• Published 22nd Jan 2015
  • 729 Views, 140 Comments

My Little Witch - PoisonJoker09



As a new pony settles into the life of Ponyville, we have a peek into her strange life and activities, as she observes and causes some of the problems that happen in the area.

  • ...
2
 140
 729

What Life Has Become

I was lucky enough to have found the library relatively empty, Spike, the dragon assistant was the only one minding the place and was fine with me flicking through the various volumes in search for something, he didn't seem used to living in a library yet since it was usually considered normal to assist someone in finding their books.

So far I had not managed to find it, I went through the relatively likely ones, 'strange plants of Equestria' and so on, yet there wasn't enough information of it's effects or anything otherwise to tip me off other than a brief mention of 'a certain flowers effect', as if I should have known about it beforehand. Something tells me the author of this has...

Poor Foresight, what an unfortunate name.

I had been here for twenty minutes yet I hadn't managed to find what I was looking for.

Now the normal thing to do at this point was ask the librarian, but I am avoiding contact from Twilight for now and her assistant is likely to mention me in passing.

I would have thought the flower would be well known locally at least, for such a strange and visible reaction to the body.

I just discovered a pair of gold shears sticking out of the speech center of my brain this morning.

... Not something I expected to read today.

It seems the fates share the same sense of humor as that plant.

I don't know exactly the context, but I'll accept your word for it.

It's known as poison joke, by the way. Unlike mundane poison oak, which simply causes a rash, this plant plays a magic practical joke on anything that touches it, usually something to do with their personal pride or talent.

Hmm... a joke you say? Well I suppose my transformation must relate to... my Witch title, traditionally it was said from made up stories passed down from the ancestors of the Unicorns that spoke against her, commonly shown to be ugly, crippled and filled with diseases. Ironically, in the more modern and peaceful era such a pony would be rushed to hospital with all the care in the world.

I believe the herbology guidebook 'Supernaturals' could be of use for more information on plants from the Everfree. Both Twilight and Zecora have a copy.

Supernaturals... hmm, I did actually run past that, the title is misleading, I would have thought it to be a book of spirits or of unexplained events in the world, this Poison Joke seems to be a very real thing, obviously the author didn't think the name would mislead at all.

Till next time,
Machina

With that I made a new search and found the said book, inside was the complete description of the plant, and even a natural cure in the form of a special herbal bath medicine. I should be able to make this as well as I can, I don't exactly favor the normal way of creating something however.

My word, your, ah, "letterbox" shall we say, has gotten a lot more cluttered since I last spoke with you, Miss.

... Ah, Scholar, it's been a while. Yes, a number more have appeared, some more infuriating than others.

Such... characters. Such a range of skills and abilities, too, intriguing. Makes me wonder if I can send more than just these messages to you. Hmm... now where's that copy of "Dimensional Delvings for Dummies"? Codex, have you been messing with my sorting system again?
...Codex?

Well, good luck in doing that I suppose, it is good to hear some insightful opinions sometimes.

Ugh, blast. Miss, if you'd please do me a favour? keep an eye out for a black kitten with feathered wings on its back? He answers to the name Codex, and if I'm reading the tracks he left right, he may be hopping around dimensions.

Well that's unfortunate.

*sighs* Codex is the best familiar a scholar could want, incredibly bright and understands what you say even if he can't reply, but he does tend to go off exploring at the worst possible times, and yes, even through other planes of existence... if you do see him, please tell him to come home?

Well, I already seem to have a connection to cat species through Cheshire, I will make sure to send him on his way back if I ever should meet him, I can't guarantee he would listen to me however.

But anyway, cat troubles aside. Seems like you have that Poison Joke affliction in hoof, so to speak. If you're in need of more accurate diagrams and details regarding the plant in question and many others besides, check a book called "Supernaturals" in Ponyville library, and don't be put off by the name, it's grammatically flawed and as such tends to mislead any who simply read its title.

Yes, I managed to get the hint from Machina, thank you for your contribution as well, and your right, this is a very misleading mistake on grammar.

