• Published 7th Sep 2013
  • 6,040 Views, 714 Comments

Dark Paradise: the TwiLuna Group Collab - Habanc



100-500 word prompt-based minifics from the TwiLuna group. Contains copious amounts of adorkableness.

  • ...
28
 714
 6,040

PreviousChapters Next
Meteor - Pearple Prose

Written by: Pearple Prose

*****

"Luna," Twilight began, for the third time that evening, "why are we up here again?"

Luna just looked at her, smirking as she caught her facial expression; it was rather like she had just taken a bite of a lemon as she was about to sneeze. Her wings flapped sporadically, like a pegasus filly on its first flight. Luna thought it was adorable.

"You'll see in a moment, love," Luna replied, once again, with that same enigmatic smile. Twilight would have glared at her if she weren't so busy trying not to fall.

The purple alicorn gulped. Was this even safe? Probably not. Luna had assured her that she would be there if she slipped up, but she had her doubts. Flying up above the atmosphere was definitely not a good idea for a neurotic sheltered introvert like Twilight.

"But you told me that there was meteor storm happening tonight," Twilight complained. "Why are we all the way up here?" Again, Luna just smiled in that mysterious way of hers.

Luna glanced back and saw her marefriend struggling, and danced through the wind towards her. "Remember not to look down!" she said.

Twilight looked down.

Far, far, far below lay the continent of Equestria, so distant that she could see over the horizon on either side, so small that cities and mountains were indistinguishable from one another. The night hugged her tight, like the indigo wings that enveloped her as her own gave out from under her.

"I told you not to look down," Luna rebuked her, despite the edge of worry in her voice. Twilight just smiled bashfully.

Hugging Luna tight, Twilight watched as the once-distant stars drew closer, hovering in the void like enormous lanterns. Slowly, the couple glided over to one solitary ball of light, and—against all rational sense—landed gently on the surface of the sphere.

Twilight looked down at the star with awe. "How is this... I thought..." Her face scrunched up in thought.

Luna laughed, like the tinkling of silver bells. "There is more to this world of ours than what can be found in a book, Twilight Sparkle. Certainly, the foundations are rooted in that most wondrous of things..." Her horn lit up, and the star below them resonated. "Magic."

As Twilight watched, the stars in the sky fell, plummeting through the aether and leaving a trail of sparkling light in their wake. The star they stood on shifted, and it too began to fall.

"Luna!" Twilight said. "What's happening?" Her wings fluttered in panic. The odd sense of lightness flooded her body, as gravity enacted its toll.

"Follow my lead, love!" said Luna, as she took wing once more. "Remember: magic is the key!" And with that, she pulled in her wings and dove down, down towards the planet below them. Wind rushed past her and made her astral mane fan out and billow like a parachute of star-stuff.

Twilight gulped again, then glided out into the void again, stars brushing past her as they plummeted faster and faster.

She closed her eyes. Reaching out with her senses, she pulled in the energy surrounding her, imagining herself as a bright, burning star, falling through space as a meteor. The magic pulled in tighter, draping over her being as a cloak of pure energy.

She felt her mane blow in the wind, and she opened her eyes.

Twilight saw the stars around her, streaks of light in a sky of blacks and blues and violets. By her side was Luna, screaming and laughing as she wove through the falling heavens. Twilight, herself, was falling, but she didn't feel it. Instead, she was in perfect control, guiding herself with the magic that flowed through her form.

She couldn't help it; she laughed.


Celestia peered up at the sky through her telescope. The night was alight with streaks of falling stars, with two particularly bright ones dancing with one another as they fell past the horizon.

She smirked.

"Show-offs."

PreviousChapters Next