• Published 22nd Jan 2015
  • 730 Views, 140 Comments

My Little Witch - PoisonJoker09



As a new pony settles into the life of Ponyville, we have a peek into her strange life and activities, as she observes and causes some of the problems that happen in the area.

  • ...
2
 140
 730

A Day Of Peace 2/3

I poured my attention over the grimoire, listlessly looking through the numerous recipes, I know many off by heart of course, not most or some, many. The book was quite expansive, and I suspect it must have some form of magic to it, because despite reading it cover to cover over the years, it still surprises me when I open it.

Ah, riddles and puzzles, questions and enigmas. Love 'em. Speaking of such, the riddler's riddle from the one called prophet.

Hmm?

I much prefer a different phrasing, same question, same answer, just fits into the cracks of my mind easier. It goes as such.

'The one who makes it never uses it.
The one who buys it hates to see it used.
The one who uses it never sees it.
What is it?'

I suppose that he could have phrased it as such, but to each their own I suppose, it makes sense your own. But I'm sure that it would have made it easier to figure out, likely why Prophet said it in the first place.

Fun yeah? Anyway, Wanted to clear something up. Ask a question if you will.

Very well, I did after all give the permission to ask.

Why are you known as a witch? Where I'm from people are labeled as witches for making a deal with the more... unsavory, of the evil spirits. And frankly, you strike me as being far too intelligent to trade your soul for something silly like immortality or supernatural powers.

Hmm, you flatter me, truly you do.

Witch's aren't immortal for one thing, we could live very long lives with the right brews, but it would become a chore, and likely live half of out extended time to gather the regents to make it longer. Supernatural powers... well, I suppose that can be the case, the only true power we have is the connection to all other sources of hidden power in the world, which allows as perspective and manipulation of said powers.

Now for your original question, why am I known as one? Well witch's are certain different from your world must be a different breed entirely, making a deal with evil spirits, whenever savory or not is the one thing a true Witch takes caution in, and usually says no to.

The linage of a Witch takes place about 1200 years ago, it is not exactly known how we came about, my ancestor, Moss Reign the Fey. When she had opened her eyes to the world hidden from the mortal plain, she had dedicated her life to researching and working with the forces beyond our world, that didn't stop her from conceiving a child however, who also managed to be able to see the world her mother saw.

We are always in the background in history, for when Moss had tried to explain her greater powers, the unicorns of the time called her a liar, for she herself was an Earth pony, it disrupted the balance that ponies had thought should be. And so to silence the bloodline, unicorns had tried to send soldiers after her discreetly as to not rouse suspicion that Moss Reign was anything but a delusional pony.

And so she fled, away from civilization and traveled the world with her daughter, after one hundred and fifty years she finally passed on when her family had grown on the trail, all with the gift passed down from her, on the road like gypsies. And so it has been that way ever since.

She was a healer and mother to the group, yet history has obscured her existence as anything but a madmare who wished to disrupt the world and cite a rebellion among the common Earth ponies, usually with some form of corruptible black magic from her 'unicorn followers'. I doubt anypony even knows the name right now, unless they were digging into the deepest depths of the oldest libraries.

Ah, and yet another thing, seeing as the others are giving you names to refer to them by, and it seems quite silly to not to in any case, please call me Daideo should you ever find yourself referring to myself specifically.

Hmm, I will keep the name in mind Daideo.

I hope that my description satisfied you, in truth we do not know how it happened, it just manifested itself in Moss Reign and continued down our family line. It has caused much discrimination in my families life, even in this place of Equestria there are many distinctions to be found between the Earth, Unicorn and Pegasus ponies, maybe not in a majority, but you hear things when on the road.

Ah no need to worry about me I watch many of the off branches that make up this area of the multiverse sadly most see Twilight and her friends as the main view. It is possibly we all ready have crossed paths, how many cats have crossed your path only to vanish when you next blinked? Don't count on Twilight respecting your privacy, if you do get her curiosity pined on you as she well become obsessed with finding the answer, if she does go to her friends for help.

Hmm... It is rather hard to understand what you are saying here and there, is the spell causing a warp in grammar? And I suppose your right, that is rather an uncanny event in my life... I suppose that is one mystery solved.

And you needn't worry, I have dealt with a number of curious and nosy ponies in the past, they may have chased me out of the village, but that's because it was easier than having to deal with their questions. Here I will do my best to throw off her new found interest in me.

Of course... she has the connecting element to all of the others, so I can't put off investigating her for too long.

But, before any research on the element bearers is to commence, I should look into the area in which they were used first and foremost. I plan to make a scheduled trip back to the ruins that Nightmare Moon was vanquished; from there it should be a simple job of examining the world for what it truly is.

It should well be traversed in a day, otherwise I might find some ponies would be suspicious of my disappearance.

Maybe even take the chance to look into the local plants and fauna? I will likely be lucky to get some more ingredients there... I might even visit this zebra spoken about from the entity before. If she is on the way there of course.