It could be that its pages hold details of other uses for the plant you might find beneficial. Given the somewhat comedic chaos around the plant, I wouldn't be surprised if it can be used to make laughing gas, or something equally surprising. At least, that's my hypothesis...

Indeed, flicking through the pages there are references to several other unique plants, some I knew already, others not so much, I'm not sure about the laughing gas idea, it is a plant that causes a natural allergic reaction to anyone who touches it and shifts their shape into something 'funny', laughing doesn't exactly factor into it's process.

Yours,
Scholar
PS. I really meant it about Codex. He likes books he hasn't read before and most dairy products.

How catlike... I'll make sure to keep my eyes out as I've said.

Books he hasn't read before? I wouldn't know what that could be exactly, the best bet I have in running into him is in the library, and I plan to spend as little time as I can here.

I managed to check over all the facts of the Poison Joke plant and also make notes of several others to look out for, and I left quietly.

On the way back home, another message pops up.

Hello Mouse.

Ah Cheshire, perfect timing, keep an eye out for a winged cat would you?

I see some of the others are getting a little over zealous with the "help" they are giving you as this is a minor problem for you I have done a little meddling on a few fronts don't worry nothing to large.

Hmm?

Firstly I have put a ward around your bedroom this well keep anything from watching you as you sleep and other things in that room, don't worry it will not effect the spell that we use to send messages.

I have enough wards in place, it wasn't particularly necessary since I'm a light sleeper. Rather strange how you are helping after complainging about the others giving me too much help.

As for the other I took care of the group of "Ghost" Void set on you that I did find most enjoyable I must say. Tho you will not care, no I didn't harm them just sent them on a bit of a trip to random realities I'm sure they well eventually make it back to him.

Well that will certainly get rid of the feeling of being watched I suppose.

Well that is all the meddling in your life I will be doing for the mean time I hope the day goes well for you.
The Cheshire Cat

You need to add more punctuation, understanding this is sometimes hard to do without reading it a few more times.

Another message appeared... and strangely enough it was linked to Cheshire's one, it was from Voidwalker.

Meh...They just reported back to me...You're lucky they were not under the order of exterminus...That usually end up with the destruction of entire solar system.

Someones bitter.

...And I won't probably send them out again...Seeing as you don't have the need for them. By the way...You don't need to be afraid of truly harming them...I have granted those that are loyal to me a certain level of immortality some pain resistance and the mind to handle it. But, thank you for dealing with them in a rather peaceful way...

He's very bitter.

As for "watching" you...You honestly think I really need them to do that? Nah...With the kind of power I possess, it is rather redundant...It was done mostly to annoy you and I suppose I succeed. Hehehehehehehe *cough* Ahem.

... Your an unpleasant creature, you understand that right?

Haven't used that kind of laughter for a while. *hack* *cough* Oh, wow. Hairball...And I'm not even related to cat in anyway.

There seems to be more cats than ever in these messages I receive, Cheshire, Scholar and now you.

That poison joke plant is rather diverse in its effect...It seem in this universe, it just plays 'pranks', in other universes, they can actually kill you in a week without a cure while others the effect simply wears of.

... I suppose I am lucky mine was the better variety.

Well, that is it for now...
-Voidwalker-
3-2-1, FIGH!...Yeah! Eat my 122mm cannon shell! *Boom*

... So many things you entities do don't make sense.

Honestly, there are only so much that can be done to keep him somewhat sane and kind...Well, sane for those that are insane...Which is most of us otherworldly entities.

I still think he is quite unstable despite how much slack your giving him.

Here is a box of 100 sleeping pills. Putting you in a dreamless and restful sleep. Basically you only need to sleep 3 hours with one pill and you are back to full strength. Both mind and body.

Sure enough, a box suddenly appears out of nowhere, with a pink exterior and red bow.

Well... the first function is actually useless because I really don't have dreams what so ever, I can shape them how I wish. But the suppressed sleep within three hours could be useful, it would certainly help in some situations.

With that I had reached to door of my house and walked inside, all the while accompanied by a piano and string instrument song from the other Pinkie, breathing in, I relaxed as I sunk into the chair, listening to the welcome soft song.


