• Published 22nd Jan 2015
  • 728 Views, 140 Comments

My Little Witch - PoisonJoker09



As a new pony settles into the life of Ponyville, we have a peek into her strange life and activities, as she observes and causes some of the problems that happen in the area.

  • ...
2
 140
 728

To the Rainy Season

I had been busy for a while since the castle.

First I had learned through the town gossip the next day that a dragon was indeed sleeping above the mountains yesterday. The element bearers had been the one to deal with the issue thankfully enough, leaving me free to enjoy the air.

It was a heavy rain coming soon, another one in the long list of scheduled rainstorms, it signified the coming of winter as the rain was rather colder this time of year.

I was currently staring out the windows of my home, at the darkening clouds were clear on the horizon, I turned my attention away from the dreary scene to focus on my newest batch of Quick-Acting-Acid and drew in a breath once again. Several bottles with assortments of brushes sticking out the bottom of their lids lined the table, I started pouring ladles of the concoction with a carefully set pace, soon enough all of them were filled with the bubbling brew and sealed air tight.

It had been a while since I focused sorely on my craft, but I was determined to refill my supplies, as low as they were, to the brim.

Cleaning out the cauldron again, a new assortment of ingredients lined up to be used, I glanced toward the window once again.

It was likely going to be a difficult time in the future... but I was prepared for it.

Thunder sounded overhead, as if planning to prove my prediction.

Dear Scry Fortune
I can indeed modify the rings and pendants to allow for a charm as well as the active spell feature and shall do so. The courier carrying the items should be by soon to make the trade and I hope you find the items useful.

Good, then I shall expect the delivery then, and I am rather curious what the courier will look like.

With Joy
Professor Killjoy

Hilarious...

P.S. Good News! Cthulu was more then happy to help! It doesn't hurt that his family has settled on your world and his daughter attends the school in Ponyville either (he is very protective of his family apparently). This might actually explain why so many strange things happen around that town now that I think about it...Meh it just makes it so things are less boring.

... Ignoring that, ignoring that, ignoring the fact a monster abomination is possibly living among the populace... with a family.

Okay, plans to move out of Ponyville sound very good right now.

Unfortunately for Voidwalker, you will not have to resort to his "offer" any time soon. I have seen the effects of several different methods of "returning" something from the dead. It's never pleasant. Best case scenario, your life would literally belong to Voidwalker. Worst case, you would be caught in a Schrödinger paradox. Both dead and alive, fully aware as being both. Luckily I have assurance that that you will never be in a state that requires such measures.

Yes... I have already said so, this is simply another thing to deal with, it needs no other special efforts.

I won't make it my job to tell you which path is most in line with the future we see. If you bind yourself to fate, you'll never be able to live as you please. At most, I'll watch the road ahead for danger, and only directly intervene if truly necessary. However, if you feel that you truly need to know what lied ahead, you can always ask, and I'll answer to the best of my ability, if the fates allow,
Machina.

... I still don't trust fortunes.

If the fates allow would be the way of saying to 'tell me this so I go out of my way to complete the future anyway', if I were to choose between knowing what route I would take or going down it through at least an illusion of my own actions, I'll be happier.

I will hold off Voidwalker's deal as long as possible, I feel no desire of anything pertaining to my revival, if he stays true to his word, I would likely be revived anyway and would have to work off the dept placed upon me.

My dear Machina...As you probably known...She cannot give me anything I don't already have. Why would I need anything of her except for the story which she's creating herself? Her body? Please, I can create it myself although I'm not sure why I would need it. Her soul? Why would I need a soul? Sure it is potent but much less powerful than what I already can do. And I take one's soul usually because they are nonredeemable or I have my own plan with it...

Good to know, because I plan to safeguard it likewise, I only have one.

Good news indeed Mr.Killjoy. Glad to have more help.

I will pretend you mean the couriers coming here soon.

Oh, miss Fortune...I have no doubt that you have already figured who am I by my style alone now...

Don't flatter yourself, it is the equivalent of knowing there is a termite infestation from the woodwork.

To answer a few of your...thoughts (It will not follow any order). You have no idea how boring it can be for an immortal who have seen the creations and destruction of many universes.

Well that's the thing, I don't have many universes to worry about, only one, the one I'm living on is what I have to worry about. And I doubt it would get boring if I were to ever lose this one.

That pink mare face...Well, I have no idea how that even got there...Damn magical physic breaking pink pony of pony land.

... I am caught between the thought of making fun of your predicament, or sharing pity of our combined worries.

Acceptance about death? Well, everyone die...Including me...If I can find the way that is...I tried everything to kill me from magical weapons to big teraton strong nuclear weapons during the early days after I learnt about my Immortality (My age is about 7 digits at the time). Heck, I 'stood' right in front of a super nova and it still can't kill me. My offer is just there as an option.

... I am suddenly very glad only a portion of entities might can get into this universe. And if so, then it will likely stay as an unused one... thank you for offering I suppose.

