• Published 22nd Jan 2015
  • 730 Views, 140 Comments

My Little Witch - PoisonJoker09



As a new pony settles into the life of Ponyville, we have a peek into her strange life and activities, as she observes and causes some of the problems that happen in the area.

  • ...
2
 140
 730

ScryTime! - SOUPMAKER!

It was a quiet forest... when suddenly, a bouncing pink pony came out from the bushes, in a old fashioned dress that was ripping a little to allow full, unfettered movement of her legs, she had a large grin on her face as she followed along a trail of strange blue flowers beckoning to her. As she followed, they disappeared one by one, only to have a number more appear ahead, leading her to a place unknown.

But she didn't care for how the setting seemed incredibly mysterious, she simply followed along like it was a game, her smile as unmovable as her bouncy pick curly hair.

Eventually, she ran out of flowers to follow, she curiously looked around, and found a curious sight. A house, overridden in moss and weeds, stood out clearly from the forest, the pink pony shrugged and bounced towards it.

She stood outside, looking over the long strands of blood red grass that grew out of the shrubs, before opening the door without knocking.

She looked around, all around the small room it had several ingredients, implements and other things that set up a very cook like look to it.

"Hello." Behind a counter, slumped and looking disinterested, was a brown pony with a messy mane of blue, green, grey and white hair, wearing a dark scratchy looking cloak, she regarded the pink one with nothing but a stare, "Welcome to 'Soup's of the Wood's', where we use all natural ingredients to ensure you have a meal that lasts throughout the day."

"Hi~" the pink one said, skipping towards the mare, her continuous bouncing as well as slightly breaking physics made the other mare tilt her head in slight confusion, before she merely shook her head and sighed.

"So what do you got~?"

"We have tomato, potato, lettuce, carrot-

"Nonono, I mean the REALLY exotic ones please!"

The mare gave a her a look, "Very well, we have local delicacies, and we have some special stock sometimes shipped in."

She walked out from behind her counter and brushed a hoof over a large purple carrot, "For instance this is 'Figglewort', a special delicacy found in a far off land, even a small part of it can become the whole flavor for the soup, thick and salty with a large undertone of beetroot and salt."

"Hmm... hey? What were those funny flowers outside?"

"No idea." The mare cuts off quickly, suddenly turning to a another part of the shop, "You see these long reed like ones? They are called 'Gillug', and make an excellent side dish to most other dishes, it has a nice tang to it that can have a degree of uniqueness, especially combined with some craaaaaaa-crackers, yes, crackers, not crab at all."

"You sure you don't know? Because they were all floaty and 'please come our way' and then they danced a little, and they lead me right here-

"Never heard of them." She swiftly abandoned mixing a bowl and went to the other side, "Now this is a special brew here, it has a nice healthy property to it, I assure you, gets rid of any, possible, diseases your possible relatives have... do you have any deathly ill people you want to take this to? Preferably now and leaving me alone?"

"Nope-erione."

"...Great..."

The pink pony looked at the pot, that was still stirring despite the ladle being left alone, "Hey look, it's a ghost pony!"

A quick stomp on the floor from the brown mare's hoof, and the ladle ceased.

"No, that was just the wind, just the wind, now, how about over here, this stew here is a rel conversation piece, you can reconnect with a friend, or lover, practically all old bonds and heartbreaks can be fixed... and it's half off, why not take it and leave?"

The pink pony then found herself looking at a black colored reptile.

"Oooo~ Who's this?"

"...That's stuffed."

The lizard hissed at her pointedly.

"Well don't deny it! How many times have I seen you sampling the stock?!"

"Oh, My, Celestia, your a Witch~!"

"No I'm not, I'm a soup maker." The brown pony said, quickly stirring at a number of pots as they fizzed away.

"That's it! I knew they were leading me somewhere important!"

"Sooooup maker!" The mare tried to remind her, this time cutting up several objects at a rapid pace, putting them into the pot beside her.

"Thank you wispy things! I finally found the answer to my problems!"

"SOUP, MAKER!" The mare near growled this time, the flames burst out all of a sudden from the cauldron she was minding.

"Well, you see, just a while ago, my mom was stopping me from having parties everyday, so I was really sad, and we had a little bit of a fight and-

"STOP!"

The pink mare stopped at the shout, and looked expectantly at the mare, breathing rather heavily.

"I am not a Witch, not anymore... too many unsatisfied customers trying to kill me afterwards." She grumbled as she set down a ladle she was carrying, "Now... if you aren't here to buy anything..." She stomped her hoof once again, causing an array of forks, spoons and knifes to collect around and aim at the pink pony, "Get OUT!"

The pink pony gulped and backed up a little as the mare walked forwards, the door opened on it's own accord as she pony was being pushed out of it.

"W-wait, the little flowers told me to come here!"

"I don't CARE, those damn things have always been infesting this place! Just get out of here or I'll-

"I'LL BUY EVERYTHING!"

The brown pony stopped dead, freezing her advancement in place, "What?"

"I'll buy everything, all your stock."

The assortment of cluttered cutlery... stayed in place, as the Witch gave her a look.

"...What?"

"Oh, I just suspected they would turn on you?"

"What kind of Witch allows her enchantments to turn against her?"

"AhHA! So you are a Witch!"

Said Witch slapped a hoof to her face.

"...Well, how are you planning to PAY for all that then?"

"Uh... with this!" The pink mare suddenly pulled out a slice of pie.

"...And... what is that meant to mean?"

The mare than quickly stuffed the pie into the mares mouth, she tried to struggled but...

"...Appplllleeesss..." She then quickly started chewing into it, before swallowing it entirely.

"...We could work out a deal."

Another facepalm happened, only this time from the lizard behind her.

The pair were the oddest business partners... but eventually, they became the weirdest lovers as well.

Author's Note:

Alright, with the LONG wait, I decided to get back into this.

BUT, please don't give me so much shit to add to the thing, it gets tedious...

So, enjoy this little funny piece, since I liked the scene so much, and it fit the characters so well.

Await the next chapter, coming soon.