• Published 22nd Jan 2015
  • 728 Views, 140 Comments

My Little Witch - PoisonJoker09



As a new pony settles into the life of Ponyville, we have a peek into her strange life and activities, as she observes and causes some of the problems that happen in the area.

  • ...
2
 140
 728

Cult Classic

Hmmm, so Mouse, looks like you found a new friend however you most likely will not care for the music she makes. Oh ready your self just in case your rather poor jailers are changlings. Now on the other paw can't wait to see how you deal with the loud mouthed Trixie. If I could, I would be patting your head in sympathy, good luck Mouse, show the rat jailers a thing or two.

I will try to do that Cheshire... and no, Changelings have a distinct trait about them, even if I haven't seen them yet I doubt they would be so sloppy with their measures, and the caves, although are usually the place where Changelings would nest, are lacking any trace of their usual adornments such as hivecomb, and a number of other byproducts of their continued residence.

And... well, I would be able to tell one from a glance.

Right now I was in the midst of making Trixie... comply. It was hard enough persuading her that I wasn't involved with the people you foulnapped us, not to mention making her hold her breath so that my diluted acid could burn the inhibitor from her horn.

Vinyl was simply on the sidelines, making jokes in the form of 'my expense'.

"You great and powerful Trixie does not need the help of other ponies for her escape." The magician sniffed as I suggested teaming up to escape.

"Look... Trixie, I am not going to even mention how you needed help in getting out of your cell, or in fact to get that inhibitor off your horn, let me just ask you, if you were so 'great' and 'powerful', why did you get caught in the first place?" I was keeping my temper rather well in all circumstances.

"Trixie was going to escape! She-she just needed a well deserved rest and, Trixie was caught when she was off guard!" She looked flustered as she tried to defend her position, Vinyl leaned towards me.

"Sure we can't just leave her here boss lady? I didn't see much of that 'Ursa' incident but I think she hasn't learned anything from it." It was hushed in the form of a whisper, yet loud enough so that it was obvious to Trixie what she had said.

"Y-you insolent pony! Trixie have you know that it wasn't Trixie's fault that Ursa Minor strolled into town! And Trixie is much more impressive than that purple unicorn, she will never be as great and powerful as Trxie!"

"How about Trixie switches out 'Great' and Powerful' for, 'Quiet' and 'Cooperative'." I shot back at her, and then turned my head to the blue headed mare, "And Vinyl, no matter how much her personality grates on you, I have to ask that you don't encourage her anger."

Both mares huffed and looked away from one another, well, Trixie did, Vinyl just smiled like it was no problem she was told off.

Something tells me she is used to it.

"Now, Trixie, if you are indeed so confident in exiting this place, then we won't stop you. But think on how we will be having a hard time getting out of here without you expertise." I was pulling on the right strings as the mare's ears perked in interest, "I am sure that the title of 'The Brave and Heroic Trixie' would fit well with you."

"... Very well! Consider yourself lucky, for The BRAVE and HEROIC Trixie shall offer her assistance in your escape from this prison!" She struck a pose and I resisted the urge to roll my eyes.

In an actual attempt as secrecy, Vinyl whispered to me, "Are you sure feeding her ego is the best idea?"

"In life, no, it won't help at all, but right now we just need her to stay on until we get out of here." Personally I was confident in getting out by myself, but now that there was Vinyl and possibly others throughout this place, I needed a larger number in order to break out of here, otherwise I would never sneak out with this large number of ponies.

Umm, yeah, so that's happening. I apologize that I haven't been able to message sooner, I was actually in a situation not so different from yours. Though that brings to light a new bit of information, it seems our relative times run at different paces.

Hmm, I suppose that would be inconvenient, maybe you should ask one of your other entities friends to forward the messages to you if it has such a large gap between each other, it's been a while Daideo.

Granted, my captors were a fair bit more competent than yours seem to be, seeing as you broke your bindings in what, fifteen minutes? Whereas mine were able to hold me for a few days. Which actually brought me to the idea of the whole 'time-pacing' thing. You see, I was unable to check up on you during my 'stay', and several days after I was cut off, I see you in an underground cell. So I check back and it turns out the last day I'd messaged you, on your end, was just ending.

