• Published 22nd Jan 2015
  • 729 Views, 140 Comments

My Little Witch - PoisonJoker09



As a new pony settles into the life of Ponyville, we have a peek into her strange life and activities, as she observes and causes some of the problems that happen in the area.

  • ...
2
 140
 729

Pinkie Scry!

Pinkie Scry!

Throw advice to Scry sometime, it is nice to hear opinions and such, mine is, Greet Pinkie with a SMILE!

I blinked... and stared... and sighed.

"What'cha dooooing?" Pinkie intones as she bounces in uninvited, I simply looked at the text in front of my eyes.

"... Nothing... nothing at all." I then grabbed her shoulder and pulled her back, "Please, detach the wagon before you come inside, I don't need you breaking down walls to decorate it with streamers."

"Okie-Dokey-Loki!" She then took off the harness and continued inside, I simply pushed it back outside until I could close the door.

"WOW Scry! You're REALLY messy, there are chips of stone here and EVERYTHING!" She looked right and left, taking in my home with an excited eye, and then focused on the fireplace, "Oooooo, were you making food? Can I have some? What is it?! Tomato? Garlic? Beans? Broccoli?"

Actually poison mushrooms, I forgot to put away my last few experiments, "No Pinkie... it is simply dish water."

"Dish water? Why is it a cauldron then silly?"

Twitch, I couldn't suppress the twitch, "It was to CLEAN out the POT Pinkie, I will find a river or something else to properly get rid of the contents, now I suppose you want me to... party am I right?

"YES! It would be SO COOL! We can play lots of games like pin-the-tail-on-the-pony, we can have lots of treats, like cupcakes, candy, caramel appl- wait you don't like sweet food, OHOH! I heard from Applejack you like apples, we can have apple strudel, apple pie, apple fritter, are you drooling?"

I wiped my mouth quickly, "You're imagining things." Damn my love for the natural produce of the land.

Have a :moustache:

I blinked, and stared off at the text again.

Who even was that?

"HeeelllllllooOOOO?" I snapped back to the pink party pony, "You space out a lot ya-know?"

You would too if you were jest getting used to dimensional contact with another world.

"Well... I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I am not enthusiastic about noise... or crowds... or any energetic activity what-so-ever, so a party in your head, is the complete opposite of my idea of fun."

"Oh... so what IS your idea of fun?" She didn't show a second of discouragement, what was with this girl?

"I am very much a quiet person, who more so enjoys a relaxing afternoon and curling up to a book, perhaps long walks in the woods and... cooking up a meal I suppose." Brewing a new concoction is more so accurate.

"But you like BALLOONS right?" And out of nowhere, she pulled out a number of the round inflatable decorations.

I rubbed my eyes and stared hard at her, she smiled back.

"You... where did you get those?"

"From the wagon of course!"

...

"The wagon is outside."

"Yeah it is, pointing out the OBVIOUS much Scry-Scry?"

"Don't called me Scry-Scry."

"COME ON Scry-Scry, it's a cute nickname!"

"Nicknames are meant to be shorter, and even if I wished for one, my name is short enough, it needs no abbreviation."

"Whatever you say Scry-Scry~"

Hoof, meet face, repeatedly.

"Look... I do not know the exact custom there is, but I doubt you can throw a party for anyone who happens to move here, it is rather tiring and not very economically intelligent."

"Oh COURSE I'm being careful with how I pay for supplies! I can easily recycle all the decorations, and the bakery gets LOTS of business because of the popularity it is getting, and-

"Alright alright, your smart with money." Again, I suppressed the thought that Pinkie was clearly having the upper hand here.

I felt the 'presence' again, obviously the brew had worked alright, but the first snippet was annoying and the second was just plain confusing, I suppose the description did show what was to happen, didn't much like it however.

Yet, there should be a reason why this spell was recorded, the inane advice doesn't seem to fit the usual practical spells within the book, this was just another headache of the day, I thought I was done with Pinkie after the venture from before, but it seems I was mistaken.

"Look... has any of your group said about my involvement fighting Nightmare?"

