• Published 7th Sep 2013
  • 6,039 Views, 714 Comments

Dark Paradise: the TwiLuna Group Collab - Habanc



100-500 word prompt-based minifics from the TwiLuna group. Contains copious amounts of adorkableness.

  • ...
28
 714
 6,039

PreviousChapters Next
Bird - TheLastBrunnenG

Written by: TheLastBrunnenG

*****

"Oh, Twilight, I'm so sorry Mister Beaky didn't work out for you. He's sorry too." Fluttershy smoothed a ruffled tailfeather on the little macaw and lifted it onto a nearby perch. "Well, not really, but I can be sorry for both of us. Is that okay?"

"It's fine, Fluttershy. I know I said I wanted something more pet-like, now that Owlowiscious has taken over more of Spike's duties, but I just don't think Beaky here is the pet for me." Twilight smiled and turned to leave the pegasus' little cottage. "Maybe next week we can make another pro and con list of other potential animal companions."

From behind the curtain of her mane Fluttershy dared a wispy little smile. "Oh. Okay, if you're sure." She pawed the floor with a hoof for a few moments, then asked, “Um, Twilight?”

She turned, hoof on the door. “Yes?”

“If it’s not too much to ask, and I really hope it’s not – please tell me if it is – can I ask why you’re returning Mister Beaky? I mean, it would be nice to know what we need to work on if I’m going to help find him a forever home, and, well…” She trailed off into mumbling and whimpers, the floor suddenly immensely interesting.

Twilight looked at the ruffled little bird and her eye twitched, just a little. “I, ah...”

“Was he too insistent at mealtime? Oh, I should have reminded you how particular macaws can be about their food…”

“No, he was a perfect gentlebird at feeding time."

"Did he not get along with Luna's opossum? I know sometimes she leaves Tibbles with you, and they can be such shy little friends."

"No, they got along fine. It's just that Beaky is especially - well, he’s…” Twilight gulped and her grin froze a little. “…vocal”.

Fluttershy looked up and nodded. “Oh. Yes, that’s a species trait. They do vocalize a good bit, especially at night. Was he, um, too nocturnal? Keeping you up?”

“No, I’m usually up late anyway.”

“Was he too talkative?”

“Well…”

*SQUAWK!* POLYVECTORAL TRANSFORMATION? ARE THEY CRAZY? *BRAAWK!*

Fluttershy held a hoof to her muzzle and giggled, “Aww, Mister Beaky sounds just like you!”

*CHIRRUP!* SPIKE, I NEED MORE QUILLS! SPIKE, WE’RE LOW ON SQUID INK! SPIKE, DID I REMEMBER TO EAT TODAY? *SQUARK!*

“He must really have taken to you to learn your favorite phrases so quickly, Twilight.”

“Yes, that’s the issue. It’s not a problem that he’s so adept at mimicry, it’s that…”

*RUP! RUP! RUP!* I’M A NAUGHTY LIBRARIAN! *BGAAAK!*

“…he’s….”

*CHREET!* OOOH, MY DECIMAL SYSTEM IS GETTING DEWEY! *KRAAWK!*

“…so…”

*BRAAAK!* USE THE CROP, LUNA! USE THE CROP! *REEP! REEP!*

“…very...”

*SQUAARK!* HEY PRINCESS, WANNA GAZE AT MY STARS? *CHIRRT!*

“…observant.”

PreviousChapters Next