• Published 22nd Jan 2015
  • 730 Views, 140 Comments

My Little Witch - PoisonJoker09



As a new pony settles into the life of Ponyville, we have a peek into her strange life and activities, as she observes and causes some of the problems that happen in the area.

  • ...
2
 140
 730

Pointless Competition

Putting the eyesore of a sports implement inside my bag, and heading out in the general direction it was launched from was of course distracting me from by other pursuit of gaining naturally falling leaves. But, I simply set the pot back and conceded to myself that I really didn't need to supervise it at all. My other desire to find Rainbow and...I don't know, say something that would make her feel guilty.

I could say it hit a soup I was letting cool by the window, yes, that's a good excuse.

In part, I wasn't simply doing this out of the need to complain, with this I was cementing a personality for myself among the populace, since I couldn't remain as unknown as possible now that I found myself more than once involved in a number of problems, I need to abandon my lack of contact for a reputation, unapproachable and rough was already an easy thing to state about myself, enforcing it should at the very least make sure I don't have more hanger-on ponies like those...Snail and Snip characters, I think that's their names.

So, with this attitude and reputation, people won't approach me out of curiosity and ambiguity, but simply out the understanding that I am not one for social interactions.

...Sure enough I find myself at a crowd of ponies, cheering and looking on at something, I passed under a hastily made sign saying 'Iron Pony' competition, colored in orange and rainbow coloring...so, it doesn't take a genius to realize what is happening.

Sure enough, in the center of the crowd I managed to catch Rainbow and Applejack competing in...a lot of different physical events, I suppose, it reminded me of a few events I observed when I was travelling through the Griffin Kingdoms, I hadn't the time to look into them, but I did manage to see it for what it is, simply a contest of 'who is better'.

...I knew that I wished to become a unapproachable pony through example, but I don't think showing it to the entire town is really what I wanted to do. It seemed like Rainbow was winning, if the large scoreboard with a higher number next to the pegasi picture had anything to do about it.

I wished I could wait until they were done and do this discreetly...but then, Twilight caught sight of me and walked over, smiling, I pretended not to notice until she was right next to me.

"Good morning Twilight."

"Morning Scry, I didn't think you would be into sports."

"I'm not, I'm returning something one of the competitors send to me."

"Hmm?"

At her askance, I use my tail to reach inside and pull out the rainbow hoofball, her expression turned to confusion, yet dawning realization, "Uh...that, that is the ball that Rainbow-

"Yes, kicked through my window and upended my soup which I was leaving to cool by the windowsill, I was lucky enough not to have been near it."

"Sorry..."

"You have nothing to apologize for, Rainbow however needs to learn the problems with her actions."

"She...can't really be blamed either, she wasn't aiming for your house or anything."

"How far did Applejack kick hers?"

"Uh...33.5 metres?"

"Rainbow could have simple bested her by a few meters and won, instead, she had to be a show boat and so, it ends up with someone who needs to eat out for the evening." I slipped the ball back into my back, straightening up, "She should know as such, so she can be more careful in the future, you only need one mistake to realize when brash can be trouble for everyone else."

"...That is still rather a flimsy example, I don't think telling Rainbow...well, anything really would sink in."

"That sounds like giving up."

"I'm not saying that, just that well...she won't really 'get it' until she is shown it a little closer, or gets directed the right way."

"...Fine, take the ball and give it to her." Lost opportunity, but with that argument she was in the 'right' here, anymore pushing and it would seem petty on my part.

"I will be leaving now."

"Uh...Scry, before you leave...can I ask, what is with your tail?"

"It's naturally flexible, and I learned to manipulate it with magic when I was younger." I answered, of course, I knew it wouldn't end at that.

"Magic...but-

"Magic as in general, not strictly unicorn." I scratched at my heels as I shifted my weight a little, "It's basically a small skill that can be learned among all pony races in general, like flexing an imaginary muscle, it's just like the farming and strength capabilities of Gaian and weather manipulation and flight of a Pegasi."

"Gaian?"

"...Old term for Earth Ponies." I rubbed my head in quickly growing exasperation, this conversation was going on longer than I'd like.

"I never heard that before..."

"That is because you likely learned from books before, no matter how skilled they are, everything can't be found in a book." I explained, idly watching on as Applejack was finding herself on a losing streak.

"So...anybody could learn that tail trick?"

"With enough practice, yes, it's easier for Unicorns and Pegasi since they are used to making natural magic flow through extremities subconsciously."

"...So...how do you know so much then? If not from books themselves?" I was beginning to regret not cutting off this conversation.

"Experience."

"Eh?"

