• Published 22nd Jan 2015
  • 729 Views, 140 Comments

My Little Witch - PoisonJoker09



As a new pony settles into the life of Ponyville, we have a peek into her strange life and activities, as she observes and causes some of the problems that happen in the area.

  • ...
2
 140
 729

Q and A at the Par and Tay

Q and A at the Par and Tay

"Please, come in..." I gestured inside and with a moments hesitation, they trotted in, the last to come in was-

"HONKHONK!"

I resisted the ever so frequent urge to jump and stared blankly at Pinkie, who had the wagon again, and a horn of some kind in her mouth, likely the one that made the noise.

"... Come it, Pinkie." She unhooked the wagon and started taking several items in the wagon and then mumbled something supposedly resembling speech.

It took me a moment to decipher it.

"You don't honestly need everything from the wagon, do you?"

Her eyes went wide and she ran inside, threw some streamers over the ceiling's raters, a plate of pastries on a table and a picture on the wall... of pin-the-tail-on -the-pony if I'm not mistaken.

And then she ran back to me, and spit out the party horn she had in her mouth, and then I suddenly had her arms around my head, and her violating my personal space, again.

"Scry-Scry! When it comes to a party you NEED this kind of commodities to have a SUPER-FUN-STUPENDOUS time! I mean, you can't NOT have cake, or other party treats, or party decorations, or party games, or party music, or party ponies AT a PARTY! It wouldn't be a party and I want you to have the BEST PRIVATE PARTY EVER!"

She paused, and I simply looked at her, we stared at each other for several seconds in silence.

"Very well... then who is the infant dragon?"

"Infant?" The question was asked by the dragon himself, as he looked back at us.

"Oh! That's Spike! He's Twilight's assistant and her couldn't come with because he was sleepy-weepy from all that stuff during Black-Snooty's stuff."

"... Very well." I sighed and stepped aside for her to get more items from the wagon, and turned to the rest.

This time, was a rather awkward silence, for a while we just sat on the floor, and some of them avoided eye contact...

"Well..." Twilight cleared her throat, "I want to be the first to say, thank you for helping me at the Everfree forest with, Nightmare and everything." she looked towards the others and gave a sort of 'Get on with it'. kind of tilt in her head.

"Aye... I heard from Twilight how you held of Nightmare and all, good work." Applejack said cordially.

"Yeah, I guess you're cool if Twilight says, not as cool as me tho." Smugly Rainbow degrees.

"Umm... hello..." Fluttershy uttered, hardly able to hear her from her whispering tone of voice.

"Yes darling, and you MUST come by the Boutique sometime, I can get you some patterns to, *ahem* spruce up the place."

Well, I certainly managed to predict her behavior at least... I hope they won't poke around too much, but I suppose it doesn't matter/ I've placed a powerful charm on the trapdoor to hide it from a pony's sight, so it should be fine.

"Yeah uh..." I looked down at the dragon, known as Spike, who awkwardly scratched his head, "Thanks for helping Twilight, don't know what could have happened if you weren't there..."

I nodded firmly, "I did what I could, that's all anypony can do."

"Uh... thanks then."

The awkward air was then filled with sound, as music began playing, I looked to see Pinkie turning on a gramophone, it immediately started started a cheery little jingle that caused the silence to lift and everypony nearby relaxed a small fraction.

I suppose I should thank convenient timing.

In the short introduction, Pinkie had managed to fill all the possible surfaces with plates of food, somehow managing to take up every space... and have the perfect number to do so. That is rather impressive.

I stepped back on reflex when she jumped in front of me, a pastry in her hoof.

"HERE! I got you the best-est apple strudel of the bunch!" She then put it in my hoof and bounced away, to talk to her friends who were currently around the place, mingling among each other.

Hubble, bubble, toil and trouble... best beware, potion-brewer, the pink one is more unpredictable than even you think...

I drew back and quickly read the new ghostly text that floated in from nowhere, now THIS was a little better, of course I knew she had a perchance to be a little out of the norm, but when forces beyond the rift state it...

Then I should be more careful from now on.

... However, I feel that somepony is putting me in a stereotype just from looking at this...

"Hey... Scry." I looked over at Twilight, who again, looked rather awkward as she walked up to me.

"Twilight."

"... Well... yeah..."

... No, it's just sad how much they are failing to hold a conversation at the moment, I might as well keep it rolling...

"So... were you unharmed from Nightmare after destroying her?"

"OH, nonono, not DESTROY her really just..." I tilted my head in curiosity, she sighed and started again, "You see, Nightmare Moon was actually Celestia's sister, we aren't exactly sure what happened, but we believe something may have, possessed her, she was overcome with hatred that somehow led to her being controlled by an outwards force, the Elements managed to purify whatever it was from her body."

Interesting...

"Really now... I had to leave before I actually saw the process." Purifying ones hatred and jealously, or getting rid of a powerful spirit possessing their bodies, now that was certainly something to look into...

There certainly has to be some residue essence somewhere in those ruins.

"Umm... hello?"

"Yes?"

"I wanted to ask if YOU were okay, I thought you had hurt yourself really bad when you got knocked into that wall... but here you are! Standing and walking just fine, how is this possible?"

"It was likely shock of the moment, my injuries were superficial at worse, I healed just fine after yesterday's debacle."

"Are you sure... I mean I would have thought..."

