• Published 17th Apr 2016
  • 7,535 Views, 1,352 Comments

The Many Destinies of Sunset Shimmer - ratedoni



The rules of the game have changed; now, the multiverse has been born, but it is in danger of being extinguished. One spark can create a storm and one Sun is the key to survival.

  • ...
33
 1,352
 7,535

PreviousChapters Next
Burn my Dread 01

Like many nights before, the clock at the top of the tower signaled that Midnight had arrived and that it was probably a little too late for several girls to stay up that late. Said girls didn’t even thought twice before walking in the direction of the school they attended in the morning. Many teenagers would think twice to even get close to a place like school, at least outside of class time. Usually those that did visit school at night didn’t have the best intentions in mind.

Things weren’t as straightforward as you may think, as the six friends gathered their courage and walked right to the front of door of Canterlot High. As usual since they started their adventure together, they all felt the dark and bizarre energy emanating from behind the door. How could a simple door give that feeling? Well, first you have to understand that Canterlot High usually didn’t have a bell tower. The aforementioned ivory new annex to their school had been appearing for the last couple of nights scaring the hell out of Sunset who had been working alongside Principal Celestia on one of her experiments around the magic in Canterlot High.

That night both Principal and student were using the different machines in the special room, finding that although Principal Celestia and princess Celestia did share similarities in the thaumaturgical aura aspect, that didn’t mean the human Celestia could use those powers. Finding the results conclusive both decided to finish for the day but as soon as Celestia had closed the doors of the school, they were shocked beyond measure after hearing the bell announce the night. They both stood rooted to their place as they both watched the impossible bell tower growing at one side of the school. Thankfully Sunset’s cellphone had been capable of recording such a bizarre event.

Sunset’s phone, after saving a picture of said tower began to malfunction for a couple of seconds before it simply fizzed out. Thinking that the bell tower was more important than the device, she then spend the next few minutes trying to find an entrance or anything at all to gain access into the tower. Thinking about that later, Sunset realized how foolish she had been that first night; she should had called the rest of her friends to have some magical backup in case anything more bizarre happened. And indeed had happened.

Not finding anyway in which she could enter the bell tower, Principal Celestia then suggested they should try from the inside of the school. Next second the doors were closed for the second time as both student and principal stood looking at each other not quite believing what they just had seen behind those doors.

Usually they would have found rows of locker rooms and a hallways leading to different classrooms but Celestia and Sunset would tell you that they had seen something else. Behind the doors they had found a long ice cave full of stalactites and an ominous feeling of being observed. Quickly the doors had been closed and both women continued to look at each other, both reaching the same conclusion. Weird things were happening once again.

Opening the doors one more time they now saw that the cave was now a street full of tall buildings and neon signs. Closing and opening one more time they saw a gothic cathedral. One more time and it was what seemed like a Japanese school -at least according to Principal Celestia who knew that from second hand; apparently Luna was very into anything related to Japan-. In the end, both women let the doors in peace and decided that right now it was too dangerous to do anything right then.

Next morning came and Sunset wasn’t surprised when the bell tower had disappeared, even the inside of the school had returned to what it was. It was quite the conundrum for the redhead who had already talked with her friends about what had just happened. She even tried to show them the picture of the bell tower now that her phone was working again; instead, they all were surprised about a new app that had appeared overnight.

“What in Tartarus name is a Persona?” Sunset asked to herself, watching the Persona Watcher app in her phone.

Sadly she wasn’t capable of checking the app as they were surprised when they were called to the Principal’s office. Sunset was already used to something like that but poor twilight almost had an aneurism as she continued to say all the disturbing things that could have happened. Just like being expelled from school due to a bad grade or being asked to return to Crystal Prep. It was clear to say that Fluttershy was capable of making Twilight let go of Sunset’s arm due to how scared and nervous she had become.

Shaking the numbness from her arm -Twilight had the grip-, Sunset started talking with Principal Celestia getting all the worst shock of all, especially Rainbow when the principal told them what had happened. Apparently one of the students had disappeared last night close to the midnight; worst of all was that the student in question was none other than Scootaloo.

Rainbow was close to tear down the whole school in search of the young girl; thankfully the others were capable of stopping her in time before it became something bigger. Apparently this wasn’t the first time Scootaloo hadn’t come back home, something to do with nightmares and depression but apparently Celestia had an idea of what had happened.

Putting two and two together Sunset quickly realized that the principal meant the bizarre clock tower that had appeared out of nowhere. Thinking about Sunset also had some questions about the strange event and everyone quickly reached the conclusion of visiting the strange place in search of Scootaloo.

That was the reason why all the girls were in front of school as the bell signaled midnight, all of them nervous, not knowing what would happen or even if Scootaloo was in there. Somehow they knew that behind the door they will find the lost girl. Rainbow herself was ready to tear into something, but Sunset was nervous. She didn’t know what would happen and the entire situation was bizarre and more than a little dangerous.

Gathering all the courage she could, Sunset flung open the doors. It was a mistake as a dark energy suddenly sucked the six girls inside the school. Next time Sunset opened her eyes she was completely lost inside the cathedral she had seen before, none of the other girls with her. She barely had time to move before something tried to tackle her from her side. If she hadn’t moved she would have been impaled by the weird creature with blades instead of arms.

Call me forth; Use your reflection to gaze upon Persona.

A voice said in her head and without even realizing it Sunset had her phone out and in the new app. Holding the cellphone in front of her she realized that what she was seeing in the screen was herself, and with a flash she felt a change, as if part of her was finally coming to the front. At the next second a figure became corporeal. A small little blonde girl with big blue eyes and a white dress floated in front of her.

“You… I get it; you are my Persona, my inner power. You are Hel,” The little girl smiled before both human and Persona got ready to fight against the creatures inside that weird place and rescue a young girl. “So I summon you with a selfie, well, at least it is something less dangerous like shooting myself.”

PreviousChapters Next