"I'm sure this has been said before, but all the learning and education in the world won't prepare you for things that are actually out there, when it comes down to it, experiencing and traveling have been my best teachers, it's trial and error, no one to turn to, and can be dangerous...but I know so much more in it, than I do safe and sound studying."

"Well...I wouldn't say that, book smarts has it's perks as well."

"Perhaps, but for me, there is no substitute."

"Hmm..."

I took a moment to stare at her...and sighed.

"Look...Twilight, I should probably stop putting off something I've been meaning to talk to you about, you are aware of the, Moon Cultists that kidnapped some members of the town before?"

"...Yes?" She seemed too have a serious cast to her features, only the barest hints of curiosity were in her features.

"Well...I had been one of the few that had been taken by them myself."

"Really? Are you okay?" Concern for me, not even knowing the exact circumstances yet, I am here so of course I am.

"Of course, I merely think I should at least put forth my involvement...keep in mind, that I was only one of the few that managed to fight to release the others from their bindings, and we managed to fight our way out, they obviously weren't equipped enough to handle escaping prisoners."

"Really...well, I'm glad your safe at least." She took Rainbow's hoofball.

"As I said before to Fluttershy, I'm tougher than that."

"Oh! Before I forget, will you be in the 'Running of the Leaves' tomorrow?"

"No, I am not particularly interested in it...also, I need to test some recipies out by myself, I need privacy."

"Well...alright...still, if you change your mind, they won't turn down another set of hoofs to help." She turns away...before looking back at me, "...Goodbye."

With that she walks away, taking a seat and watching the match continue...this time, it was some, rope, being pulled between the two fiercely...and Rainbow used her wings to fly above and win.

It seems, that she had won through natural biology while I was talking with Twilight...

...

Well, I suppose I should get back home now, hopefully I had gathered enough once again to start my 'Natures Blessing' brew, I've never missed an Autumn for five years, and I am certainly not going to let Rainbow ruin it for me.


Dear Fortune
How are you my dear? Things seem to have calmed down here for now and I have some exciting news! I managed to get a hold of a Terran ship from the Starcraft universe! With all its assets included! I might even be able to upgrade it for interdimensional travel! Here is a look at the ship in action.

...

I could do without seeing a giant fight of reality breaking proportions.

Especially one so loud and distracting while I'm currently mixing ingredients right now.

Thankfully, I am currently poring the tar in, which is a slow action with limited variation of movement, so I am in no danger of accidents.

Its not easy getting a hold of ships like this one...well legally anyways.

You say that you can modify it to travel dimensions, yet you have trouble in actually acquiring it through mundane means?

All of you entities, even when speaking about something slightly understandable, just flip it back to nonsense.

Oh and I am willing to offer a Khaydarin Crystal for a crystalized nature magic (they dont last for long so you do need to be quick about it) that should have recently formed near where you live. I believe the Crystal would be of great help to you due to its psionic and benevolent nature.

...

Do you mean-wait, different dimensions, obviously there will be some sort of difference in the elements of the world...

Crystilized natural magic, is the general description of a commonly grown material know as an 'Earthly Connection Gem'. As such, it is rather plentiful in the same land as a species naturally connected to the earth as a whole, in fact, it's so common that it is a ingredient shipped from Equestria to other parts of the world...

Of course, it's still expensive regardless, due to port from port upping the prices to the more faraway and hard to reach locations, usually that means that the place is in in dire need of them. Another thing that ponies are at fault with, they don't understand that the world outside their own is cruel and dangerous and that people will turn their generosity to their own advantage.

The gem itself is used to boost the efficiency and growth of crops, while in normal circumstances the crystal would lose it's power...in a place as abundant and as magically strong as Equestria, it recharges itself.

...I suppose if it is a rather difficult element for you to have depending on where you exist, I can pick it up. I suppose Smokey will be the one to transport it to you?

I will have to finish with this potion first...however, emerged nearby you say? It must be a vein of it that has become uncovered due to the Autumn months...

With great Joy
Professor Killjoy


P.S. Grumpy here just to tell you that the Crystal is intelligent and once you form a connection with it the thing will grow and adapt to help you in any way it can...and considering it can create and control a singularity flawlessly I would say its abilities are pretty impressive. Dunno what Killdork is thinking GIVING it away for a nature crystal... Oh and hope you like that Cloak of Balderan that the courier dropped off in your room.

I will use it eventually, turning into a wolf might be useful, but a predator discovered in close proximity of this town would be a cause of alarm, as I recall, wolves were a barbaric species that exist far in the North of Equestria, it is best that I don't use it unless I have real need of it's abilities...