"It is fine, this is hardly the first time I have gained a few scrapes and cuts."

She looked at me curiously, and then around the house, "That's the thing isn't it... did you move here recently as well?"

"As well?"

"Oh! Well Princess Celestia gave me the task of living here in Ponyville and learning the the magic of friendship so now I am officially a Ponyville resident and well, you're new too so..."

More and more questions seem to pop up...

"Magic of friendship?" there was a deal of great and strange magics out there, but this kind just sounded VERY cheesy...

"Oh... well, there are six elements, Honesty, that is Applejack's element." She gestured to the farmer who was taking a look over my fireplace, likely looking for something sticking out from the rest of the house, "Then there is Kindness, Fluttershy's element."

The withdrawn pegasi looked over at the sound of her name but then looked away just as quickly.

"Then Laughter, that is of course Pinkie Pie's-

"Yupyupyup! And it was REALLY FUN!" She giggled as she appeared right beside us, "I mean, I was like HAHAHAHAHAHA and the trees were like 'poof!' and we were all like HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! And then we heard you go HAHAHAHAHAHA! And we tied you up against your will and talked about what we were going to do-

"YES... I get the idea Pinkie." And I will pointedly NOT mention how strange your last sentence was.

She nodded, and sped off in the other direction, and so I turned back to Twilight.

"I've read the story slightly, so then I can only assume Rarity is Generosity and Rainbow is Loyalty." They were currently not in sightly troubling, but it was unlikely they could do anything worrying.

"Yes, and I am the sixth Element, Magic."

I tilted my head questionably, "That... is rather far removed from those other qualities isn't it?"

"Well... I suppose, but you see, friendship is actually considered such a magic, the bonds that I've made with them all became my power and managed to be channeled into the Elements themselves."

"Hmm... so you took down a corrupted goddess, with friendship?"

A second delay, and a snort rose unbidden from her mouth.

"Heh... you know it's funny, not too long ago, I had said to Spike that the fate of Equestria did not rely on me making friends... by Celestia wasn't I wrong." She fondly looked around the room, "I don't think I could have done it without them."

"... Well, I suppose I should say something about me and chopped liver?"

"OH! I mean, you were helpful as well I mean-

"It's alright, all I did was stall for time." I then spied Applejack go off into another room, she is really in the nosy mood that mare.

"It seem's your friends are quite adventurous even after that Nightmare debacle." She blinked and looked back, three of her friends of course missing.

"Oh... I'm sorry they kind of have minds of their own... well of course they do I mean they are their own ponies but, well I am just saying that... well..." She cleared her throat nervously.

"It's alright... I'm sure they are just enjoying the party... in another room." A blur of pink shot across and Pinkie, even if I wasn't able to keep track of her before, was surely in whatever room the others were in.

"HELLO!" A round of screams and surprised yelps sounded out and I was sure that she had managed to catch up with them.

It seems that Pinkie in like a guided spell missile, the right words should be enough to choose the target...

Hopefully that should keep them occupied.

I looked over at the other pony in the room, Fluttershy, who was trying to make herself as small as possible.

"It is rather strange that such a frightened mare had enough courage to face a angry Manticore..."

"Oh... yeah, Fluttershy loves animals so it is kind of a switch to her otherwise." She shrugged helplessly, "She'll get used to you... you just have to be patient until then."

I wasn't really worrying about getting her to like me however...

"In fact, you even have similar houses, Fluttershy has a rather secluded home as well, just next to the Everfree."

More than likely it is because I prefer to be alone, her choice was likely because of her social problems.

Oh, and the fact without my practiced and deliberate distance I make between me and ponies, I would have likely been burned at the stake by now.

"OH, I got sidetracked, so you just moved in correct?"

"Yes... A few days before the Sun Celebration."

"I'm kind of surprised nopony in town knew about you, it is such a small town I thought someone moving in would catch everyponies attention."

"I simply gave the bits for a house and moved in here, I like my privacy."

"Ah... alright."

Rarity and Pinkie Pie then trickled back in, with Rainbow slowly coming back in as well.

Applejack didn't follow, as expected.

"If you excuse me, I think I left something in the back."

I walked forward and was blocked by Rainbow.

"Heeeeyyyy... Spy, wanted to talk to you." That was such a sad attempt at distracting me I won't even comment.

"It's Scry, Scry Fortune."

"Yeah that! So I just wanted to hear, uh, about you taking on Nightmare by yourself! I mean I heard a bit from Twilight and I thought it sounded pretty AWESOME, I mean, not as awesome as me but..."

"It ended with me being punted in the wall, I don't think it was that impressive."

"Well, STILL, you managed to walk away and beat her pretty bad, I want to hear EVERY detail!"

We stared at each other, Rainbow gave a nervous twitch in her wings, an obvious sign she was stalling for time. And it was rather sad the only attempt in conversation happened to be for her friends own gain.

I sighed deeply, and looked over my shoulder, "Pinkie, I think Rainbow wants a hug."

Rainbow's eyes widened comically, "Now that's just playing dirty-

"DASHIE!" She then hit the floor, with Pinkie now crushing her torso with a happy smile on her face, I walked by the two bodies and walked into the kitchen.

Where Applejack was holding up the trapdoor I had enchanted to not be noticed and preparing to go inside.

...

Wait a minute, how was that possible?