I am sad to say that I would have preferred you position, all of this is too easy for me, they didn't think to steal my possessions and just took me out of my home. The unicorns here were obviously inhibited... hmm... wait a second.

"Weren't you tied up by our captors?" I asked the pair of them, I looked at them curiously.

"Uh, yeah, but I've been here for a while, managed to shrug out of them things with a lot of tugging." Vinyl commented.

"The Smart and Experienced Trixie is easily a master of bindings, she was able to escape from the amateur knots placed around her body minutes."

That makes no sense, why would they tie up us so messily, it is like binding us had no purpose in the first place.

Speaking of your situation. I've a bit of my own help to offer. I got... A brick, a few nails, a glass of some weird black water, and a pretty neat hat that I'd be willing to part with.

... Good, I feel so special.

Now, these things might seem useless, and they may very well be. hat aside, but remember, they come from a plain of darkness and despair, so who knows what effect they may have on the fabric of your reality.

Uh... okay, removing sarcasm, thank you for your contribution.

Though I can assure you that your universe won't explode, implode, or any other 'plode should you want a brick for some reason and not have one on hoof.

As I wondered what else could have 'plode' in the name, my bags suddenly felt heavier, I internally wonder with the reach and accuracy they had in dropping items into the world, they had to come up with such elaborate systems of couriers for other deliveries.

Also on the topic of your situation. Do you have a muting potion, or the ingredients to make such, on your person? I ask because should you not shut miss 'great and powerful' up the best case scenario is you get a splitting headache and the urge to cause bodily harm on your way out, worst case being her noise getting you caught on top of the best case scenario. As I assume you've already figured for yourself.

Yes, I've been tempted, but unfortunately a Mute Mixer is a rather useless potion in most circumstances I find myself in, it can only work by going into the body and is too weak in gas form, and even if I do get someone to swallow it, what use does it have? It only has an effect on the voice. If you however mean a general sound one, Soft Shoe Oil is the only one I came across on, it takes away the general 'clop' of ponies shoes on rock surfaces.

Also, also on the topic, I wouldn't be too worried about them being changelings as the cat suggested. Granted the whole underground bit is very changeling-esque, but seeing as you were bound with rope instead of a sort of hardened green goo, were kept in a cell rather than a cocoon that the changelings are known for, And miss Scratch had an actual magic suppressor rather than her horn being amputated or encased in the previously mentioned goo.

Exactly, all previous points I've mentioned, also as a side note, they always amputate the extra parts off of unicorns and pegasi once they are brought to their hive, it makes it harder for them to initiate an escape you see. Since they wouldn't likely kill the pony off more than stripping them of their legs would, their resin can be stripped off with outside help.

This all leads me to believe that, well, I don't know, all it really tells me is that your captor isn't a group of changelings, knows how dangerous unicorn magic can be, and yet at the same time is completely ignorant of the possible lethality of alchemy.

Changelings have a very testy history with Witch's, so you are right. Also, another reason why I knew this wasn't Changelings? Witch's are never brought to the hive, they are usually killed on sight, and they would have learned that from the bags.

Alchemy however is different from witchcraft, it works with the scientific side of certain chemicals and magical ingredients, I already said that witchcraft can use existing ingredients and a witch's presence to turn into something illogical with said materials when not used by a witch.

All that aside, I have a question for you, a very important question, very important indeed.

It is going to be something stupid isn't it?

What, is your favorite kind of tea?
~Daideo

... I never really got to experience much forms of tea, so I couldn't say, I suppose black was kind of good.

I then held out a hoof to stop my companions.

"Ah! What do you think you are doing, trying to impede the way of the-

"Shh." I said shortly, and point forwards, on the wall of the flickering fire, a shadow of a pony made itself seen, coming around the corner.

I traded looks with the two, and we split apart, opening the empty cells and ducking inside them.

I held my breath as the hoofsteps came closer, my tail already snaked into my bag grabbing a paralysis potion... and realizing I didn't have one.

Dammit, I must have left my enemy one back at home, I am getting too relaxed in this place...

Dear Scry Fortune
Seeing as you are dealing with a dangerous situation (although with how incompetent they are i use the term loosely) I will give you a few items which you should find in a nearby unlocked cell.

