• Published 22nd Jan 2015
  • 728 Views, 140 Comments

My Little Witch - PoisonJoker09



As a new pony settles into the life of Ponyville, we have a peek into her strange life and activities, as she observes and causes some of the problems that happen in the area.

  • ...
2
 140
 728

Cleaning Up

Ya know, it isn't nice to say those things about my husband, Fortuney.

The moment he stops annoying me with his very presence I'll consider being cordial... and don't call me Fortuney, at least stick the the 'nickname' your counterpart gave me.

I was currently tidying up from the mess that the cultists had managed to do to my door by collecting the star pieces of wood that splintered from their forceful entry into my home, I would need to get a new one again... and put up a few protective wards to help with defending it better.

But, still, I am sorry for the interruption of your sleep with one of his troop's theme...It's called 'Hell march' (number 2 to be exact) or also known as 'Marching to hell' (The equivalent of Tartarus).

It's fitting for him and his demeanor at the very least...

He forgot to turned off the...feed...to your world off. Here is something nicer...

A quiet, and gentle tune then filled my mind, with a range of instruments present that I didn't attempt to identify, I simply closed my eyes and experienced the music as it came, the stress of the morning lifting off me, I was thankful of the song being longer than the others as it played.

Eventually it stopped and I breathed a sign of relief, "Thank you, I needed something calming for a while."

Also, to say I am sorry on his behalf. Here is the box of 12 specialized cupcakes.

I jumped a little when a small box suddenly appeared out of nowhere in front of me, I looked down at the box as it fell to the floor and found 12 pictures, all thoughtfully with a picture of my Cutie Mark on the top.

Made just for your taste buds. They cannot be spoiled and can heal you of any sort of injuries and illeffects immediately and temporarily boost all of your ability by the triple for about 1 hours. It is one of our special military rations.

Hmm... I suppose they should be useful for the future, I'll be sure to keep one or two at hoof.

Bwahahahahahaha! So the bitch of Void is alone and defenseless, You will gain me a great favor of the glorious Dark One!

I blinked as an obviously different text appeared underneath, judging from the context it seems he wasn't friendly.

*sigh*...They never learn, do they?...I deny your existence! Argh! No, it is impossible! I am immortal! I am unending! You was not suppose to be able to affect me! Bitch! I am Pinkie Pie! Goddess of Chaos, Queen of United Terran Empire, Reality warper and a novice Voidwalker. You DO NOT question me!

I frowned as the distinctive sound of an explosion echoed faintly through the link to the messaging entities, meaning that this text was likely being sent in real time, or whatever equivalent across dimensions.

Retreat!

Oorah! We won! All hail the queen!

I sighed, it seems that no matter the dimension, Pinkie Pie reigns as one of the scariest entities in it.

Hmmmp! It's rude to interupt someone. These followers of The Dark One have no manners.

I wonder if it is because you are wiping their allies instance in the multiverse away.

Now, where was I? Oh, and that's how I got my cutie mark...wait...wrong story...Ok, I can give you another object that you might find useful...

Very well, I was due for another artifact of immense power.

'The hoof ring of travel' I know it is not creative but I am not the one who named it. Basicly, same thing as the knife. I bonded it with your soul, It will let you teleport with no flash of light and sound to anywhere you have seen already,

Hmm... that would certainly be useful... in fact, very much so, there are several places of which I remember on my travels I would like to get back to, all in which have special herbs and ingredients around the area...

just need to think about it...cool down is about 10 minutes between jumps. Range is about 10 Kilometers (The range can be increased at the cost of cooldown time and of course the shorter the range, the shorter the cooldown time). It was infused with an enchantment from an Echonarchmage so it can bypass any sort of shield and ward.
Hope it will prove useful.

Ah, that makes it a little less useful, yet again, Unicorn teleportation of course has it's limitations as well.

That makes my future plans rather useless... but it can certainly be just the thing needed if I wish to appear at a certain point in the Everfree forest, maybe the castle, somewhere else.

And it could certainly be a useful escape route.

As I thought this, a small ring materialised on the table on the right of me, I slipped it on without a second thought.

Thank you Pinkie, I will make good use of it.

