wrapped her wings in front of herself. When it faded, Twilight lowered her feathers and blinked the spots out of her vision. She felt an unfamiliar weight on her chest and legs for a moment until she was lifted and crushed in one of Luna’s Royal Glomph Hugs.

“Twilight!” Luna beamed at the younger princess. “You’re back!”

Around the two of them, the Royal Court starred in surprised silence. Twilight returned the hug as best she could and looked down at her new regalia. “Yeah… um,” she coughed, “now I look like a real princess, huh?”

PreviousChapters Next