Convenient.

1 wand of sleep with 3 charges (the blue one and useful for single targets and lasts for a full hour)
1 wand of charm with 3 charges (will make the target think you are a friend for 5 minutes)
3 plasma grenades (Just press the button and throw! preferably away from self and allies. Great for dealing with big tough targets or large groups of small ones!)

... Whats a wand? And for that matter, a grenade?

Nevermind, I can guess from their effect there is some magical effect to them.

I looked down at two pieces of wood, and three round lumps of metal carved into a certain shape.

Now, for the situation at hand.

Knocking out the guard would be the best thing, but how am I going to explain how he just dropped unconscious to Vinyl and Trixie? Letting him walk by isn't as good either, the situation here suggests that since there were no other turns while we were going down here, that this one is trying to check on us. He will definitely try to run back and we'll find ourselves likely hit from the back.

So... I needed to put on a performance.

Gathering all the equipment in my bag except for the one I needed, I picked up the green 'wand' and... didn't know how to exactly use it, so I just tried to focus on 'the intent to use' and push it into the stick, all the while whipping it around and pointing it at the passing head of the figure.

A glowing spectrum around the wand and the guard immediately stopped, I opened the door smoothly, hiding the wand as well.

"Good evening." I said, the door shutting behind me.

He turned to me partially, and underneath his hood I could make out a smile, "Well hello, good evening to you."

He looked me over, and nodded, "Nice cloak, but I prefer black."

"Yes... anyway, you wouldn't mind mind drinking this do you?" I held out a small vial of dark blue.

"Well sure, is it punch or something?" He grabbed the vial out of my hand and brought it to his lips, I didn't even answer him as he gulped it down.

"Hah, well that hits the spot, you know,, you look quite familiar you know..."

He hell to the floor with a thud, and I looked at his body with a neutral expression.

"Uh... boss lady? What did you do?" Vinly asked as she poked her head out of her own cell door, Trixie not far behind.

"Well, for one I finally managed to estimate how stupid out captors are... and how sad it is we got caught by them."

"Wait... you're saying, this guy didn't know who you were, thought you were one of them because of the cloak, and drunk some sleeping medicine and... went unconscious, and stuff?" She incredulously asks, poking the stallions body.

"Yes, pretty much." More accurately it was 'Deep Coma' which will cut off any attempts of trying to wake up the drinker, and won't wake up until one full day has passed, or he is dunked in cold water.

"... Well, I guess I won't be making you pay for drinks at the bar when we get out." She answered with a decisive nod.

"... The bar?"

"Hey, we are breaking out of a crazy lunatics place, I think that calls for drinking." She paused, "Or do you want to do this like a Dizzy-Hay movie and kiss-

"A drink would be preferable." I answered quickly, "But to be honest, I am not big on alcohol, you can count me out on that."

"Trixie is not really welcome back at Ponyville..."

"Well I can't just celebrate with a drink ALONE can I?" She shook her head, "Hey look, lets just wear this guys cloak, find another poor plothole to fit number three, and we can stroll out of here-

"This time was just lucky, I doubt we would actually be able to leave without some checkup, it would be best we not attempt so." I put a hoof to the stallions cloak, "First lets see what we're dealing with." I then took off the fabric covering his face... and grit my teeth.

"What... the buck..." Vinyl utters as we look at his face.

On it, carved into his very skin, is a picture of the moon, painstakingly in detail, what it looked like before Nightmare Moon had escaped. It was obviously not a professional or likely painless process, it was a scar, not a marking.

"... Well buck, cultists, moon cultists actually, and I thought all those movies were a bunch of horseshit." Vinyl shook her head at this, "Tavi always said 'nothing in movies is real' but HAH! Shows what she knows."

"Trixie doesn't know what moon cultists are..." The magician nervously states as she glances back and forth to the pony on the floor.

"From what I know, they are just on Nightmare Moon's side of 'eternal night' and all of that, and that's that tame stuff, you don't even want to know the REALLY messed up situation we could be in if this turns out like 'The Foul's of the Moon', we're lucky there's no corn fields around..."