P.S. I also left a small cupcake sample next to the box that hold same type of specialized cupcake, tell me what do you think about it.

I looked to the side, and indeed there was a mini cupcake on the side, I put it in my mouth, and indeed the small bruises I had managed to receive as a result of last night's problems disappeared, leaving a soothing tingle through my coat, I felt myself frown as a few twitches went through my body, an unintended side effect perhaps.

P.P.S. You look so cute when you're asleep. :pinkiehappy: Totally not creepy at all.:pinkiegasp:

Urg, I really didn't need to hear that, me and any comment about my visual attraction while I am unconscious needs to be put to rest, I would not hear that so early in the morning.

P.P.P.S The song at the beginning is also a lullaby so if you want to play it again, just will it to play. It has a calming effect... and will be listened by those you want to...Like little foals...*wink* *wink*

I waited... and when no other text presented itself, I let myself sigh.

"Thank you... I suppose this will help me when things get stressful... and I hope you mean foals of Ponyville, if they are anything like Snips and Snails then I suppose toning down their enthusiasm would be a gift. It would be difficult explaining where the music came from since no one nearby was going through a Song Shift."

I then managed to gather up the rest of the door's splinters and gaze upon the pile leftover.

"I wonder if I am going to visit the carpenter more than the hospital at this rate..." I looked at the open doorway, thankfully it was still warm despite winter coming soon, so it wasn't unpleasantly cold.

Tak, tak, tak... Certainly a busy one, aren't you?

... Well, busy is a term used for when I myself with to do something, I get pulled into them more so I suppose you can say I am, accident prone?

Dark cultists, creatures beyond what any would call horrific and entities whose origin stretch further than the purview of your world... Interesting, to say the least.

Then I hope it becomes a lot more boring, to stay in this town for any longer I would prefer not to be sacrificed or something else equally unwarranted.

I wish you the best in such stressing endeavors, hopefully they will not plague you too terribly. If it is any consolation, I will make a note to keep an eye on you.

Thank you... red words.

Hmm, no name this time, very well.

Hello Mouse I left two new items in your kitchen one is a coffee & tea maker all you need to do is keep its tank full of water and tell it what you wish to drink and how much to make from a cup to a pot full.

Hmm... I suppose I could do with a pick me up, I had a bad night so something energetic would suffice.

I walked into my kitchen and was met with a large metal... thing, taking up space on one of the counters, I watched it warily for a moment.

"... Coffee, one cup full." I heard a whirring sound emanate from it, and then a part of the machine slid open, revealing a small sup filled with steaming coffee.

I took a sip from it happily, giving a satisfied nod.

The other is simply what some call a "stress relieving ball" with all that is going on I figured you could use one.

Hmm... that seems more for anger problems than anything, but I will keep that in mind.

I saw the ball itself was a green and red striped colour, sitting next to the machine.

Truly sorry I'm not as helpful or vocal as the others but I get the feeling you are getting a bit overwhelmed with all that is going on. Any way have a good day Mouse.

The Cheshire Cat

Overwhelmed... I suppose I was for a while, but I've adapted so far with what I had been through.

And don't worry, while not in the realms of being useful in a bad situation, it still is refreshing to have one or two trinkets that simply are interesting instead of useful in the urgency sense.

Hmm, I wonder.....
It would seem I am still unable to form my own conduit to your world at present. I would require a stronger beacon than we presently have available.

Hmm? Well that is unfortunate, I need to ask what the 'beacon' you speak of is exactly.

Ironically, this places me in much the same position as the Dark One.

Not exactly, while the Dark One is technically 'here', he is severely weakened or disconnected, you are in another dimension and simply can't travel here yourself.

However, I find ritual sacrifice to be a quite distasteful means of accomplishing anything, therefore I shall default to remaining a voice of reason for the time being.

Machina

I hope to stick to that statement, worrying about one incident of blood magic is enough for the month.

I then finished my cup of coffee and left it in the sink, and continued the task of cleaning the entrance by placing the errant splinters outside, to be burned later.

As I was walking through the empty doorway, another message appeared.

Dear Miss Fortune
I'm glad that you have safely escaped from your captors and wish you luck for future confrontation with them or any problem you may have.

