• Published 22nd Jan 2015
  • 729 Views, 140 Comments

My Little Witch - PoisonJoker09



As a new pony settles into the life of Ponyville, we have a peek into her strange life and activities, as she observes and causes some of the problems that happen in the area.

  • ...
2
 140
 729

Honesty is not MY Policy

Honesty is not MY Policy

If I wasn't a calmer being, I would have been vastly insulted and violated that my privacy had been disturbed by somepony I had invited into my own home.

But, I came to expect that everypony had that curious edge about them, when something is strange or unusual, they can't help but peak through a window or glance inside an open door.

It wasn't being disrespectful, or spiteful in any way, it was a reaction, a habit that seemed to be the corner in anypony's mind.

You could certainly say that Applejack, with her blatant violation of my secrecy, deciding to investigate an obviously private sanctum, would be the obvious exception.

But again... I have come to accept, that no matter what town I come to, there won't ever be a pony that truly trusts me, even then, not for long.

"Applejack." She froze, and muttered what I could tell had Rainbow's name in it, likely 'praising' her efforts to distract me.

"Pinkie is having a celebration... I think it would hurt her feelings if you were to not in attending."

She grit her teeth and turned to me, and pointed at the trapdoor.

"And what does this here door lead to?"

"It goes to my extra soup supplies, a musty place where I would prefer you didn't mess in, some of them are expensive, hard to procure and also fragile. I don't trust you enough to handle them in any way, so I would appreciate you not going down there."

"If it's just your supply cellar, why is the entrance all tucked away under a carpet like ya'll have somethin' to hide?"

"Maybe because I don't like ponies going into it because they think they are so important and the paragon of truth that they have to investigate every bit of my private life." I walked up next to her and looked into her eyes, "Or maybe I should just leave it open, it certainly doesn't seem to prevent the ones lacking in common decency and sense."

She glared back, and for the moment we locked eyes for a time...

My hoof came up and closed the door.

"Now let us go back to the festivities, Pinkie will be missing us."

She held her gaze on me for a second more, and then brushed past me, I watched her go as she went through the doorway, she didn't give a glance back as her tail disappeared.

I looked back at the trapdoor, and immediately placed the carpet (folded up against the wall) over it.

The color seemed to dull, and my eyes suddenly drifted away from it unbidden, as long as you didn't know it was there, you shouldn't be able to see it as anything but the last thing you were looking for.

So how did Applejack...

Element of Honesty, magical force that subtly affects the aura of the bearers...

And the element are already becoming a rather strange problem, it is no coincidence that Applejack with Honesty was able to see through an illusion I created to hide the truth.

That is going too be troublesome if I need to conceal something, i suppose the traditional 'stuff it into a floorboard' could work.

For now... it is time to 'enjoy' the-

"PARTY!"

I jumped, the loud voice in the other room had broken into my thoughts, confused, I stared at the wall.

"... Pinkie Pie is throwing a-

"PARTY!"

I jumped again, and stared at the wall even longer.

...

Indeed... Pinkie Pie is a very unpredictable pony... that much is easy to tell.

And I think I won't ever be able to truly understand her.

Yet again, with so many other forms of magic in the world, perhaps Pinkie is a unique type, I am willing to put that under as the official explanation until something else says differently.

I walk back into the room and I could tell from the rather challenging look directed from Rainbow that she was clearly on Applejack's side, the rest seemed oblivious there actually was a conflict what-so-ever.

I simply breathed in and began to endure the next few hours of Pinkie Pie and tense atmosphere.

Surprisingly, it was only the former, since Pinkie seemed to have a sixth sense when it came to unhappy moments, and interrupted them immediately.

I don't know whenever to be grateful or exasperated.


"This was nice, thank you for letting us into your home, the Summer Sun Celebration after Nightmare Moon was alright, but there was so many ponies there saying thank you that I didn't really get to enjoy myself." Twilight gave a large smile, "A small party like this was very enjoyable."

"It is nothing, thank you for being a good guest Twilight Sparkle," I formally bowed to her and she awkwardly laughs.

"Please, I get enough of that being Celestia's student, call me Twilight."

"Very well Twilight."

She shook my hoof and walked away, Spike not far behind, he turned to me and gave a small wave, and walked back after Twilight.

"YES! It was the BEST PRIVATE PARTY EVER!" Pinkie jumped out with a grin, "And don't you worry! I'll make sure to invite you to any other big PARTY I'm planning, doesn't matter if your all out here by your lonesome!"

"Joy... thank you for the bother Pinkie."

"No bother at all Scry-Scry, anything for a friend!" She then hopped away happily, and then turning mid jump, continuing her movement backwards to wave at me as she disappeared over the hill.

"That goes for me too darling, I can not simply let you live in such a plain setting, I will be sure to come within a week with the new decor for your home, it will look marvelous when I'm done with it."

"Thank you... just make sure it isn't so, aesthetic that it isn't comfortable to live it."

"Ah... very well then, I suppose diamonds wouldn't be the best material for practical living."

And with that, she disappeared.

Rainbow flew out and gave me a glance.

"Seeya." And then she was gone, a strong breeze hitting my face on the way out.

"T-thank you for everything..." Fluttershy said, her face downcast, "And... I hope you'll fit fine in Ponyville... if you want to that is..."

"... Thank you for your concern."

"...eeee." With a small squeak, Fluttershy walked off slowly.

And when her pink tail went over the hill, I breathed in, and exhaled, and turned to look at the orange mare who purposely stayed behind. Her face was set and she was giving me a scowl, we simply stood there for a few seconds, simply sizing up each other.

"I suppose you have something to say? After all, nearly causing a disruption in the middle of your friends... gathering, all to get my attention and talk to me after the... event. I would be disappointed if you didn't."

She gave a rough snort and looked me in the eye, "Now look here Scry, I have a good judge of character, and even if you seemed like an alright pony then, I just can't trust one that keeps her hoof to her chest so much that it looks like it was stuck on with sap. So I'll say this once..."

Her forehead presses against mine aggressively, "If I see ya do anything to the ponies here in Ponyville, and especially to any of ma' friends, then I can tell ya that there ain't no forest thick enough to hide you when I come after you, ya got that?"

It stayed like this for a second, and I took the moment to relax by feeling her aura and closing my eyes from the world, it was a leisure like activity and habit I picked up, it always managed to sooth me.

Her own aura was smooth and shiny, crisp and sturdy, from the outside it was appealing, going deeper showed nothing different, it's vessel never shifted and never moved from it's place. Showing she was stubborn and honest.

"I assure you Applejack, that if I was to ever run, and you were to ever to chase after me." My eyes snapped open, looking fiercely into her own, the nerves of my face felt stained, I felt... irritated, she flinched, I didn't care "I would not take you lightly... and I will not show any mercy... don't call me a pony ever again, if you aren't going to accept me as such."

She stepped back a few steps, shocked slightly from my hostile attitude, I settled my face into a cold icy glare. Applejack turned away and walked off, trying to preserve her dignity, and disappeared over the hill.

I stood outside my house, for a few seconds... and simply walked inside.

I needed to sleep... it was too late for this.

Author's Note:

Thought I'd add some emotion, WOOOOooooooOOOOOOO!!!
Did it work? Red color means anger I think

Hope you enjoyed this chapter, next time, we will be going about Scry's daily life in Ponyville, any questions you want to ask her? Well now that the pace of the story is casual, she should be able to relax and, well, answer anything you ask...
Not ANYTHING however, spoilers get it?