While they panicked over that, I was looking at a rather worse threat, my eyes were in a higher dimension, the thread that ran down the base of his skull and came out somewhere through a wall was concerning. It was the fact that his entire visage was dark, and I mean dark as in a void of shadows, like the space he occupied made light not exist that made this a problem.

And entity has likely affected them, and in fact is influencing them.

"We must not dawdle, with one of them gone they will likely send others here to check on him, put him into one of the cells and hope they fail at roll call as well." I stared at them as silence reigned for a few seconds.

"... Did you seriously say 'dawdle'?" Vinyl asks, and I slap my face soundly.


These will only stay in your dimension for 24 hours and all i ask in return is a written down copy of one of your spells, charms or potions for each time you use one of them (just place them with objects left over that i sent and they should be taken along for the ride once the 24 hours are up).

I should be out of here before then, so good.

Good Luck

Professor Killjoy

P.S. If your ever in trouble and you are not able to get a hold of me just tell Scootaloo to tell her father that your the friend of Professor Killjoy that I told him about and Cthulu should be able to get a hold of me (and there is no need to fear her at all since she really isn't all that different from other fillies her age...well except for being a magnet for trouble and immunity to insanity or any form of mental manipulation aka mind control.)

... I am never going to be able to forget the fact a being of utter destruction of life as we know it lives and breaths inside my realm will I? Not with you always reminding me.

"So... you knew me from Ponyville?" Vinyl asked as we walked down the corridors.

"Yes, I saw you walk down the street on one occasion."

"I don't really remember you all that much, moved in recently?"

"A month or so, yes."

Silence held up for a second...

"How'd you get to keep your stuff anyway?"

"I only had a few harmless ingredients, but that shouldn't have excused them from taking everything, to be honest they should have had more thought about this whole situation."

"What? You actually want these dudes to do better?"

"No, I just wish they could be better so I am not embarrassed by the fact I was caught by them."

"Alright... so how about the moon cult thing, you seem to be taking this well."

"I assure you, I am trembling inside like a frightened filly."

She snorted in good humor, "That's bullshit and you know it... geeze, nothing fazes you? Like, at all?"

"... Pink-

"Celestia her freaking self would say the same thing, don't try it." She grinned widely and glanced over at Trixie, "I was just going over to a club to set up my equipment for a gig, and these guys just came up to me like that, knocked my out, woke up here, how about you guys?"

"... Trixie may have, stumbled across them and their hideout, they didn't appreciate Trixie's presence so they locked her up. They were lucky of course! If Trixie hadn't been taking it easy on them, they would have been terribly sorry for meeting me."

"They kicked in my door, and took me from my home." I answered shortly, "I mean, Applejack did it as well, but they could have at least did something that didn't involve me fixing that door when I came back."

"Applejack? You mean, wait are you saying that Applejack, nicest farmer of Ponyville actually kicked down your door?" Vinyl asks incredulously, a smile adorning her face once again, only this time with a cheeky gleam to it.

"She wasn't having the best day... and I paid her back by knocking her out when she was becoming unreasonable during Apple Buck Season." I answered shortly.

"Man, when did boring Ponyville get so crazy?" She asked as we came up to another bend, "Derpy and the flower sisters are the biggest collection of drama and excitement we've had in a long time, now we've got moon goddesses, Ursa Minors, dragons, and this was all in a month!" She looked at me, with a slight arch in her brow, "You sure you didn't do something? Because you kind of moved in a month ago as well."

I opened my mouth to snap something back, and then stopped, shutting my mouth and thinking on that thought.

"... Uh... well."

"*snrk* You can't even answer that yourself?" She actually raised a very legitimate point, Nightmare Moon attacking happened nearly the same time I moved into Ponyville, and trouble has been happening ever since.

-Voidwalker-

Oh great, what do you want?

I'm very unimpressed by your "rage" if I can call it that...But, I don't care either way. It is not in the now.

Hmm, it wasn't meant to impress, it was the must subtle way I could give anyone a indication I want them to buck off.

Those...ehh...Guards? certainly are very incompetent...The Inquisition soldiers whose souls I just ripped apart are a lot more competent...Like comparing a newborn foal to a professional Master Assassin from The Order...

A story behind that likely, and these are poor guards, in any standards present.

