• Published 22nd Jan 2015
  • 730 Views, 140 Comments

My Little Witch - PoisonJoker09



As a new pony settles into the life of Ponyville, we have a peek into her strange life and activities, as she observes and causes some of the problems that happen in the area.

  • ...
2
 140
 730

Green Turns to Gold

The days had been passing without much notice recently...

I had managed to put Archmage's special facilities to good use, and already had an array of ingredient's to choose from, he had promised to store them for me and offered to do that same for the ones I had on 'hand', his own words, but I couldn't let him handle them due to my better judgement. I'd rather have my them here ready to use and liable to be discovered than in another dimension and not being able to utilize them on the fly.

For now, they will stay where they are, I prefer them within reach.

Now that the continuous storms and rainfalls, it's fast approaching autumn, the leaves are dulling and dying on their branches yet still hanging on stubbornly, awaiting for the 'Running of the Leaves' to help their detachment and fall properly.

For this season I had managed to commit myself to a routine, I avoided Rainbow and Twilight respectively due to the past problems and suspicions put upon me. Applejack surprisingly has kept up to her promise of not investigating me, and even kept up the facade by trying to engage in small talk, I indulged her every now and then but it was obvious I was not the only one finding it awkward overall.

But we kept civil and away from each others business, so in the end that was all that mattered.

I was in the middle of a potion testing frenzy, as I said before, I had made an array of ingredients to choose from, already such creatures like 'goblins' and 'Werewolves' were a prime source of animal product, while other plants such as 'Death Cap Mushroom' and 'Belladona' were a promising base to start with, I had began testing right away.

First of all, I had used 'Bloodgrass', a type of weed that had a very strong iron taste around it, seemingly like blood, and unnervingly it looked like it was splattered with the very fluid it was named after. I used it in an array of healing mixtures and found that it had made them more robust when healing injuries.

Then there was something that was under a plethora of names, one being wolfsbane, and could make an incredibly powerful sleeping potion with the normal recipes applied, however under my hoofs it quickly became a very powerful poison.

It had been a long day, and with autumn coming in, I was finding little reasons to not to be inside the Everfree at one point or another, once or twice I even managed to stop by the house of Zecora, mind not exactly going out of my way, I stumbled on it the first time and we exchanged pleasantries. Nothing amounted to more than an exchange of information.

I find myself... envious at the moment. It is clear that The Archmage has reached the peak of power I once held. I almost see a small bit of my former self in him. Why is it that every near all powerful beings wears masks? for me at least, it is for a medical reason, but it is such a common trope. Perhaps it just helps us to forget what we've left behind in the pursuit of greater power.

To be honest I didn't get the impression he was hiding himself... but, I suppose it does lend to some interesting thinking. Also, hello once again Machina.

Hmmm, another parallel world where Nightmare Moon won over Celestia. And a completely barren wasteland to boot. Even the wendegos have starved to death.

That is ever so frightening of a prospect... but I think you mispelled the word, it's 'Windigoes' here. It is rather interesting you all know these different realms of existence... Nightmare Moon was vanquished here, yet in another realm she has ceded control. It makes me curious about the different words that exist already. As I ponder this, I looked outside the open window, watching as another leaf breezed inside and landed inside the pot I set out.

One down, another forty-four natural fallen leaves to go.

I always get the grim worlds when I'm in a grim mood it seems. It makes a good metaphor for my next point. Most of us higher beings, are not truly gods. We may exist at a magnitude of power greater than most mortals in the many worlds, but there are always higher beings out there. Even I, Made an honorary Deus by the fates themselves, am still mortal. Everything we make, is only ever temporary

A sad existence... I suppose in the grand scheme of things, outliving your creations is saddening, since you have a long life, all of them weigh more heavily on your frame.

I hope Archmage never has to see his worlds fall like mine did. He has done great good with his power, seeing his work destroy itself would most likely crush his spirit.

Don't think of me as callous, but I would think anything that would destroy something under his control would be the more pressing issue at hand.

I tried to solve that little problem with immortality once; having to say farewell to those you care for. I turned a wasteland into a utopia, made the residents immortal, elevated them to the same height of power I held. I believed myself to have finally triumphed over fate's hold. Others looked at my kingdom and only saw an abomination to be wiped out. My subjects, against my wishes, chose to destroy themselves, and the invaders with them. In a single night, the world of Nexus was reduced to barren ruins.

...