Hmm... I realize I had put off visiting Archmage lately.

He had extended to invitation a while ago, I suppose it hasn't hit me until now.

I took out the onyx medallion that was still slung around my neck, looking over it a few times, I then tried to recall exactly the phrase that was needed...

"The Academy-


I then blinked and found myself appear out of nowhere, large golden gates and giant night sky expanded overhead, I took a moment to stare blankly around the landscape, which was nothing but long stretches of land that had no mountains or hills nor end.

I breathed in exasperation, the immediate and sudden transportation defied so many laws of natural magic I was sure most Unicorn spell weavers would have their minds melt over the amount of magic required to do this without charging or signs of it happening.

Then, a sudden thunder of trumpets erupted out of nowhere, already knowing that this was going to be a long day, I turned my attention to several, creatures, who bore resemblance to Daideo with their instruments perched on their lips in a formal fashion, all in a rehearsed and organised line.

Suddenly, another appeared from the corner of my vision and straightened his posture.

"Announcing the esteemed arrival of Scry Fortune of the Moss family." My ears twitched slightly as he said that, being recognized by my lineage was hardly the thing I would expect, but it is apparent that this was a very formal thing that was set up by Archmage. No doubt to throw me off balance in some way.

He was an annoying entity like that.

They all then disappeared as quickly as they appeared, neatly dividing into two doors.

Except one.

He was covered, head to toe in a strange type of metal armor, he had his face covered like Daideo, only it was white and had a monocle and top hat, and a cloak hung over his shoulders.

If there was a time to feel under-dressed... do all the entities here see themselves as important to wear so much clothing?

He walked up to me smoothly, maybe a march with a dash of skipping included, and he held up his arm towards me.

To humor him, I raised my hoof and he took it in his claw, and kissed my hoof delicately, his mask opening enough to see his strange flat mouth and canines, the other creatures had similar and differing faces but I wasn't close enough to note their features.

"Welcome..." The mask shut before he could grin fully at me, and gestured around himself in a dramatic fashion.

"... Laying it on a little thick aren't you, I'm hardly royalty so what is with the ceremony?"

He gave a small tip of his head and chuckled, "Heh heh, hey now. You don't need to be royalty to deserve respect. So, hrm, what do you think of the place?"

"... Needlessly large."

"Well to be fair, it was made for beings that were 7-8 feet tall."

My ear gave an irritable twitch, "I meant more like the scenery behind me that is fit for a landscape drawing."

"Ah. That. Hrm, well, how do I put in a way you'll understand without giving you a 1200 hour education on the creation of pocket dimensions..." He places a hand to his muzzle in thought, "Aha! I got it! Look, imagine a pyramid, you know how they have to have a really large base and a tiny top to be structurally sound? The academy the the tiny top and the landscape is the base. Depending on certain circumstances pocket dimensions need to be built in a certain way to continue existing."

"Very well... yet I still feel it's rather unnecessary." I then gestured to the large golden gates behind him, "Enough of that however, what did you want me here to see?"

"I just wanted to give you a tour and have lunch. So... where do you want to go first?"

I gave him a level look, "I don't know anything about this place, you were the one who brought me here."

He scratched the back of his head sheepishly, "Uh... want to see the farms?"

I decided to take pity on him and simple gave a nod of agreement.

"Very well then, lead on."

"Alrighty then, onwards!"

Suddenly, I found myself in another place the moment my eyes opened from the split second blink forced upon me. In front of me was a glass plane that showed a large open area with several different kinds of plants lined up, put together, hanging in the air, hanging off trees and so on. Simply a forest of different vegetation. Also, they seemed to strangely be in different kinds of soil or different times of the day.

"Voila! What do you think? It's equipped with state of the art magitek and even some sections with applied temporal distortion tech. Any questions?"

I was able to guess two things, that this obviously ran off some form of hybrid tech from his words, and he either thought highly of my intelligence, or it didn't occur to him that what he was saying went over the heads of most normal ponies.

I decided to hold my tongue for now.

