• Published 22nd Jan 2015
  • 729 Views, 140 Comments

My Little Witch - PoisonJoker09



As a new pony settles into the life of Ponyville, we have a peek into her strange life and activities, as she observes and causes some of the problems that happen in the area.

  • ...
2
 140
 729

A Bad Week

I sighed as I looked over the rest of the herd of Cows that were loitering around in front of Ponyville, I managed to escape without serious injury when they ran past, but I was surprised to see them sitting around outside of the town like this. I managed to ask around them and found that Applejack had diverted the entire herd from accidentally hurting anypony from town.

With my curiosity satisfied, I made my way back home.

I noted a crowd of the ponies in town talking about something, but filed it away for another time.


I awoke to hear a knocking din at my door, I managed to catch a tail end to a rhythmic set of knocks through the woodwork... and it started up again in another short skip of beats and I was already fully aware who was likely outside the door.

I picked myself up from bed and made my way to the infernal noise and opened it before it could continue anymore.

"Hey Scry-Scry!" Pinkie smiled happily, "Watch'cha doooooing?"

"... Sleeping."

"Then why are you talking to me silly? OH WAIT! Does that mean your sleeping walking and talking? Wow that is so great, what is it like too sleep walk and talk at the same time? Is it like sleep walking, or like sleeping talking, or is like a mesh of both and-

"I just woke up Pinkie... why are you here?"

"Oh right, you see, there is this celebration and the town is awarding Applejack a reward for her help with the stampede the other day and-

"Not interested."

"Ahhhh, come on Scry-Scry, there will lots of apple related desserts~"

"Don't assume that I will jump into a situation because of tempting treats," I cut her off quickly, "I may have managed to make peace with Applejack just yesterday Pinkie, but that doesn't mean I have to take time out of my day to go to a ceremony she is attending, I'm sure a number of other ponies have better things to do at the moment than watch someone else get a medal."

"Och don't be silly Scry-Scry... She is getting a trophy!"

Apply hoof to forehead, and tussle own mane in exasperation, "You're not getting it Pinkie, I don't-

Well well well what do we have here?

hmmmm….

You are an interesting little creature now aren't you?

I breathed in... and out.

"Pinkie, I have a lot of work to be doing right now, testing out recipes, perhaps opening a stall for my soup business as well. I don't need to come down for every party, celebration or circus show that comes into town."

Then, an impossible thing happened that made me blink, the edges of her smile... fell.

Actually, her mouth was now in a thin straight line, it only happen for a second before they lifted back up but it was certainly a smile again... only, it looked more awkward.

"Alright then... maybe next time?"

"Uh... perhaps." I safely state, she stood outside the door for a few seconds.

"So... is that all?"

"Yup! I'll just see you after the party Scry-Scry, have a good time... alone..." She then bounced off, and I was left feeling... kind of strange.

Actually, I think I felt rather worried.


Was this pony so strange that when she finally had a normal expression it made me uneasy? It doesn't make sense that it would bother me so much. As if I poked a Ursa Major in it's side while it was taking a nap. I was currently flipping through my book full of different brews for a new thing I could possibly make.

I distracted myself with the rest of the message that had appeared when Pinkie had appeared.

Well you want some help so I give you this little tidbit for free be careful when you look into the eyes of one of your new acquaintances particularly if they’re angry.

If you want to know which one please answer this simple question.

What can not happen without laughter?

Any future help will require you to answer some form of riddle. I do like my riddles.

Yours sincerely Prophet.

P.S I will be extremely annoyed if you get any help from those of us from the beyond to answer my riddles.

Hmm, well, he was certainly a little different from the normal ones I had received, and more annoying as well.

Riddles, 'what can not happen without laughter', you are aware that I know what their elements are correct? This is a reference to Pinkie.

So perhaps Pinkie Pie... but I suppose I'll answer your little thing to keep you entertained. There are many perspectives to it however so it might be 'celebration', or it might be 'joy and happiness' among idealistic ponies. For me, it doesn't matter much if laughter is gone or not, the only thing that wouldn't happen because of it is noise and interrupted peace of mind.

Also... he gave a name, or title, not exactly sure what, it certainly helps towards distinguishing him from the masses.

Prophet however... again, I dislike Seer's, always thinking they should give their information to others despite it likely being false, or if genuine, know fine well what they say will not change anything in the slightest.

Or maybe they are telling me things in order to get some entertainment from my efforts, either way it is all rather strange.


KzzzKSZZZ!

I looked up as a sudden flash of thunder sounded out... and a line of black clods formed out of nowhere.

There wasn't any scheduled rain days-

And then suddenly, I was covered in water, rain trenching my mane.

I knew it was a bad day to keep my hood down.


"Oh, hello Scry, it's nice that you paid... uh, why is your mane wet?"