...

I don't hunt for the meat I use either, it's purely from naturally dying animals.

Now...the matter of the crystal I am unsure about, I've been alone for most my life and I've never been one for pets...I suppose, I'll need every little help I can with these gifts you have been handing me. Now, maybe the sense of smell could help in a pinch...still, best wait for such a situation appear, if it doesn't then fine, if it does then good.

Well...It seem like I broke your mind when I sent you the definition of shipping through a song...and your author had to repair the damage...Then I had to send you that search engine thingy...
Probably not my brightest momment. :pinkiegasp:
Meh...What happend, happend.

...Huh?

//Shhhh...//

Alright then, I'll just assume that is your normal behavior and move on.

At least the universe was not destroyed by it...It happend once to another universe...Not my fault, I swear! <.< Really?
Ok, ok, ok! Maybe partly my fault! Uh, huh. Ok, ok! Stop staring! What do you want more from me? Say you're sorry! What? Why? You're being very rude, you know. Now apologize or you don't get any for the next decade or so. Fine, fine, FINE! Good. Now, go on. I'm sorry for all the shit- *BONK*:pinkiegasp: Language! There could be foals reading/watching/listening to this...Though, I'm not sure why would they. I'm sorry for the stuff that I did but I make no promise it won't happen again because that is just unrealistic in our immortal life. That is acceptable, I suppose. Good enough for me and probably the best that can be get from ya.:pinkiehappy: :pinkiesmile:Hi ya! Fortuna! Good luck! You're going to need it! *Giggle*

Sometimes, I wonder if they realize seeing an argument is strange for me, considering I'm seeing this in written form, it makes me think they spoke through the pen that was meant to be a letter like format...it even has the sound effects.

-Voidwalker-
Damn that Pink one...Yet, I still love her.

Yet another thing I can never understand about you, is your love life, as if I needed another.

Hello once again Miss fortune,

Daideo, good to see you.

I am uncertain if I have mentioned my theories to you or not, but this most recent happening has given me more reason than ever before to believe that our respective realities run in different time streams, that seem to fluctuate randomly, or at least in such a way that a pattern isn't apparent. My reason for this, is as you've stated it's been several days for yourself, all of which were unviewed by at least myself. Yet on the other hand, on my end it has been several months since I had any word of you. I was starting to lose hope of ever 'seeing' you again really.

Time travel will never be ones strong suits, theorizing time travel yes, otherwise you can never truly understand all the strange things that might happen in them. I'm sorry you haven't heard from me in a while, I can only assume that whatever happens, the universe can only align so much before it starts to wane in control.

My theories, and the possibly depressing answer they come to aside, I do hope you will find time to visit again soon, and I wish you luck with you dealings with Rainbow Dash.
~Daideo.

Yes, I will try, it might be a while before it does come to fruition, but I'll try.

Hey-o Scry-o!

Don't call me that.

It's a real good thing I've got an amazing memory, because for me it's been a few eras since I last saw you. Heh heh heh, I turned myself into a statue and spent some 5000 years in the same exact spot. Somehow a bunch of legends concerning the "Stone Monarch" started and spread around the world-disc. When I decided to leave, about 50,134,739.25, people were living in the city built around me.

...

...Y'know, I think I should have let them know beforehand when and how I was leaving. A lot of them thought that the world was ending, I decided to create a wormhole to get back here and it terrified them.

...

That's pretty much what it looked like, I got a small sample of Type k-135-xz-243870-1356-WH-ni7g90-40k-1 Primordial dust for you, an entire .000000000000000001 grams worth. And in case you think that's a small amount.... it is. But! There's a good reason for it. If I gave you 0.001 grams worth of it, it would probably shred your mind and destroy all life on your planet, then capture their souls and convert them into Daemons which would then spread across your universe converting planet after planet until all life was converted, afterwards they would exit your universe and join the Eternal War between Celestials, Infernals, and Primes.

...

Anywho, that's not really important, when it gets to you it'll come in a container that you can use to extract and inject small amounts of primordial dust into your concoctions add around .0000000000000000000000000001 grams worth to give your potions a little extra whoomph. Ta-ta~
P.S. Say Hi to Fluttershy for me :trollestia:

...You truly are a rarity, an oddity, and a strange member of all of this other entities, in so many ways.

I've been taking too long with this potion, I need to finish it right-

"Ah..." I quickly pulled it from the window, the number of leaves were perfect, I guess killing time really helped.

Hm...time to let it ferment for a while then prepare the right pieces...here and there...

Yes, this will take a good portion of the day to complete, it is well worth it thankfully enough.