Luck has nothing to do with it, if luck had any factor then it would be that I wouldn't have to deal with them again.

I have noticed many of the entities that you have been in contact with have been quite open with you and since we have entered into a bit of business I thought it would be polite to give you more information about myself.

Hmm?

But as I have told you before I'm bound by rules so I can not tell you out right so instead I will give you a question to ponder on that may give you some insight.

The question is what separates the title of Prophet from other such titles such as Seers or Oracles?

If you can get the right answer or at least close to you can earn two favors. Give your answer in the same way you answer my riddles.

... Well, it would have be that prophet's are actually a proxy from beings from another plane, otherwise known as god's, spreading words of the future is not exactly accurate, they simply are passing on the word of their own gods and what they degree is truth.

So I suppose you must be part of a religion to be referred to as such.

Speaking of riddles here is the one a promised you before
This old one runs forever, but never moves at all. He has not lungs nor throat, but still a mighty roaring call. What is it?

Hmm... that is another tough one.

Something that runs yet doesn't move... that would have to be a technical way of saying it, what 'runs'? Maybe a machine or some sort.

... Running of water? Seems like it, now the second part, 'a mighty roaring call', what roars and is connected to water, a waterfall, as in a waterfalls sound when it hits the bottom of the river.

I took out a piece of paper and wrote down my answer for the normal riddle, a Waterfall, spoke it out loud, and threw it into the fireplace as per usual.

And then the second I worded my answer as such, The difference between a prophet and other titles such as seer and oracle is that they have religious connections with their gifts, they don't see their future, they see the future their god's tell them.

I burned it like the last and sat down on a nearby stool to rest.

best of luck Miss Fortune
Yours Sincerely Prophet
P.s You might want to feed Smokey before he eats one of Fluttershy's Pets

... I thought you fed it...

"... Smokey?"

Shadows became solid in the corner, and the lizard appeared once again.

"What have you... been eating since you came here?"

He tilted his head at me because, he's a lizard, why did I expect an answer.

You're getting literal answers and questions from thin air dim witted bucking idiot.

I made a mental note to make another Psyki Coolant, it seems that the last must have worn off earlier than I anticipated.

I'm here you bucking bitch, ignoring me isn't going to help.

"Look, you are intelligent, can you nod and shake your head?"

He did so, his head going through the necessary motions.

"Good, did you eat anything in this dimension?"

He nodded.

"Hmm... was it another animal?"

He nodded...

"Was it small?"

Shake.

"Large?"

Nod.

"In the forest?"

Nod.

"Good, make sure any meals that you have stay there."

He nods once again, and before I can say he can leave, he does so.

"Well, there's no danger of that at least."

Fluttershy is on shaky grounds in terms of trust for me, she is very withdrawn, but I won't mistake that inner strength that she likely has, she wouldn't have traveled with her friends into the Everfree forest otherwise.

I won't have any other interactions with her, and likely she will be too put off by the other night that she'll stay away likewise.

Dear Scry Fortune
Due a recent book on Primals I just acquired I believe that you may be correct in assuming that this being you've encountered is one.

Good, to encounter one so early after learning of their existence is unsettling, I wish I had more knowledge from your end Killjoy...

I looked at the parcel that was send from her, having forgotten about it from cleaning around, I decided to look into it now.

Inside was another letter enclosed within it, I took a moment to read it and realise it wasn't actually from Killjoy, but infact from another entirely, a formal scrawl that professionally told it's message.

Dear /Scry Fortune/
The token allows the user to summon the entity known as /Professor Killjoy/ for 1 hour with all their power. Unfortunately it has a very high price for using it that varies with each entity. The good thing is that the price can be paid by either the summoner OR the summonee.
If /Professor Killjoy's/ is the one to pay after the 1 hour is up, the price is almost everything so /Killjoy/ would volunteer to pay it since it will have the least impact for the future. The result is all of /Killjoy's/ power and most memories would be lost, being changed into a young being of the summoners species and gender, the case being /Miss Scry Fortune/. They would also be stranded in the others world as well.
/Killjoy would only retain limited immortality (not aging once maturity is reached and that is it) and the ability to access the private library (which exists in a pocket dimension attached to Killjoy's soul)./
Please note that this is specific to /Killjoy/ and not to any other entity. If you wish to know the price for the others (if they wish to be summoned) you will have to ask them, as well as gain a contract and their own token needed for the task.
Sincerely
President of the Inter-Dimensional Courier Service.