How can you prepare for something like that and that soon you said? Well, I've seen and done so myself...A lot of blood had flown that day...*cackle*

Hmm, thrilling, are you going to talk about 'the good old days' and lean back in your armchair with a vacant and senile expression

*BONK* Ow. "No, you are not allowed to cackle! Cackle is a very worrying sign among magic users. Instead, you should smile. Like this!"

"Hmm, Trixie things that Scry Fortune is finally getting scared of this place, look at that fearful expression in her eyes."

"Hey, you alright boss lady? You kind of look like you saw a ghost or something."

"It is nothing... just a sudden draft."

"... You're wearing a-

"I have a furless back."

"Oooookay, dropping conversation." Vinyl replied quickly, and looked forward without another word.

A song suddenly came up, which I focused not to react to, as the voice of Pinkie Pie appeared again, this time singing the song.

It personified her element certainly, talking about how she liked to make everyone happy, in the end it had several other voices joining in happily with a rising speed and tone to the entire piece. Eventually it ended and it left me eternally sighing, I wondered if any good would come out of Voidwalker's posts with this kind of thing happening.

"Got that, mister! Yes, dear. "Now return to your thingy, honey!"

... What?

Ehem...Eh, lots of things happened...Alrighty then...Where was I?

... Please, just... go on, I don't care anymore.

Out of all of the insane, crazy things that have happened lately, this is one of the-

I then was interrupted from my thoughts when a door opened from up ahead, a trio of guards popped out of it.

"And so, there were these crows pecking at my eyes, bunnies nibbling at my hoofs, and I think I heard a moon damned bear coming around the door! I quickly grabbed her and teleported back, needed a bloody break after that hogwash.

"That ain't nothing, you should have seen the unicorn I brought in, she kicked so much dirt into my face it took an hour to wash it out afterwards."

"You think you two had it tough? I needed to catch an Earth pony, and they could kick HARD like a damn..."

He trailed off as all three of them locked onto us, for several seconds, we simply stared at one another. My tail then whipped around and threw a Instant Fog Grog to the floor, the entire passage was now filled with an impenetrable thick mist, limiting all sight.

"Quickly, aim all your attacks forward, no prejudice." I whispered to the two mares, I heard a couple of near silent affirmatives from the both of them, and then the yelps of surprise shouted from the side as flashes of ruby and purple flew above my head, I was crouched low to the floor and moved ahead with an average speed towards the three ponies.

Since it seem many things will happen during the times to come. I will give you this little combat knife...That have been made to adapt to your anatomy.

Convenient.

It is a standard magical blade. Very hard to break but when it does break, it regenerate itself. Take about 10 seconds to regenerate the entire thing. Never dull, the sharpness is as sharp as a knife can get and since it is magical, there are things like cutting and damaging immaterial things like ghost, specter...etc.... Silly things like sharp enough to cut an Atom in half are in fantasy or in some very weird worlds where lady physic isn't all there.

The blade had a picture, and I tried to skip to the part where to use it...

It can be summoned at will and when you don't need it anymore it will disappear. I have already bonded it to your soul. So, it should be there, you simply need to will it. It will be useful to cut ropes and stuff, while in combat, I think you should stick to what you were doing...It is a knife created for combat but it is only a last resort in many cases.

I managed to pick up the general idea from reading that line quickly, the image of a blade already in my mind, it appeared, it was strapped around my hoof securely, but I wasn't interesting in the blade, I wasn't planning to use it the lethal way.

I opened my eyes to the next dimension, the struggling figures of the three stumbled over each other, I lifted my weapon above their heads and brought the blunt handle down on their heads. I thud and one went down cold. The two were alerted to my close proximity however and tired to rush me blindly, I dived to the other side of them as they crashed against the wall together, comically they mistook themselves as enemies and gave each other a powerful punch into each others head.

One was knocked unconscious, the other was winded, my mist cloud had then chosen at that moment to clear up, revealing the scene to the world, I quickly willed the blade away before anyone could see it.

I looked down on the stallion, who spat out blood on the floor from his recent scuffle, I offered assistance in his companions intentions my kicking him into the wall.

"GAR!" He screamed out as he collided with the wall again, his front legs bruising likely from the impact.

