• Published 17th Apr 2016
  • 7,534 Views, 1,352 Comments

The Many Destinies of Sunset Shimmer - ratedoni



The rules of the game have changed; now, the multiverse has been born, but it is in danger of being extinguished. One spark can create a storm and one Sun is the key to survival.

  • ...
33
 1,352
 7,534

PreviousChapters Next
Call me Beep me 01

Call me, Beep me 01

If you asked anyone that studied in Middleton high School who was the most famous student the opinions would be divided 50/50, and much to the consternation of one Bonnie Rockwaller, both of them were redheads.

First you had the clean cut, girl-next-door, all American Sweetheart (at least in the opinion of one magazine) Kim Possible, hero for hire and local celebrity that did every rescue or mission pro-bono and who had gathered a huge number of fans around the world.

On the other corner, well, the redhead that caused the most headaches and trouble around Middleton was not what you may call nice, in fact, the word was probably erased from her dictionary with a flame thrower. She was tough as nails, in your face, confrontational, no-nonsense and a no sugar coating mouth. Many considered her the darker version of Kim although both of them denied the comparison.

The worst part in their opinion? Both of them were grade A students, top grades in the school and both maintained a healthy record of school activities, Kim as a cheerleader and Sunset sometimes helped Middleton High School’s sports clubs when they needed help so even in school with both of their accomplishments there were comparisons between them.

Something else was the way they dressed, and it seemed to accentuate the differences more than the similarities between the two with Kim using safer, teen clothes from Club Banana, or as Sunset called it, Future Suburban Mom Factory. Meanwhile, Sunset was seen always with her by now trademarked leather jacket, miniskirts and shirts with the emblem of the sun on them, and mercy to the unlucky soul that did something to her jacket, just ask Bonnie and Brick about what happened the first week of High School when they both threw a milkshake over Sunset.

Brick still had the scars to prove why messing with Sunset was a bad idea.

“Well, here comes trouble at six o’clock” were the words that the fashionista named Monique uttered that morning as the students of Middleton High began to shuffle their way into the dreaded building known as school; Ron Stoppable then looked at the clock on his phone confused.

“How do you know trouble will start at six? I mean is almost eight in the morning” the blonde said making the redhead behind him swear that he was the reason why there were blonde jokes.

“She is using clock position, six o’clock means behind you” she didn’t say it but the word ‘moron’ seemed to be attached at the end of the phrase, either way her words made Ron almost jump in the air and turn around so fast Sunset thought for a moment he was going to do a faceplant.

“SUNSET!” the aforementioned girl had to smirk seeing the desired reaction from Ron and how even the naked mole rat on his pocket seemed to be amazed by the reaction of his owner and how fast he had spin around.

“Well, it took you five seconds to see I was behind you, it usually takes you five minutes, you are getting better” she said with the smirk still in place enjoying how she was capable of making Ron shiver in fear and surprise, although it wasn’t that difficult, you just had to say the words ‘Monkey Attack’ close to him to make him scream in fear and dive for the closest safe spot.

“With how much you like to tease the poor guy I would think you liked him if IDKYA sister” the dark skinned girl said with one eyebrow raised at the shenanigans her friends were part of first thing in the morning.

“What did she said?”

“’If I didn’t know you already’ apparently, Monique, what did I tell you about shortening every single sentence?” Sunset simply sighing at the fashionista’s propensity to make acronyms at every opportunity.

“You have the badass biker chick fashion and attitude and I have my own style, TYVM” Monique responded with her classic aplomb and confidence that made Sunset smile in earnest; it was hard to find someone in Middleton that could not only take Sunset’s attitude but could also give back as well and in this case Monique and Sunset had forged a bizarre kind of friendship that made the students of Middleton high scratch their heads wondering how it was even possible.

The three of them then noticed another figure walking in their direction and Sunset grinned even wider at what the other redhead was wearing, it was time to have some fun at the expense of the so called ‘basic average girl’.

“Well, look who is here, Miss Panty Flasher” she said making Ron wince and Monique laugh behind her mouth at her words and Kim’s reaction at them. The redheaded hero silently glared at Sunset while it was obvious why the biker girl made fun of her; she had the Middleton High cheerleader uniform on which was a clear indication that there was a game today.

“Will you quit it with that nickname already? I have never flashed my panties, I always wear bloomers under the cheerleading skirt”

“That doesn’t matter to the guys in the school, they still wait for those flips and twirls every game” Sunset said making the other redhead fume and while she wanted to answer back Kim knew it was a lost battle so instead she opened her locker to get her books and the action also activated the screen inside showing a portly young boy with a big soda cup on his hand.

“Hey Kim”

“Please Wade, tell me you have good news for me” she said wanting something good after having to deal with Sunset this early in the morning.

“Sorry Kim, I haven’t found information about Dr. Drakken’s plot yet but I’m sure there will be something about it soon, meanwhile I found out some rumors on the net about Monty Fiske and how he is tracking the location of another monkey temple”

“Oh come on, is he still trying to find more of that monkey power stuff?” Sunset said while Ron quietly shivered at the mention of those demoniac beings.

“Well, apparently he has been cursing Sunset all over the internet; he accuses you of stealing his destiny as the Mystical Monkey Master”

“He shouldn’t have just let those idols in the open then” how was Sunset supposed to know they had magical energy? She had simply touched the idols and absorbed the energy inside and also the energy Monkey Fist had recieved from them, making her the only one with Mystical Monkey Power much to the relief of Ron who shivered at the idea of him having to do anything with monkeys.

“So we can expect Monty to attack soon, call us when you get more information on him”

“Sure can do Kim… oh oh”

“Please tell me that oh oh is because you have no more soda”

“Sunset!”

“What?”

“I said it because there is a hit on the web page”

“So, what’s the sitch?” Sunset groaned loudly at Kim’s catchphrase and how annoying it was for her.

“Apparently Duff Killigan is fighting against an alligator in Florida”

“Okay, I’ll bite the bullet, why is that idiot fighting an alligator?” Sunset asked as confused as the other people present.

“Well, because he is at the Buffalo Creek Golf Course and the alligator lives on it” Wade told them watching the different monitors located inside his room while Kim and Sunset shrugged their shoulders, it wasn’t the weirdest thing they have heard or seen.

“On it, do you have transport for us?”

“Already on its way Kim”

“Have I said that you rock Wade?”

“Not enough times this week” the boy said finishing the call as Kim Possible turned to look directly at Sunset Shimmer.

“What? Oh no, no way in hell I’m going with you guys, Duff Killigan is not my responsibility, I only deal with Monty because he is a lunatic after my head… wait… what are you doing? Not the puppy dog pout… okay, okay, I’ll go with you, but only because I find Killigan funny” Sunset finally relented as Kim put away her devastatingly cute weapon. Ron for his part understood how much of an illegal weapon that pout was and simply patted the redhead with a leather jacket on the back.

“Well, what are we waiting for? We are going to Florida, see you later Monique” Kim said running in the direction of the parking lot while the other two members of Team possible followed her (one official the other practically coerced into it).

“If everything goes right I’ll bring you an alligator purse Monique” Sunset said making the dark skinned girl smile knowing that if Sunset said that it was a high probability that it would come true.

PreviousChapters Next