• Published 7th Sep 2013
  • 6,040 Views, 714 Comments

Dark Paradise: the TwiLuna Group Collab - Habanc



100-500 word prompt-based minifics from the TwiLuna group. Contains copious amounts of adorkableness.

  • ...
28
 714
 6,040

PreviousChapters Next
Honey Mead - Bekdontraz

Written by: Bekdontraz

*****

The dark warrior leaned back in her chair taking a long pull from her flagon as her men at arms celebrated around her. The dragon that had plagued the countryside was no more and she felt a smug sense of accomplishment for that, she would like to see her sister slay the beast as quickly as she. Her dark thoughts were interrupted as the door to her hall was thrown open. One of her guards rushed in carrying a woman in her arms.

Standing Luna moved quickly to her and leaned down finding a dark skinned young woman, only a few shades lighter than Luna’s own. She wore strange clothing a skirt that barely reached her knees, and a top with no sleeves. Luna looked up at her guard.

“You found her like this?” She asked her eyes narrowed, if she found any action of her guard had left this young woman in her state of undress.

“Yes, Your Highness. I found her stumbling through the snow. She was babbling nonsense and stumbling along the path. I rushed her in here as soon as I got to her.” The woman said her red eyes showing no signs of dishonesty.

“Leave us, and summon the doctor.” Luna said waving her men off. The warriors all stood leaving, reluctantly, at her request. They soon had a new fire built outside.

Luna busied herself as she checked the woman over. Her top was obviously some form of sleeveless cold weather gear, yet her legs were bare under her less than modest skirt. She stirred slowly violet eyes opening and blinking up at Luna. She gasped and started to mutter something. Even the words Luna caught were strange and somehow degenerate from what she knew.

“Calm yourself, I am Luna, Princess of this realm. You were caught in the snow, Can you tell me your name.” Luna asked. The woman’s eyes seemed to focus and fill with fear. She started babbling rapid fire trying to sit up. Luna helped her up, but kept her from standing.
“I fear I do not understand you, where are you from that they speak so strangely?” Luna asked again slowly. The woman blinked and closed her eyes as if thinking deeply.

“Equestria..” She finally answered, her words spoken like a child out of practice. “I..I am from Equestria.” She looked up at Luna hopefully.

Luna sat back and stared at the strange woman “Not with those clothes, and speech” She responded bluntly.

“I..I am not..” She struggled rubbing her head “My name is Twilight Sparkle, and...and I might have messed up a spell..” She said clearly struggling for the right words. Both of them paused to see Luna’s doctor standing at the doorway. Luna motioned the Zebrican away, the mohawked woman nodded and slipped once more out the door.

“Twilight Sparkle, tell me what you mean”

“What year is it?” Twilight asked with a blush.

“The 300th year of Unification” Luna responded using the lay calendar “The 100th of the Two Sisters..”

“I really bucked up a spell..” Twilight said her accent growing worse. She cleared her throat and smiled slightly. “I’m from nearly 1600 years into your future.” She said bluntly. Luna blinked and then burst out laughing.

“Do you take us for a fool? Only one man has ever dared attempt temporal manipulation, once he returns from wherever the old goat sent himself I’m sure he’ll tell you it would take more power than even my mother wielded to travel more than a few days..” Luna recoiled as as Twilight’s magic slaps her across her cheek. The younger woman glared, and stood slowly.

“I was trained by your sister personally..” Luna’s eyes widen to find Twilight standing glaring at her. With a grin Luna launched herself forward her wings forming as she slammed into Twilight’s stomach. They twisted and turned, Twilight striking with her spells as Luna relied on her strength and wings. Soon Luna once again regained the upper hand and slammed Twilight down onto one of the tables.
“I believe that! you fight just like she does!” Luna taunted and slammed her head forward into Twilight's before the young woman could cast another spell. She left her laying dazed on the table to retrieve her mead. She grins taking a sip. and holding the flagon out to a very confused looking Twilight. The woman once more slipped into her native tongue and blushed taking the drink and looking at it strangely.

“Drink, after feeling your magic on me I almost believe your story, though I must ask why you were practicing spellcraft in your underwear.” That statement, and Twilight inexperience with the drink, had the desired effect and mead was sprayed across the room as Twilight coughed and blushed. .

“These are my normal clothes! Fashion has changed in my time!” Twilight said after several moments of babbling for her words. Luna smiled and ran a gloved hand up Twilight’s leg

“I’m sure..” She added stepping away, she glanced back and smirked finding Twilight’s gaze following her hips sway. “Perhaps you are one of my sister’s harem?” She asked causing another coughing and sputtering fit from the girl.

“CELESTIA DOES NOT KEEP A HAREM!” Twilight screamed loudly stumbling to her feet. Her hands glowed in a familiar arua for a moment before she stumbled forward. Luna caught her with a warm smile.

“First time drinking mead?” Luna asked

“First time getting into a fight with royalty, being sent back in time, nearly freezing, and….yes..” Twilight said looking up into Luna’s eyes.

“Twilight Sparkle, you will stay with me until such time as I make for my sister’s camp. You’ve proven yourself a capable enough warrior.” Luna grinned scooping Twilight into her arms. “Now have customs changed so much that it would be wrong of me to take you to bed?” The look on Twilight’s face was worth the impropriety of her asking. Luna threw her head back laughing as she carried Twilight into her room. “Do not worry yourself, it was a joke” Luna told her as she floated another mead barrel and flagons into the room. “Now, tell me more of your story.”

Twilight let out an exasperated sigh, but found herself snuggling into the furs of Luna’s bed. She was thankful for the mead, perhaps it would help her relax

PreviousChapters Next