• Published 22nd Jan 2015
  • 730 Views, 140 Comments

My Little Witch - PoisonJoker09



As a new pony settles into the life of Ponyville, we have a peek into her strange life and activities, as she observes and causes some of the problems that happen in the area.

  • ...
2
 140
 730

A Day Of Peace Part 1/3

I do wish to voice one bit of concern I have.
Knowledge of future events can be a dangerous thing. One could learn of events yet to come, and feel the need to intervene. Such efforts can be disastrous if mishandled. Take that earlier tip about Zecora, for example. The ponies of this town fear her.
They fear her because some believe her to be what you are. Granted, those fears are unfounded, but it will result in an incident none the less. At the very least, it will be resolved quickly, and everyone involved will be much better off, but I would recommend avoiding tossing out any brews while the ponies are on a Witch hunt. I tell you this because our method of viewing events in your future is not perfect.
We can only see Twilight, her friends, and those closely related to them. We can not, however, see you when we look to the future. I cannot say whether or not this means your presence has any importance, but what it does mean is that you have the ability to change events that we can not see.
In any case I'll stick to the background for the most part. You should only expect to hear from me if somentity else tells you something of what's yet to come, and yet forgets the important details.
Until then,
Machina.

Hmm, and so another enters the list.

I appreciate the input... so to see a future where I am not part of the equation.

Not that is definitely the kind of fortune telling that I can accept, one where they don't see down a single river, but accept their are likely divides between them all. Maybe its because I had been the one to link with this brew? I makes me different from any other pony in the timeline.

Perhaps your methods of seeing the future erased me from the equation altogether... However, the very strange location it builds upon is strange. Of course the Elements are a strong force to be fought, but they appeared after I had cast the brew, so why exactly is it latched to their timeline?

Now, the downside to this is that since you only see the unaltered future, if I were to for example, walk up to a pony and knocked them unconscious, whatever their part is in an event you foresee would be gone, thus making any information you say limited at best.

I'll tread carefully then.

Now this Zecora, the sentence you saying is worrying, 'like me' you say, what? Is she like a Witch because we have similar magical creations? A monster because of the alien mannerisms and belonging we come from? That is a hard to determine sentence.

And Machina... machine perhaps? Sounds like an old dialect, thank you for your help, it seems more and more messages are helping me understand this better.

On one side note, difference in language is the 'anyone' and 'somentity', obviously a difference to 'anypony' and 'everypony', makes me wonder how it is possible you speak the same language, but still it is interesting to point these small details out. It actually does seem like an address that would better fit the numerous sentient species in the world however, more general than 'pony' when I think about it...

Anyway, right now I was simply relaxing in my house... and waiting for something to happen.

With the number of things that have indeed happened in the brief period I've been here, I have managed to theorize that this play must be inflicted by some form of chaotic magic, for a corrupt moon goddess, an Ursa Major and Pinkie to bother me in the short span of days I've been here, it seems rather strange that I would actually be having a... quiet day.

I admit, I might be exaggerating, there were more days that paced without incident, but after the Ursa Major I was sure that there was something wrong with this place.

Excellent my dear I’m glad you have accepted my offer, but first here is the riddle you requested.

Hmm? Prophet again, very well.

The one who makes it sells it.
The one who buys it doesn't use it.
The one who's using it doesn't know he's using it.
What is it?

Huh... this is trickier.

What does one make but sell the product every time? Likely the production of a number of items, so that doesn't narrow it down. But who would buy one but never use it? Maybe a decorative sword? The last one however doesn't make sense, who doesn't realize they use something day to day...

Hmm, I'm looking at this wrong, if I remember the first riddle correctly, it was rather darkly themed for a pony. Of course he is an entity, it would be strange if he was just like one. So maybe I need to think of this in a morbid view, because the only way one cannot realize they are using something is in death.

Now, what is involved for the dead? Candles, friends and family, a religious book if it fits the situation.
All of these can be gained from somewhere, but the dead isn't using any of them, so closer to the body, funeral clothing that they are put inside, flowers for the departed... the casket...

Hmm, seems like I've solved this one.

I took up a note and wrote down my answer #1: Casket, and to keep my options open, another one was 2#: Coffin.

I spoke aloud each answer I had written and threw them into the fire, I started reading the rest of the message.

As for the trade I will need to send you something to make sure that our packages can be sent safely. I’m sure you are quite aware of how fragile or dangerous some ingredient can be when handled incorrectly.
So my dear I have two options for you. I can send you a chest that will be able to send the packages back and forth but will be too heavy to carry around so it will need to be stored somewhere safe were others can’t get to it by accident.
The other option is for me to send you a familiar of mine which could travel around with you. It would require you to take care of it but when you use one of the favors that you have earned I will be able to help in a greater capacity. It would also be a lot smaller than the chest about the size of a small cat.

Hmm... I'm faced with a dilemma.

It is rather worrying that the entities observing me could affect so much in my world, yet again, entities effect so much in the world as it is, Celestia moves the sun it I recall correctly.

The problem here is, an unwieldy chest that makes be stuck to one place, or a animal that will likely cause me bother...

I weighed each option, ingredients this rare, from across the divide would be a once in the lifetime gift, I could make new potions never conceived within my family, so I would want something more convenient to be with me on my travels...

I sighed and wrote up another letter, I turned to the fireplace and read from it.

"Dear Prophet, I wish for the familiar option, I would also like to be notified what exactly the animal is for it's needs to be met... and can it be one that flies? For whenever we become separated I need assurances it will find me easily."

Another round of burning and the message was sent. I continued reading the res of his message.

Once you have decided on which option you want please contact me by our usual method. I will send it to your house with a list of the ingredients/items I am looking for and what I willing to trade for them. The list will be dived into three categories based by their value and will update itself when I require new items or no longer need a certain ingredients/items. I will explain more on how to select the ingredients you want to trade for when you have made your decision.

Hmm, so then I shall wait for it to arrive then.

Yours sincerely Prophet
P.S Riddles will still be required to be answer in the same manner.

With that finished, I stretched my limbs outwards, the day was very peaceful, no knocks on my door from other ponies, no disasters from what my aura feels.

If anything is happening, it is small enough that it doesn't involve me.

Purrr I do believe I have found a new mouse to watch. Some warning be wary of the "Prophet" I have a feeling he seeks to use you. Good idea with Pinkie Pie but take note dear Twilight once her curiosity takes hold on something or pony she doesn't give up until she finds what she seeks.
The Cheshire Cat
p.s. I'm always watching the events you live as they happen.

... And another worry becomes present, I've been trying to ignore the possibility myself.

Twilight I think would try too respect my privacy, but eventually all of these little things will add up and I will have to be on my guard.

And also another entity makes himself know, The Cheshire Cat, no doubt that isn't just a fancy name for the situation at hoof, I am rather glad we are separated by barriers of reality, it would be rather worrisome if I were to meet some... one, who refers to themselves as a cat and me as a mouse.

I settled into my familiar place in front of the cauldron, not making anything. The thing is that being here at my workplace is an enjoyable pass time, almost sentimental even if I only have lived here for about a month. I looked into the depths of the cast iron pot, images of swirling liquid colors, strange smelling gasses filled my head.

It was a place I was truly comfortable.

Author's Note:

Decided on a bit of a lazy day, no events happening for about 2 to 3 chapters, just so anypony can ask a question or two, maybe a little advice.

I already have some great contributions story wise, so yeah, awesome.