"Oooooo! You mean like what Twilight said how you took on her yourself and-

I placed a hoof across her mouth, all to just end the long babble she would likely dispense, "Yes... Pinkie, THAT, I suppose Twilight had told you... Look, I am a, how you say, private pony, I prefer just to go unnoticed in the grand scheme of things, understand?"

She nodded hurriedly, not at all bothered with my blockage of her speech patterns, "Now... as much as your... enthusiasm, in the matter is appreciated, I do not want some random group of ponies intruding in my home to party and suddenly become become interested in my activities, as I've said before, I like my privacy."

This time, she gave a slower, perhaps thoughtful nod, I decided then was the right time to let her talk again.

"So... can we have a PRIVATE party?" Her grin had not moved, and I wondered if anything truly stuck in her head or did it go through some funnel connected to both ears.

Yet again, I not exactly sure about her question, "And be private party... who would you invite?"

"Well just Twilight, Applejack, Dashie, Fluttershy and Rarity of course!" She obliviously listed off the list and I sighed.

I suppose they ARE the only ones who knew of my presence in town personally... and if they were indeed asking around town for me, it would be best to smooth their fears out in case it became an organised search or something similar.

My eyes then curiously looked back to Pinkie, I didn't pay attention to my senses before, but now I realize that she had a, aura, that was not unlike the natural field emitted from a unicorn, that was certainly not there before.

In fact... it felt like a bubble, a bubble and quivered and shook in so many directions it was hard to tell which before it swung in the next, it was airy and carefree in it's movements, but it always stayed in the same point.

It fit the energetic mares personality certainly, but it was the presence and sheer SIZE that caused me an amount of pause, whatever the elements were, they had certainly managed to influence Pinkie to a startling degree, not anything to be seen, but certainly something that can be influenced by some forces under the radar.

"Soooooo?"

I snapped out of it and gave her a look with my actual eyes, she was again, looking at me with anticipation, I merely braced myself, "Okay, you can organize the part-

"YEEEEESSSS!" She pumped her hoof in victory and then sprinted to the door, "I've got to invite the girls and set up the decorations and get some non-sugary food-

"You... can get some if you wish, there is no need to change the pallet of the event because of my personal taste." I interrupt her, she smiled back at me.

"Don't you worry silly-filly, I'll make some apple treats as well, Applejack will sure be happy to hear somebody likes her produce, OH!"

She bounced over to me and looked me in the eyes, "Can you promise to act surprised when we come, I mean it can't be a surprise party if you aren't surprised and expecting it and I always throw a surprise party for new ponies in Ponyville and it would be SO MUCH help if you can do that, please?"

I shrugged, "I suppose I could... to be honest you are surprising enough as it is, I doubt I could fake something of that nature if you should come around again."

She squealed, "This is going to be the BEST PRIVATE PARTY EVER!"

She then paused... "Well, next to my FIRST party ever with my family, but that was a special occasion, and does it count as a private party or a family party?"

A few seconds of silence made me realize it wasn't rhetorical, "... I suppose it would be the..." I internally kick myself for the words I am to say, "Best private party among ponies other than your family, ever?"

She then let out a giggle, a amused little giggle.

"Aw Scry-Scry, can't you just say friends?"

I blinked, and looked into her eyes, confused.

"... friends?"

"Yes filly-billy! We'll be the best-est, greatest and most awesome friends EVER!" She then, hugged me, and I froze up for a seconds before she let go and bound out the door.

"See you at ten! OH! I mean SOMETIME in the FUTURE... FOR THE SURPRISE YOU WON'T KNOW ABOUT!" She then slowly winked at me, like there was anybody to fool in the first place, "Seeya Scry-Scry!"

And she was gone, the door shut behind her, focusing with my eyes, the last minutes of the brew ticked away as I watched the pink pony gallop with the wagon full of supplies back to town, I took a deep breath, and turned towards my work place.

If I was going to have a 'party' here, I might as well clear some room for such a thing.

...

What an infuriating mare.

Author's Note:

I admit it, I ship them!

It didn't really go through my mind when making her, but I guess their banter kind of got that way.

And before you know it, Pinkie Scry!

Here's to the first note of the story, WOO!