"I think it had something to do with the reports of Rainbow Dash soaring through the sky haphazardly, hitting several clouds on the way with her pegasus magic in confusion, and finally making them turn into rampant storm clouds that covered half of the town in hail, rain and snow. Now whenever this is a prank or just gossip, I would like to know, as well as the location of Rainbow if the former proves true."

"... Yeah, that might have something to do with it."


I walked through town and this time, with my hood over my head, Applejack had apparently been the cause of Rainbow's accident, something was in error with the planning or setup of her new stunt. I still remembered being drenched so I was being cautious this time.

I decided that in order to learn all I can about the elements, that it is best I would observe Pinkie for closely with my aura sensing abilities. Hopefully it would reveal something about her connection with the elements.

I opened the door to Sugarcube corner, and observed a crowd of ponies taking up the space inside it.

I breathed a sigh and took my place in line, it wasn't until I was second in line did I realize I didn't know what exactly to say to her.

"Oh! Scry-Scry! Your here?" She smiled at my presence as the pony in front of line walked away with a muffin of some sort, Pinkie herself was munching on one, and likely it wasn't the first one she was sampling.

"Yes... I thought I would... um... apologize for not coming to Applejack's ceremony." I suppose an apology would be the best way to start, "And I thought I would make it up to you and... have a walk around town?"

If it was possible, her grin grew wider, "Okie-Doki-Loki! Just let me- no wait a second," She took a deep breath and stood up, "Hey Everypony! Consider the rest on the house! I'll pay this out of my own pocket, consider the rest of these goodies ON THE HOUSE!"

A widespread cheer sounded through the store, and the pink mare zipper around the counter to my side.

"So? Lets go!" She then bounced forward towards the door, I followed behind, dodging a crowd of ponies as they hurried to the free treats.


"So... you are saying that your Element only attaches to those who have the strongest affinity for it."

"Yup! I mean, I'm Laughter and I love making parties, Applejack is Honesty and she never told a lie, Rainbow is Loy-

"I get it Pinkie... so I suppose they were destined to be your elements?"

"I guess so, I mean, it's pretty funny that six ponies with the same attributes managed to go on a trip to the Everfree and perfectly match said elements and become friends along the way but, eh, convenience is what helps the plot move along."

"... Is that some expression I don't know?"

"Eh, I don't know." I stopped, and stared at the mare, there was clearly something wrong, she had stopped bouncing a few minutes ago, and was now concealing a frown on her face, her smile was a little strained.

"Pinkie... are you really that bothered I didn't participate in the award ceremony?"

"What do you mean silly-filly?" She turned to me, still having that strange look on her face.

"I mean it Pinkie, look, you seem to take an interest in my well-being but, you don't have to be so hung on the idea I need to mingle, it's just something you have to accept."

"Uh hu..."

"That's not to say I don't appreciate the thought but the fact is that sometimes I would rather slip between the cracks as it is."

"Uuuu... huuuu..."

"Now, I would like you to stop, well, not being you and tell me what is upsetting you because, this tension has become bothersome and... what is wrong with you?" I asked this directly upon looking on Pinkie's face, which was now clenched in illness.

"Scry-Scr-URRRG!" She lurched, "I don't feel so-BLERG!"

And that is when my hooves were covered in vomit.


"Now, I know what your thinking but-

"She ate something bad didn't she?"

"... hospital room full of patients?"

"Yes, lucky you, another excuse to prove your innocence."

"I'm having a bad week."


"..."

"..."

"... So... you want to talk about it?"

"No."

"Ah... because it isn't embarrassing it really isn't, I mean ponies all around town were put on the spot when they came along."

"Twilight."

"Y-yes."

"Where is Applejack at the moment? Because I would like to give a try at, convincing her."


I walked away, satisfied up the lane, the apple orchards I passed were empty on the left, but not on the right. I breathed a sign as I made my way back home.

I caught sight on a familiar figure.

"Ah, Big Macintosh."

"Ee'yup." He nodded towards me, I took note of his condition, bandages around his torso and looked back at him.

"Are you better?"

"Ee'yup."

"So... your likely going up that hill to confront Applejack."

"Ee'yup, abou' time that filly see what trouble she done been causin' around town." He nodded in concealed determination.

"Ah... well it's best you let her sleep first, when she is in better shape."

"... Why?"

"She fell asleep, suffice to say, there is this special herb soup that causes somebody to become drowsy, and perhaps make them sleep for around twelve to ten hours. I guess she must have been really tired."

"... Ee'yup." A small smile, nearly unnoticeable crossed his features.

"I suppose I can count on you getting her to bed."

"Ee'yup."

"Also... you wouldn't mind I got you something, as a get well gift."

"Nnope."

"Very well, good meeting you again Macintosh."

"Ee'yup."

We then went our separate ways, and I got a decent nights sleep.