This level of power is a curse, and there are many who are willing to do anything they can to ease the pain of such an existence. Some chose madness, others oblivion, while I have always tried to be a voice of reason.

Hmm, indeed.

Perhaps this is why we all wear masks, because we could not bear to see ourselves as we truly are.

That is likely... such an affliction with immortals is present makes me glad that I made peace with a more mortal one.

Bah, look at me, I've gone and spouted a soliloquy, are there any cliché's I've missed using?

I think you forgot to say 'woe is me' somewhere.

I feel I have overstrained my self in trying to reach your world Scry. I'll have to cease my efforts for the time being. For now, I'll close with this. All life is a story, with everyone having their own part to play. What is fiction for one realm, is reality for another. While an author may guide the plot of a story, the characters will always have free will. We all seek good stories, to find that small bit of happiness to light the way. Be the one to give that light.
Machina.

Hmm, a good saying I suppose.

With that, there was only forty-three leaves left, they had been thankfully falling steadily, but slowly, a vast majority would still find itself waiting for ponies to help shake them off the trees.

Dear Fortuny.

What format of messaging are you going to stick to Voidwalker?

Most of us immortals thinking like mortals because we were all mortal once...or raised by mortal when we were "born".

Development trumps origin, with a longer lifespan and the right circumstances, people can change drastically from what they once were. For Immortals, the first century could be seen as their childhood.

Machina is some what right with his talk about masks and what not I suppose.

It's not absolute, but it is worthy to note there are a number of people that have such a facade to them.

Talking about Machina...Those of us who still retain some common sense will not claim to be all powerful God...That is the fastest way to fall from grace.

It's not so much as proclaiming yourself above all other mortals, as it is demanding for things, it doesn't stop at sacrifices, any type of 'god ' that asks for tributes are usually going to not turn out well. Even the benevolent ones, eventually people will ask 'why are we doing this'.

To answer your question from several previous "chapters" about what do shipping gods have to do with your love life... Here is a song. It is more about the other meaning of the term "shipping" or "I ship it".

I'm pretty sure you're smart enough to make out what shipping is and what shipping gods does aside from the usual transportation. Here's a hint: It can be both canon and non-canon to be considered shipping.

I grit my teeth as the thumping and annoying synthetic sounds pounded into existence once again, thankfully I wasn't asleep when it was inside my dreamscape directly, it grated horribly on my ears as the sounds drifted. Then the voice came in and started singing the lyrics once again.

...Late night... s-smut!?

Canon? I, whhuuuaaaaa-ah-ah-SIBLINGS?! T-TWINcesT?!

I-I, ga, UH, eh?!

O...T, P...shipping...urg...

Gay...B-bromance...uh...uhhh

I...I need a minute, I, what...uh-

//Voidwalker! You broke her mind! Dammit, now I need to reset the damn thing, hold on.//

...Was something supposed to happen?

...I feel like something should have happened...hm...well, there have been some sort of problems with these posts.

//Don't break my characters! The story needs her mind at least a little innocent and keeping the facade of stoic.//

Oh, and here is a search engine on the hard-light panel I'm giving you for the time being so you can search for the meaning of certain terms...You will know how to use it as soon as you touch it. I will take it back when I need it...

A orange square appeared on the table, I grabbed it as I walked by, no longer surprised at how these things appeared anymore. I decided to look up shipping and of course, it said how it was a method of trading goods across naval vessels... and, an internet term for wanting to see two characters, fictional or otherwise, in a romantic relationship?

...Ah...now I understand that comment made before...urg.

I prepared the 'search engine' for the rest of his message.

About Archmage and gauss rifles...Huh...Those sound a lot like C-14 Impaler gauss rifle from Starcraft universe.

...'Gauss rifles', otherwise known as 'coilguns'... projectile accelerator...electromagnet? Ferromagnetic?

...These are too advanced to describer, I lack the base knowledge to make sense of these.

'Starcraft' shows a number of results, one being a realm that takes place among the stars, with chaos and order battling one another, as well as aliens and different creatures that are numerous, attacking a race similar to Archmage and Amedo. It look like a very gory battle... that is the nature of war I suppose.

They can hit anything accurately at 2 km away...and punch through several meters thick normal steel armor and about 2 inches of neo-steel armor at 30 shots/sec and with 500 "spikes" capacity...Heck, the thing can even shoot down super/hyper-sonic fighter jets several kilometers up in the sky with a decent aiming system usually found in neo-steel combat armor of the Terran infantry...
I sound like a weapon saleman...