"I see you managed to separate most of them into different environments, the best one for their intended species I expect?"

"Quite, although if you want the environs adjusted you can use these labeled controls over here."

A control console made itself apparent from in front of the glass display, I walked up to the controls and looked over the number of plants I could modify.

"Cry out a quarter of the mushroom like plants there..." I pushed on a 'sun' lever and also a few buttons with the same name of plant above it. Sure enough it managed to divide and somehow add more levers for the individual batches of fields made, "Another thing, adjust the living conditions of the more sun thriving species to have less than half the amount needed, that way they 'compete' for the most sunlight given them them." Again, another few levers and buttons popped up as I adjusted them.

In the end I had a decent variation in terms of how healthy or otherwise the regents would be.

I looked behind me to see Archmage was simply standing there, nodding to the changes I was doing, taking note of them.

"So, what else is in this place anyway, this can't be the only room."

"There's the potion labs to look at, afterwards we can go to the observatory." He gestured, somewhat mockingly at the door, before we teleported once again to a room that stunk of chemicals, fumes floated off nearby pots of shining metal and advanced looking tools for potion preparation, from cutting, to grinding, to boiling and cooling.

"The labs here have a wide variety of alchemical assistance abjurations and gear. We have pots, pans, cauldrons, beakers, bottles, and fiery furnaces. There are also thermometers, decompilers, thingamajiggers, this weird metal stick and just plain useful stuff. The cabinets and desk have some useful notes for you to find and read."

This time I was sure he had no idea that most of what he said needed explaining, or at least repeating, considering how quickly he ran through his lines.

"It seems advanced to be sure, make sure to have some notes on how to work the more advanced versions of some of these tools, I need to know how to use them to their full capacity after all." I looked up and down the pots and took note at all of them being new and streamlined, "Also, would you get a pot made out of iron, it's usually required for some potions to have such their containers have that base element it it."

Suddenly, one such object appears on the nearby table.

"Done." He cheerily says...

I was tempted to ask what was the point of the door if teleporting was the only thing he did to get around.

"So... astronomy tower?"

An astronomy tower?
What would be the point in knowing the consolations in this realm?

"I don't know why such a thing would be very useful to me."

"I'll show you." And with that, I found myself appear in a room which had no roof, above showed a clearly and bright summer day. With a swipe of his wrist, the sky blended into a recognizable night sky of Equestria.

"Okay, as you may know many dimensions have potion recipes that require the planet to be in a certain position to work."

He gestured to the nearby map of different worlds, with different suns and moons in the picture, some had as many as ten circling them.

"This is a multi-dimensional planetary and stellar tracker. For example, the recipe I gave needs to be made on a full moon. This baby here can currently observe the skies of 7 distinct dimensions. It also helps to let you know how much time has passed if you spend too long here researching or brewing potions."

He then turns to me.

"Any more questions mon ami?"

"... Just one, do you have a hobby?" I found myself asking purely out of the fact I needed to know how a being would just think up all of this, for the sole purpose of appeasing one individual.

There is generosity, and then there is simply TOO generous.

Amazingly, despite the mask, the area around his face lit up red, "You know how some beings make model boats or trainsets? This is the god version of that."

"... Fair enough." I was hardly in the position to talk, considering I managed to make a brew that got me to contact entities in the first place.

"So, any questions you have, we'll have to discuss it over food." He then looked at his claw... where a watch that was realistically drawn onto his wrist with a multitude of crayons.

"... You just delight in making no sense do you?"

He simple chuckles, "Oh I make sense, from a certain point of view."

"... You could have said 'I'm not insane, all of you are' and it would have the same effect." I pulled back from my close inspection of the iron pot, and turned back to him, "So, lunch?"

"Sure."

I wasn't even surprised when not only my location, but posture shifted to accommodate the seat that had now appeared below me, he was becoming predictable. In front of me was a a empty plate, I was sitting across from Archmage who was leaning back casually.

"Forgive me for presuming but I suspect that you'll not want any meat will you? I know that many ponies do indeed eat meat but I thought I'd better play it safe."