"Alright... so here is how it's going to work, you are going to tell me the exit of this place. Next, you are going to tell me the location of the other mares you stole. And finally, your going to lie there and think about what you have done, and you might keep your teeth if you corporate now."

"You better listen dude, my mare is serious and shit." Vinyl commented as she walked up to us, "Just before we came here, she flattened a guy twice your size in half the time."

"Trixie heard a lot of pleading 'not the face' while it was happening." Trixie interjected.

While I appreciated the backup, they were laying it on rather thick. And seriously, 'my mare'?

"Ah- Ah noh afrai' oh yo'!" The man shouted, his nose was apparently broken.

"Too bad, time to do my job as the anti-dentist." I comment with a monotone, drawing back my hoof.

"WAI WAI! Ah kno' wey they ahh! They at da' cera-mon-ee! Froo da door!" He cringed terribly at my stance as he pointed meekly, I didn't relax my position.

"And the exit?"

"I don' kno! O-nee high rank me-ba's can kno the way out!" The minion shivered terribly, I meanwhile looked at him closely.

"Good boy." At that, my hoof shot forward, and knocked him hard against the wall, he slumped down a second later.

"Dude, remind me to not get on your bad side." Vinyl says as I walk up to the door the stallion had pointed out, "Seriously, like, stone cold."

"Trixie could have handled it better." The arrogant unicorn sniffed, "She would have used her skills of persuasion to nudge the truth out of him."

"Quiet... we have a lot ahead of us for the way up ahead." I silenced them both, and turned to the cell.

Or to simply look cool while you massacre your enemies with a tiny knife while they use big and advanced weapons...Hehehehehehe *BONK* Ow, again. Pink, why?

It goes to show that words of caution only last so long as I take read between paragraphs... And for the first time, I am actually thankful for Pinkie as of the moment.

"Good. No need to thanks me. Oh, hello Scry-ny! Say hello to other me for me!"

I... I don't know how that conversation will go exactly...

That girl...Why did I marry her?

Why, what, or how never turns out well around her, personal experience speaking.

Oh, right. To keep me from losing all my feelings and love of life in general in my immortal life.

... I would expect immortality would make you care for life more, seeing it as fragile and short. I suppose it is different for most cases.

Well, that's it for today. Good luck.

"So... everyone ready?" I asked as we gathered around the door.

"Yeah... but who is a 'everyone'?"

I cringed slightly, but breathed out.

"It's a more general term used outside of Equestria, since not many ponies live out there."

"Hm, alright, ready as I'll ever be." She shook her shoulders out and bunched up her muscles, slight nervousness in her stance

"The Great and Powerful Trixie shall show these impudent ponies what happens when they try to imprison her!" Her horn charged up in preparation, already a number of spells likely in mind.

Well would you look at that.
It looks like might not need to use a favor, but just in case I will leave the potion part deal from the last time, if you want a potion just say "prophet I request" and then add what every potion you want from the previous list and it will only cost a single favor. I don't know if you'll need it but it it will be there just in case. I will also send smokey to you once you completely out of danger to let you know your safe from your captor and not being pursued. I will also send you a riddle once you and the other are safe and had some rest.
your sincerely Prophet

Good to know... that is enough messages, I need to focus on the upcoming fight.

With that, I open the door... into another corridor.

"... Did that guy lie to us?" Vinyl asks in slight disappointment.

"No, this is just a preparation room, it's simply up ahead." I then walked forward, now mindful of a slow and subtle tune that came from Voidwalker's essence, it was rather catchy, and also unnerving at the same time.

We piled up on the door again, this time we could hear chants and voices from the other side clearly.

There were no other words, we simply charged into the room with a determination in our minds, to break free from our captors.

And they were going to realize, you should not leave a witch, to her craft...

The only thing I worry about, is the dark drop in the atmosphere, the cold and encompassing feeling that fell upon me.

And also the twelve foot tall creature that only was seen by me, his body black as the very void.

And looking straight at me.

Author's Note:

Alright! Lots of stuff to work through, I think eventually there is going to be SO many comments I will have to leave some out, or leave them till later, i will make sure to tell you when something like that is considered, but you know, can't very well write a big story if I stop the chapter for comments all the time.

See you! And CLIFFHANGER!