Also, advice in dealing with that Pink Chaos goddess of party and celebration who can make planet destroying entities wet their metaphorical pants. Huh? What? Wrong universe? Ok.

... Pinkie is a goddess, that makes so much sense and makes me positively scared beyond all belief.

Ah, well. Advice on how to deal with that Pink Physic breaking pony...Remember this quote from some of the most powerful beings that exist inside a universe that I know of: "My dear, sanity is overrated." 10 Points for any of you other entities who can recognize this one.

Sanity is all I have left to brave to storm, so I'll keep it to at least have something to hold onto while I drown.

A little advice about living in Ponyville. It is a crazy town and magnet for many troubles in Equestria. You really should prepare for random things to happen.

You seem to be giving a lot of advice... I have accepted it to this point, I won't be able to get used to it just yet however.

But after a goddess, Ursa, and world destroying insane gods that may or may not exist, I can handle it.

-Voidwalker-
"HIYA! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" Holy tree! Gotta cut the connection now, my version of pink pony, BYE!

It was at this point I was hiding under the table, purely for precaution of course.

"Pinkie... your terrifying."


A knock on my door, I cautiously looked into the aura of whoever was on the other side, for several seconds I caught glimpses of a solid and moving block of unstoppable power, yet muted significantly, risking the chance, I opened the door to be met with-

A statue... of a winged pony stallion.

I say 'winged' because the wings on the stone make were exaggerated far beyond the normal pegasi, and they weren't fully extended, instead cradling it's body. The aura was still present, the one who opened the door was this statue.

I looked down at it's extended hoof, which held a letter, I opened it and read quickly.

Sorry, I can't move unless you don't see me.
I have everything for the trade in my bag so, would you mind terribly putting them in front of me?

I gazed into the unresponsive eyes of the statue, and turned back to where I kept the numerous artifacts I was holding onto.

"Alright, if you can hear me, put your hoof on the ground when I turn." I turned to look at the unsettling sight of the stallion having changed it's stone posture. "Very well, I have only a few items to trade, first and foremost there is the treasury items." I pulled out the random assortment of lower tier magic pieces in front of him, "The trade was certain jewelry that could store spells and charms in them so I recall."

I turn my head away and heard several sounds like the rustling of a bag, and several objects dropping to the ground.

When I turn back he was in the same position, and several rings and bands were on the floor.

I picked them up and examined them closely, it did feel like they were 'empty' for the lack of a better term, certainly at least them held the potential for using power. I made a note to test them out in the future.

"Likewise I wish for the exchanges of Celestia and Luna's items, here they are." I dropped the pieces on the ground and looked away again, a moment later I turned back to see the same thing had happened. Only this time the items left behind were a pair of amulets with gold and dark blue colors between them, and a golden stone and seemed to shine from where it sat.

I picked up the stone first, a great EXPANSE of knowledge in the short area around me, and the stone stallion was a kind and mischievous individual, who dutifully does his job to the best of his abilities... his name is also Stone Cold.

True nature plus name, very well then.

"That will be it for now, the minor objects I am giving outright, however I am going to examine the major ones until I find their exact uses." I stared at him for a second and then remembered he couldn't leave till I looked away, I did so... and looked back.

There was only an empty doorway left.

For my first meeting with a being from another world, it was certainly tame at least.

I closed the door after him and gathered up the items of power that were on the floor, on an impulse I put the both of them around my neck, they weren't heavy thankfully enough, and tucked behind the folds of my cloak, hidden from sight. I would not wish for anyone to see me with such a gaudy piece, wooden amulets are what I look for.

I thanked Killjoy silently, and began writing a letter.

Due to the exhausting day I hadn't posted the answer for the riddle, so I quickly wrote 1: The Letter 'V' Into the answers and threw it into the fireplace, where it disappeared with a poof. Prophet was getting a new letter.

I then made my way to bed, tidying away the excess ingredients and instruments I was using beforehand. After shedding my cloak I settled into the warm and musty blankets, and began drifting off to sleep...

...

I sat up immediately, my ears twitched and rotated from the top of my head, I held a breath.

There was something not right...

I got up from bed and donned my cloak once again along with my bags, slowly I walked around the edges of the walls, trying to listen carefully as I sneaked around the doorway.

I peeked through into my 'cooking' room, the fireplace smoldering after I had put it out. My ears perked again, straining to listen in suspicion... The loud pelt of rain was obvious, but there was something happening, dull thuds echoed throughout the night, hidden by the storm enough that a normal being would likely have forgot about it.

I was not a normal one, I had paranoia shaped from a world of prejudices, and a mind sharp from my continued experiences.

My instinct was the only premonition I placed my faith in.

I turned my head slightly towards the dull thump of something out in the night, and yawned-

I bit down on that thought, as my mind was beginning to get weary, I lifted a hoof to my chest in order to touch one of my many amulets, only to slump to the ground before I could...

The last thing I saw before my eyes closed was my door being broken open, and figures moving towards me...

And then, darkness took me.