I took a few seconds to go over the message...

Thank you Killjoy... for the offer to help as such, a drastic price such as this however... it doesn't seem likely I would call upon you and your abilities lightly.

The token itself was a medallion of some kind, it was a swirling design of silver dragons in a circle of swirling lines likely representing the sea.

I took a moment to look over it... and placed it carefully into one of my bags, for a later time.

I then returned to the message sent by Killjoy herself.

In fact I may know which world this Primal may belong to specifically.

Hmm? Do tell, seems like something worth noting.

One chapter of this book talks about observations made about another dimension and the apocalyptic event that occurred in it. Apparently the inhabitants of that dimension managed to summon one of the most powerful beings in existence...The Primal of the Void

... Oh by Tartarus...

A being of pure nothingness...suffice to say the dimension didn't even last an hour before being erased from existence (don't worry about this happening to your universe as the requirements to summon it are insanely difficult one of which is to know the Primals true name.)

I would snap the neck of any who would know of such a name, to bring a being of such... utter encompassing... nothing is... insane.

The Void is a presence that is entirely meant to be separate from the world, it is everything that doesn't exist, if it were to cross the boundary and somehow leak into the real world, other objects will also join it and become non-existent. There have been several cases where the presence of a being was wiped from memory both in the mind and in physical evidence, only high level magics as well as being able to see the Void's presence in the world itself, like me, is able to remember them being here.

It is terrifying...

But then it makes a reference to a Primal of Darkness that managed to escape before the end. The entries after this are sketchy but from what i can tell the destruction of his dimension had a massive impact on his mental state (as i said a primal is literally part of their aspect so having the darkness of his dimension erased would be akin to being torn apart in a way unimaginable to mortal minds). Whether this is the same Primal I cannot say definitively but it does look likely.

It seems likely, entities hardly stray off the path of neutrality, as degreed before. So it is likely he was affected terribly from the event.

To look directly into the Void... is like having hundreds of years stripped from your mental state, going insane and sane again, it's an unending cycle of existence and nonexistence.

...daddy, I'm scared.

... I screwed my mind into a meditative state, breathing out calmly and shutting out any worry.

I opened my eyes to the world and simply moved onto the message, I will not worry about problems far out of my control.

With much interest
Professor Killjoy
P.S. Just to note that Primals aren't normally malevolent just neutral and sometimes apathetic but never evil as being bound to an aspect keeps them level headed. It takes extreme circumstance to make them that way.

Just as I said, extreme cases indeed... I almost feel pity for him.

I'm not going to get out of his way however.

Hello Miss Fortune, it's me Archmage again!

... Well, I needed a change from the serious atmosphere I suppose...

*sigh* Keeping my domains dimensionally stable has been a lot of work lately. I've been finding a lot of oddly pink rifts.

Are all of you simply trying to play off my cautiousness of Pinkie Pie by making everything dangerous become the colour of pink? By now you are simply making me immune to such provocations.

Anywho, I have a gift for you.

I blinked as another weight managed to wedge itself around my neck, I frowned and looked down to find a beaded necklace of stones, which I identified as Onyx, and a larger Onyx medallion sitting on the end, it had numerous stars shining inside it's depths, showing it's magical wavelength.

Your very own pocket dimension!

... I think I am going to be spoiled or go insane from the amount of items you give me that are out of the ordinary to the point of being dangerous.

I know how nervous you've been about getting caught so I made a universe you can access by saying "The Academy". Only you, I and people/entities we choose may enter. To get back say "Home".

Thanks for the forward advice, I would rather not be stuck there when I do decide to go.

Anyways, it is in the design of one of the Alchemist's guild halls back in my home universe.

Out of preference I suppose, I hope it is not all too complicated how you mapped it out.

It comes with over 100 select varieties of potion-making components, including but not limited to Dragon heart, Bezoars, Solid Mana, Faeirie wings, Balor Heart, Gold Dust, Fire Rubies, and much much more!