A large bowl of several types of lettuce and tomatoes floated down in front of me, as well as a pitcher of tea that filled my empty cup.

"... There are some that decide to go with the lifestyle, but it is a rather largely troublesome mental barrier to overcome." After all, ponies are commonly a herbivore species, eating any living thing goes against the innate harmony magic within ones blood and thus rejects it horribly, it's why black magic usually sharpens the teeth to change the nature of you one it is corrupting.

"Is there any type of food in particular that you like? I can get you pretty much anything."

"This is fine, thank you." I reach down and pick out one of the crisp leaves and chew on it thoughtfully. It tasted like it was well grown, free from any sorts of pests or problems. Also, it tasted expensive.

"So, from what I know of the beings of this era we are to partake in banter during the consumption of our meal. So, read any good ancient tomes lately?" He was very animated as he spoke, his gestures as fluid and random as his topics, "I recently acquired one which detailed the necessary and massive requirements to create a runic array for self-stabilizing dimension, I can finally go on vacation and not have to worry about whether my worshipers or people under my protection will die from universal destruction."

"... It sounds like your bragging," I pop one of the smaller tomatoes into my mouth and took a moment to savor the juicy texture, I never much cared for them because I couldn't decide whenever they were more liquid than food, "And I I don't much partake in much reading besides ones to make my brews, such as the one that connected my consciousness with all powerful entities from another world."

"Hrm, well, make any good potions lately? You should be able to use the luck potion recipe I gave you this upcoming full moon."

He sips on his drink, which I managed to catch a whiff of grapes, wine perhaps.

"And I wasn't bragging, it's really hard having to always take care of people, I mean, I don't have to, but I have a conscience."

"I didn't say so, simply that you sound you are, your childish demeanor hardly helps you in that regard." I took a sip of the tea provided, it was rather gritty, yet very tasty, "And to answer your question, I haven't had time to really experiment and develop a truly great brew, other than my potion that multiplies quality, I've been mostly researching and getting kidnapped."

"Sounds like my college days... what?" I shook my head at his statement and looked back down to my meal.

"So Scry, what's your life been like? Any interesting things happen with you?"

... Seriously?

I directed a look... nay, a glare at the entity, projecting the large amounts of exasperation and not appreciating how much he is oblivious to how idiotic that question was.

"Let's assume you weren't watching my life for the last few days, can you honestly think that your question was going to yield anything you didn't already know."

He held up his claws as a sign of surrender, "Ummmm, I actually meant your past and things before you made the View Brew, anything major events?"

"... Be more specific in the future," I drank slowly, keeping my eyes on him... before relaxing and sitting back, "There have been a number of adventures I participated in my life, you will have to be more specific."

"Ooh, adventures eh? Sounds interesting. What types of things did you do? Whattypesofponiesdidyoudo? Any places blown up? Villains defeated? Apocalypses cancelled?"

... I couldn't help but feel one of those needed special notice, but he spoke so quickly that I couldn't catch all of it.

"Nothing so big as world threats... well, not immediate worldly threats anyway, in the subtle world of the other world, most anything that threatens the delicate balance of it can lead to some negative consequences."

"... Again, be more specific, there are a number of them I had managed in my life of travelling and each having it's own share of factors that you have described just now, ever since I was but a foal I have been independent."

Archmage gave a large sigh, I didn't even know he was capable of being exasperated "Why so picky Scry? Okay, here's something specific, have you ever needed to fend off a bounty hunter that specializes in tracking down those who use "evil" magic? If so, how were you able to defeat him?"

"I wiill stop being 'picky' if you stop being vague, there has been a number of times some ponies or other species have come across witches in old stories or something else, and may have become overzealous and decide it is in their best interest to rid the world of us."
I shook my head at the idea.

"Not so much bounty hunter than simple stupid, the closest thing to bounty hunter in job would be either that, or assassins from particular groups that find me troublesome to their ideas."

I looked down in the salad, trying to think of a single event...