...I'm not searching up any of that, I'm just going to move on.

For the statement about seeing your story like a book. As stated before Scryny. Some of us view the stuff that has been happening quite literaly like a novel/book/whatever-it's-called with pictures and coversation bubbles or all text with no picture.

Grand, so it seems that life has become near casual to you entities, how quaint.

And the fact that there are several Authors from several universes writing about it now doesn't help.

...I'm suddenly growing dull to this idea of my privacy meaning nothing.

As for what we do doesn't make any sense...I'm very tempted to quote Discord and say "What fun is there in making sense?" But, the truth is...Insanity. How we handled that result in what you see.

...I'm not sure about taking advice from someone who is well known for breaking anything resembling structure or integrity. He is force of nature, and decided to be a villain, it's in his very existence to disrupt anything that might seem like it stays in one place too much, even if that means flourishing kingdoms, if they are stagnant in changes, chaos on the whole, is all about that. It isn't good, but too much of it is just as bad as too much of it can make the world fall apart.

Oh, Archmage. Since you're a "God-Emperor"...You don't happend to know anything about Eldar, Tyranid, Ork, sorry excuse for chaos gods and some other? Because that title sound extremely familiar...

More gods of chaos... thank Moss that they only have one confined to one universe usually.

By the way...I have been wondering...Is afterlife equal with being dead or is it just another life...an immortal life...and that we only truly dead when we disappear from existence...Just like this little guy here who have been chained up and about to receive his oblivion...I serve the Lord of Darkness. I die for the Lord. You will soon met your end. Your world will so-. And he is removed from existence. Welp, that is annoying. Those are rather bad last words for someone who served the big bad Lord of Darkness.

...Could you message me when you aren't in the cusp of raising an army, or in the middle of battle, or interrogation? It just makes me all the more confused at the situation at hand.

Bah! I don't have any wise to crack this time so I will just leave you with this.
-Voidwalker-

A violin and piano playing relaxing music started, I sighed and turned my attention back the the leaves.

...This... is going on for a while?

...It's, the same song... played over...and over...

...


...Two... hours...the same song...for, two, hours...

Thankfully, there happened to be a lot more leaves in the pot now... only 22 more to go...

How could relaxing music somehow get grating at some point?

I rubbed my head and got out an ice pack from the fridge, placing it onto my head and sighing.

What a very...ssspecial little realm you have here, Misss Ssscry Fortune

...Let me guess, your a snake?

It intriguesss me and my Ssslithering Kinsssmen.

Hmm, as predicted.

The Passst, Presssent and Future are all so clouded to usss that we simply mussst watch you!

...Well... I am not one to question hobbies, but that wording is...

Your tale is quite amusssing thusss far, Ssscrying one.

I wouldn't call it 'amusing' on this side of the tale.

Asss a token of our... Newfound Friendssship, let usss give you a gift.

I wasn't aware we had a friendship, I just met you... but, that isn't anything new with the ponies in this town. Suddenly, a golden flash appears on the table, I snatch it up once again, a blue substance was inside...smelled like alcohol.

All we asssk in return isss that you alwaysss keep it with you.
Upon finding yourssself in a dire sssituation, sssmash the flasssk, and you will be granted the gift of sssmoke and mirrorsss.

A useful escape route...I'll use it when the situation calls for such a retreat.

Good Wissshesss upon you, Missss Fortune.
~A

Very well 'A', I will take your gift in good will.

And with that, fifteen leaves are left. hmm, a bunch of them must have clumped together.

Now, looking through the rest of these, it would be prudent to-

I stopped suddenly, confused as a whistling sound was slowly getting loud-

I jumped back as the pot that was sitting on the counter, suddenly was flying to the other end of the room, spinning as it went. I blinked... and focused on the multicolored object that was the cause of the sudden intrusion inside my house. It was a hoofball... all the colors of the rainbow...

...And so, I have somebody to complain to for this incident, great...

I suppose I should at the very least return it.

...Is it a sad coincidence that the pony I had to blame, was of course the one that likely had the worst relationship with me, urg.

Well, no rest for the wicked.

Author's Note:

Okay, I won't be able to give out updates like candy, but I can do my best to make sure they at least come out once a week or something like that. But, I've had a history of lagging...so, nag me in a PM if I do, just to get me motivated see?