Are you selling the place or giving me it?

It also has many books detailing the Alchemical process.
Here's a nice recipe:

I took out a piece of paper to write down the text that was appearing.

1 ounce of dragon heart, mixed with a 1/2 ounce of finely ground mana, poured into 5 gallons of quickgold, stirred 5 times counter-clockwise, and 2 times clockwise, left to boil at 250 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 minutes. Add 1/2 cup of Basilisk venom and 3 ounces of beetle juice and you get the Scars-Be-Gone. A potent healing serum that can heal injuries in a matter of seconds, All the ingredients for this is in the main lab.

Another healing potion... I can't help but feel worried.

It's like being given bandages and medicine with every corner I progress around, like people are expecting me to get harmed.

I couldn't not be excited however, a pocket dimension? With an array of different ingredients I could experiment with?

Not only that, ingredient books that could show the official uses in those ingredients, that's not counting how I could experiment how they will react with my natural connection to unlocking their potential.

Bye bye!

P.S Miss Pie is quite correct, you do look extremely adorable when asleep.

I thought I had established that would be better unsaid, do you entities even have an idea of what personal space is?

P.P.S In case we use different systems in the main entrance hall (The Golden Arch) there are some books detailing my measuring and time systems and a map of the complex. I also have had the measuring cups, scales, dials, levers, and timers very clearly labeled.

Good to know I suppose.

I took a second to glance at the pocket dimension necklace, considering...

But then I shook my head, I had already been to Daideo's one not to long ago, I am sure the Archmage wouldn't mind holding off a visit until I get myself orientated for the day.

Being kidnapped before certainly added weight to the argument.

I find myself envying Archmage. Casual interdimensional teleportation may be easy for many of us, but it's always been reaching the right destination that has been a problem for me.

Hmm, I suppose it is something to be envied about...

Entertaining at times, but still a problem. Relying on random chance has never helped. Such is the curse of any who chose to defy the fates. They are easily offended, and have a twisted sense of humor. If you ever see three elderly mares at a spinning wheel, politely turn around and leave the area as fast as possible.

Seems like an interesting story is behind that, I will be sure to ask about it the next time I visit.

On the other limb, the places I do end up in by happenstance have always proved useful, if not also painful. Ah to hell with it, I'll try anyway.

...

... and door number one literally lead to hell. How poetic. And they even left a golden pair of shears for me as a calling card.
This may take a while.
Machina.

Ah... well, good luck to your endeavors then, I can only hope for the best.

Now... what to do...

I suppose number one is to make a trip to the carpenter, it is rather a pressing concern with winter coming closer-

knock...

I perked my ears up at the faint sound of a knock on wood, I turned my head towards the open doorway and was met by an unexpected sight.

Fluttershy, in her mouth was a small basket and she nearly hid behind the wall when my eyes met her own.

I took a brief second to sigh, these ponies were too unpredictable, maybe it's because they are in close proximity of Pinkie Pie, shes managed to affect them to this level.

"Fluttershy." I merely acknowledged her with her name, an answering mumble through her mouth was all I was given.

"Fluttershy, if you were closer I may have heard you, but not from behind the wall so quietly and especially with something in your mouth at the time." A few seconds pass, and the pink mane pops into view once again, shuffling awkwardly.

"I wu wu'dun 'f yu wu'id to..." She leaned her head down and dropped it from her mouth and started again, "I... well, if you wanted to of course... eat with me, um, well, it you want to... of course."

I did my best to hold in facehoof that was building up, and simply did my best to look like I was considering the option.

I eventually nodded and stood up from my stool, "I have been feeling rather hungry, you can come in and I'll help set the table."

"Ah, sorry for the intrusion..." She picked back up the basket and we made our way to the kitchen.

"Um... what is that?"

"A trinket I found in town somewhere, makes tea." I answered shortly, already testing the story I was going to give for future visitors.

And so we prepared for an awkward lunch.

Author's Note:

Alright, I was planning to introduce another entity in this chapter, but time manged to slip away from me and I needed to half the chapter, I will get around to it but for now I have to exercise an amount of restraint.

Archmage, don't worry, I'll get around to writing up your involvement later.

Now onward! To awkward lunches!