"Well, there was this time I was trekking through Saddle Arabia, and I managed to evade an infamous thieves group that took up most of the desert, after a few weeks of them having chasing me and not succeeding, their pride as masters of their craft and environment was damaged, I hear they are still waiting for me to travel back there even now..."

"Hmm? Did there happen to be forty of them?" He asked, now consuming an collection of noodles that I was sure I didn't see before, he continued talking before I could answer, "If I had less limitations in your universe I could send you back to them with an enchanted suit of armor and a gauss rifle."

I chose not to ask what a rifle, gauss or not, would be, assuming it was a weapon of some sort, "It would be a small desert if were merely forty... and even if you could, I would rather not try and fight them again over the simple fashion of petty vengeance, I already did enough to hamper their operations as I left the region."

Yes, a couple hallucinogenic gas bombs and sand blindness gasses certainly managed to 'hamper' their efforts.

"Yeah, revenge doesn't really help anyone. But still, Saddle Arabia, what's that like?"

"Dry, arid and unpleasantly warm." I answered shortly, sipping my drink a little, "And at night, freezing cold."

"Sounds comfy." He commented casually.

"After the sandstorms had lifted temporarily I suppose I felt an amount of satisfaction."

"Heh heh, yep. Scry, I realize now that only you've been telling stories, do you have any questions about my past?" He seemed excited, like a little foal on their birthday...

"No, not really." I hid the small amount of pleasure I had once he slumped down in defeat slightly.

"Oh, okay. Hmm, wanna talk potions? I've been alive for quite a while and I have plenty of alchemical knowledge for you."

While that was a generous offer...

"... I've been meaning to mention, any sort of 'normal' way that certain ingredients are made into potions, would likely be messed up on my end, due to my ability of revealing the hidden potential of what I use to brew a potion, it can turn out different from what would have happened if you had made it." It was indeed rather a curse to any who try to use their ability in the normal world, if a normal pony had developed a sneezing remedy, a witch would develop a homemade bomb with the exact same ingredients and preparation process.

"Hmm, we do share vastly different magical signatures..."

And then, he turned to look at a VERY tall, slender figure of a pony, but through the folds of his robes I saw it was devoid of fur, yet had a completely white complexion and no face... I swallowed down my ease of it being close to the 'uncanny valley' and kept my expression schooled.

"Hmmmmmm, yep. That confirms it. Valacroix nomish virit? Oh well. I can probably appeal to an overdeity for help, maybe even speak directly to the creator of your universe. Heh heh, this reminds me of a story. Do you wanna hear it?"

Speak to the creator of my universe, as if that was as casual as he made it out to be.

//Hehe...//

"Sure, go ahead."

"Well, as you can probably tell by now, I'm not exactly the most... sane of beings. Instead of being like other beings of massive power I instead take an active role in the realm of mortals, this... has gotten me quite the reputation."

I can imagine...

"Among many I am considered a "dark" god for questioning the "holy" order of things. Ha! Any deity that believes only a select few should rule over the rest is a being that should be locked in the realm of Never."

Unfortunately, most get their way despite other's opinions...

"Anywho, some cultists from some backwater universe decided to appeal to me for help. They were going to sacrifice a virgin to me, so while they didn't exactly gain my favor, they certainly got my attention. They began chanting and one of them stepped forward to say, "Oh great Dark One, Emperor of Shadows and destroyer of worlds, we appeal to you for help in our plight."

... He shares the name with the Dark One I met before?

"At this moment I decided to make my entrance. I appeared in a cloud of flames and smoke. I stepped out wearing my bathrobes and mask and said, "Hello! Whadda ya need?"

"... You are really too casual." I criticized, "They prepare a blood ritual, and you make fun of the image of power they had been trying to summon?"

"Hey, I was taking a bath when I got the signal, and they were going to kill the sacrifice!"

You are an entity that can make a dimension that slows down time, why are you worrying about time?

"Anywho, I spoke with the cultists and heard their story. Luckily for them the sacrifice was willing to be... sacrificed."

Not surprising, if they knew half of dark rituals, then a willing sacrifice is almost more likely to summon an agreeable entity than an unwilling one, otherwise you are likely to summon a corrupting, bloodthirsty, unstable one.

