• Published 22nd Jan 2015
  • 725 Views, 140 Comments

My Little Witch - PoisonJoker09



As a new pony settles into the life of Ponyville, we have a peek into her strange life and activities, as she observes and causes some of the problems that happen in the area.

  • ...
2
 140
 725

Scry, The Ponyville Soup-Maker?

Scry, The Ponyville Soup-Maker?

I was within a collective of color, sounds brushed over me lightly as I walked across the green glen.
It was peaceful... quiet... secluded...
And also, not real.

Complete control over the subconsciousness of one mind is imperative for a witch, or anyone who walks the way of the subtle forces of the world. Being so intertwined to that great world can have some negative effects on dreams after all. Any seer worth their salt would not restrict their mind so, for vagueness and mystery are the only ways for predictions of the future to truly go back in the river of time.

Seer's... I always found telling the future a waste of time, of course, this is ironic on account of my name, most ponies seem to fall into their lives as their names dictate, however I have never been like that.

Fortune telling was unreliable, any sort of prediction from the future was shaky and unsure, and half the time you could translate random gibberish from your sixth sense if turns out you were following a certain path by simply making preparations in the worst possible outcome.

I found that out several times in my life, things seemed to fall into place whenever I tried so hard to change them.

So I eventually grew to dislike ever resorting to such things.

However... the Viewing Brew as I've come to call it is a little more reliable, it hasn't spoken so much over the course of a few days I've had it, but when one message warned me of Pinkie Pie, it was clear how this charm could be useful in the near future.

It is higher beings that have no rhyme nor reason, surely the timeline is their's to shape like putty, why not toy with a mortal and tell her of the fates that await her?

I came to a tree, it was tall, and the only one for miles around, the sky was never there, the tree's leaves were replacing the blue sky with rich green.

I preferred this type of serene setting, no troubles or surprises.

I settled against the tree and look at the shifting leaves in the breeze, I was the only living being in this vast green wasteland. No birds could be heard tweeting among the branches.

It was a long wait, but dreams had a funny thing about them, they always seemed to be longer or shorter than they actually were, I thought I had spent a year travelling in one direction out of curiosity, but I awoke in a few hours in reality.

I suppose some things in dreams can not be controlled.
I slump on the nonexistent bark and closed my eyes, it was time-


-To wake up.

I lay there, eyes closed as my ears were the first to hear the slight breeze coming through the window, my fur prickling from the slight chill.

I should have closed that window...

I then opened my eyes, I was greeted with the musty walls of my room, smudges of dirt clearly present, and as well as a pair of hoof-prints clearly shown side by side imprinted into the wall.

No points guessing how THAT happened.

I placed a hoof on the ground and simply let it sit there for a second, testing and putting pressure on it to make sure I didn't slump on the floor, eventually I was on all fours and sleepily stretched my head and tail far away from each other.

It was a new day... and I wanted to go back to sleep already.

I thought back to Applejack a few days ago, losing my temper was not a good thing. The orange farmer might keep quiet about me, yet again, she is the Element of Honesty, I doubt very much she would keep our conversation between us if anypony was to ask...

I suppose I'll have to avoid her for now, shame, her apples were quite delicious.

I walked into the Brewing room and looked on at the empty tables, I wished to start on something to clear up my head, but now I will have to go through the bother of finding the right ones in the cellar below.

A Nutrition gel should be able to help me get by for a few days, however, I used up the last of the Slime membrane in order to make the base, so it will be a problem unless I can synthesize another... I suppose with the right ingredients I could make a substantial substitute, I would need some jelly, Jerkin leaves, Belladonna blossoms and finally a cup of salt water.

It could work... But again, I was having trouble with the recent familiarity the citizens were giving me, getting some salt water should be simple enough however...

Perhaps a lake is nearby that has such a commodity.

I rummage in my bags for a second, and pull had a bottle for the the said bag.

But now... the jelly.

I have to go into town... hopefully their is a market stall that has it and I could just leave.

By Elysium and Tautarus, please let me have enough luck not to run into that crazy pink airhead.


As I entered town, I found that the town was rather relaxed despite the events of the night before. Everything was at peace and everypony was going about normally. There was a lack of activity compared to the last time I came into town of course, the celebration was over and so I would likely stick out more.

Perfect...

I already saw a few give me a courtesy glance or look from the corner of my eyes, the cloak wasn't helping in a town were most prefer to be natural I suppose.

I came across a pony selling brightly colored jars, I managed them from her and went on my way.

It went surprisingly uninterrupted so far, of course the moment of peace I had was doomed to be disrupted the moment I moment I thought it would go peacefully...

"Oh, Scry, it's been a while." I suppose I should be thankful it wasn't Pinkie...

"Good morning Twilight Sparkle, I am simply in town to pick up some items." She was currently with her assistant, Spike, and had a book or two in her saddlebags.

"I see that, blueberry jelly? A didn't think you were into snack foods, you had a rather humble living space from what I could see."

"I dabble in a little casual eating." I commented, all there was to do is find a salt lake, Twilight hasn't been here for long enough to know where any water reservoirs may be, so I'll keep quiet for now.

"Okay then, I was just called on by Applejack myself, she's asking for some help at the apple orchard right now."

"Hmm, I wish you good luck then."

"Thanks... you're still wearing that cloak?"

"... I have a hair problem, it gets chilly."

"OH... okay then... um, if it really is that much of a bother, I know some hair growth spells that I could use to help."

"It s fine, it's more to my backs inability to keep the hair, I would just be dropping turfs of it otherwise."

"Okay then, if your sure..."

"I've lived this long with a naked back, I can survive with it."

With that, we parted ways and I sighed.

I still stand out even now, why did every pony here have to have such a extravagant color scheme?

I looked around to see if anypony was looking in my direction, and took out my blue amulet, it glowed briefly, and then pointed north.

"Good, so that means it's nearby..."

And so, I pressed on forward, my stomach was hungry and so it was time to get a those ingredients.

... I should hurry as well, there seems to be a shower coming soon.

Author's Note:

Alright, this is a calm day (for Scry at least) as she goes around Ponyville, she will be removed from some plotpoints in the story for now unless it is REALLY dire... so, basically in a few episodes when the the Ursa Minor comes stomping into town... and the dragon nesting in the mountain... and the Parasprites after that...

Wow, is Ponyville actually worse than our world in terms of natural disasters?