Author's Note:

I'm trying to update this, so I guess things got rushed near the end.

Thanks to encouragement I managed to pump this out, so...thanks.

Comments ( 7 )

Miss Scry Fortune is your OC, right?

Dear Scry Fortune

Just to clarify the nature crystal I wrote about earlier is a bit rarer then an earthly connection gem as they only form near a nexus of ley lines with a strong connection to nature such as the one in the middle of the everfree forest and take thousands of years to form and last but a few weeks before dispersing back into the ley lines. The amount of magic in them is of the level where if you were to use it to grow a tree it would turn it into what could be defined as a "World Tree" which can elevate the amount of ambient magic in a world. They also tend to pretty big ranging from this...vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/scionprimarchs/images/6/68/World_tree.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140314015238 to THIS...i.imgur.com/ls5IiaB.jpg so please do be careful with it if you do get a hold of it...if it comes into contact with a tree...well youll have a new attraction in about a month! hehehe...

just be careful.

With Concern
Professor Killjoy

Grumpy's P.S. Okay...THATS a BIG tree...not as much a silly nature crystal as i thought. Try to use gloves or something when handling it. Just a thought. Unless you wanna take the chance that you become the Nature Primal of your world.
P.S.S. Actually go ahead and touch it I would love to see how you would deal becoming a primal:rainbowlaugh:.

I've seen bigger world trees.
In fact, I've seen THE world tree, Yggdrasil itself. One often forgets that the entire scope of eternity is, in itself, a living thing.
A tree of infinite branches, with each one containing the entirety of a single universe. It's appearance conforming to what one most expects to see. If one were to imagine it as a library, one could read about the goings on in any worlds.
I've actually been using this method to try and find a path to your world after some less than subtle nudging from the fates. As vexing as they are, it's best to heed the advice from those omnipresent crones.
.. and I've just been stabbed again. By empty space. Just goes to show, 'don't badmouth the ladies who decide the outcome of Russian roulette.'

On another note, it seems that somentity else has now offered you yet another way to boost your potions. With everything you've available, you might be able to brew the most potent healing elixir I have ever encountered. I do look forward to our meeting. Whenever I get there that is.


And it looks like Atropos just ran off with exactly the book I was looking for....

.....

Excuse me, I need to go take out my frustrations on some random army of evil.

Machina.

A Khaydarin crystal...
Do be careful Ms. Fortune.
With the recent removal of some sort of self-proclaimed dark god called Amon from existence entirely by a united force of Terran Dominion's, Protoss Alliance's and the Zerg Swarm's military power, the psyonic energy that the Khaydarin crystal possessed is flunctuating slightly...
It will be another 10 hours in your world before it return to normal.
Handle with care because the damn thing can blow up the planet if you mess up.
I'm warning you mainly because you don't have the understanding of the Protoss nor the Terran in psyonic energy. And the story would end way too soon if everyone die.
That and some teleportation mishaps by either the Terran or the Protoss with their own Khaydarin crystals might and I stress "might" send them here...
Oh, I can remove them quickly enough but it will raise questions...And I will have to clean up...Which would lead to less quality time with my wife...Which might lead to shenanigans of a displeased Chaos Goddess of Party and Celebration...And the last time she was displeased, 4 Chaos gods were dethroned and made mortals and she herself became one.
All I'm saying is: Please be careful like you usually are.
Oh, it wasn't that bad. I would say that I am a better Chaos god than they ever were.
>.> I suppose.
Goodluck to you, Fortuny.
P.S. Here is 100 more of my special cupcakes for you from my surplus. *5 boxes of 20 cupcakes popped in existence on the table*
I have just upgraded the taste a bit...Now it can make you feel like you have a *cough*orgasm*cough* in your mouth.
-Voidwalker-

Beep beep, boop.
Hello Scry (o) time for an anomalously advantageous adventure of Archmage! So Scry, can you guess what I did?
(Scry's sarcastic response)
Hey now, no need to be snarky. I encountered a pillar of reality! Pro tip: running into things that measure their energy in universes= owie. I'm fine though, what I did discover is a portion of Youth. And I saw you as a foal. Well, I had a heart attack. Really. I mean, you were extremely adorable. Like, no joke I had my heart explode in my chest 3 times before I could handle the cuteness I saw. Anyways, that gave me an idea for your next gift. A sample of water from the Fountain of Youth! Expect a 2 liter bottle to be in your bed when you get to bed. I'm sure you'll glean some data from analyzing it. Anywho, ta ta~ I'm off to go have tea with Death, Time, and Space!
-Archmage
(Insert They're Coming to Take me Away here)

Login or register to comment