"They were being oppressed by a supposed superior people that had them as slaves." He gave an earthly sigh, leaning back into his chair "It was horrible, even the children were mistreated."

Yet again, nothing surprising, a cruel government or group would likely not hold much morals over slaves and other such ranks, it's the mindset of most underdeveloped cultures that 'lesser' people are to be simply servants to their words, children were simply making sure the future generation of heirs were sure to be waited on hind and back hooves.

"Anyways, I freed a bunch of them and wiped out a couple of cities. I gave many of them knowledge of technology they could use to win. Hehe, they sent 1500 knights in full-plate armor towards our base of operations. They were torn to shreds from 2 kilometers away with gauss rifles."

... these 'rifles' power is all the more apparent.

"They had a revolution and defeated the oppressors. Peace was eventually made and in a few centuries the world united. Nowadays I watch over them and about 4 billion of them worship me. I also made sure they didn't fight among each other again. I haven't told them yet but in a few weeks they are going to make first contact with a species of similar technological levels. I'm going to leave them to fend on their own soon but I'll check up on them every once in a while."

"That is surprising, as just a minute ago you said you like to take an active role in the physical world." I noted, recently, that a pile of oatmeal cookies were piled on a nearby plate, thankfully free from sugar as tested with a cautious nibble.

"Scry, there is a difference between taking an active role and being their God-emperor."

I stopped shewing, and simply stared.

"I didn't anything of the kind, some 'deities' may have a usual motto of keeping out of mortals business, but when you say 'fend them off', that makes me thing of war, and you leaving them to 'fend for themselves' can be considered contradictory to your 'active role' title."

"Well, I'm bored and they don't need me as much anymore... I'm also lonely. It's one of the reasons I gallivant across the multiverse like I do. Many times I've erased my memory and cut off my access to my own power to once again live as mortals do. I have other immortal friends but we can't come together very often..."

"... again, I'm suddenly aware of how strange you entities all are." I shook my head as I finished the last leaf from my meal, "You are so lonely, so you say, yet you have worshipers, people to look after, and connections to other entities from far beyond. And yet you still find a reason to use the word 'lonely'."

I shrugged, "Being alone is not as lonely to me as it is to you, I find it relaxing and better to be left alone with my thoughts, of course that is just me."

"Heh heh, that's not really what I meant. I am immortal. Everyone there will die and I will not change one bit. It's lonely because I knowevery connection I make will die while I keep going. And my friends, well, we can't talk long because many times explosions happen around us from the sheer amount of power we have." He clapped his hands suddenly, springing up from his brief slump, "Right now, I'm happy because I can talk to you and mess around with while your still here. You make me happy with your misadventures."

"Again, another thing of immortals... they always think with mortal values, I understand when you outlive the connections you've made in your life for the first few hundred years, but dragons with their own longevity have managed to deal with this by making friends with the ancestors and following generations of lesser lived species."

I felt my brow twitch a little.

"And it's not like I am living my life for your amusement, you all treat this like a storybook."

//Maybe you should get into that mindset a little, set you up for the plot twist, heh, plot.//

"Oh no, not a story at all."

He suddenly nudges the slender pony, who somehow managed to slip from my perception again, and thus made his arrival only slightly less surprising and unnerving again.

"... Well, I suddenly feel that I should feel sorry for my possible descendant's for the future." I intoned with a deadpan expression.

"Why sorry?" He says with genuine puzzlement.

"I'm sure my future generations will know the answer, ask them." I then tilted my head thoughtfully, "Now that our lunch is done... I think it would best be the time to go back to my dimension, I've seen enough for now."

To my surprise, it didn't offer much of an impact.

"Good bye Scry! Hope to see you again soon."

With a snap, I found myself back home again... instantly.

A quick look at the clock confirmed not even a minute had passed while I was away.

I sighed and simply made my way back to bed, determined to sleep away the stress build up from speaking to Archmage for an extended amount of time.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the late updates lately, been trying to catch up see?

Anyway, NO more coab's for a while, need to write a little better now...