• Published 17th Apr 2016
  • 7,531 Views, 1,352 Comments

The Many Destinies of Sunset Shimmer - ratedoni



The rules of the game have changed; now, the multiverse has been born, but it is in danger of being extinguished. One spark can create a storm and one Sun is the key to survival.

  • ...
33
 1,352
 7,531

PreviousChapters Next
Fist of the Red Sunset 01

Fist of the Red Sunset 01

Fluttershy once asked me if I missed the fields of Equestria, if I missed the fresh air or the hills full of green and I still have the same answer for that, I cannot even remember Equestria; the arid world I live in and the destruction around me has made it impossible to remember anything about the world I was born into.

The only thing that I remember is the face of Celestia, the moment she saw me with the book, the moment she understood how much I have fallen and then… I guess I think of her disappointment in me, of how much time lost in someone like me.

So I can only walk, this endless desert the only witness to what I am and sometimes I find myself in situations like this, people in trouble, people taking advantage of others, the same everywhere, people trying to survive and create a new society and then those who believe that is time for the jungle law, that the strong gets everything; sure, as if I would let vermin like them feel as if they could anything they wanted.

So there I was once again in the middle of everyone’s problems, everywhere the same but this time I suppose it can be a little different, with me almost dehydrated and with no idea where to go or what to do, I suppose I was ready to let myself go and end it all, but I guess you continue looking out for me, right Fluttershy? Still not letting me go to the place where you are.

And here I am, with no idea where I am and behind bars, I suppose is a big advantage that I still have my clothes, last time I found someone trying to take my pants off I was surprised with how much blood you could take from a person without killing them.

After a glass of water I found myself without much to do in the cell, besides nothing much to do to pass my time I was alone on it so there was no one to talk or to annoy whatever the case may be, I just enjoy doing that to people from time to time. Guess it was time to play the waiting game from now on. Thankfully I was saved by the presence of a blonde girl looking at me as if I was a weird bug, maybe I am after all.

“Is there a problem officer?” Like I said, I like to annoy people.

“I don’t get it” she said looking at me “I don’t get it, you are not wearing any of the usual gang’s items so why are you here?”

“Okay, that sentence made no sense at all.”

“You are a woman.”

“I feel the need to say, ‘well, duh’ at this point of the conversation.”

“Well, excuse me for being surprised for seeing a woman that was found alone in the desert with no signs of torture or anything like that beyond dehydration, so that can only mean you are a gang's whore,” well, that was definitely way out, there was no choice but to laugh loud and hard at her.

“You think I prostitute myself for protection? Oh boy, that was a good joke, what if I told you I need no one to protect me? What if I told you I can do it myself?”

“I’ll say you are lying.”

“Well, that’s so sad; no wonder every single one of you is a tasty morsel to the wolves outside.”

“Care to repeat that?”

“Like I said, all of you live their lives in such fear of everything outside your little walls that you become fully paranoid, is like the story of the cavemen being scared of the shadows on the wall thinking they are monsters when is just another person with a fire pit, I bet sooner or later someone inside this village is going to betray you.”

“Applejack, why are you still here?” another voice, this one younger, came from the jail’s door; it is weird to find a kid these days, everything is so hectic and dangerous.

“Sweetie Belle, don’t come to this place, it is dangerous, wait… why are you bringing food to the prisoner?” so her name was Sweetie Belle.

“I’m not going to let someone die from hunger just because you and Rainbow think everyone that arrives is a monster,” the bicolored kid said before putting a tray with a couple of vegetables and bread outside of the cell for me to get to the food, seems like someone has some manners in this place “here you go, I’m sorry about this, but there is not much I can do about it, the village leader can be such a scaredy cat.”

“Is okay kid, these days everybody starts thinking about themselves first,” I said putting one of the sliced carrots on my mouth, it felt nice to eat something fresh or semi fresh for the first time in who knows how long “so your name is Sweetie Belle?”

“Yup, so what’s yours?”

“… Wow… I don’t remember the last time someone asked me that, but is Sunset Shimmer kiddo, thanks for the food,” I said enjoying the crispiness of the vegetables to the max trying not to see the reaction of Applejack, it would probably sour them.

-----

“Are you sure this is alright? I mean, we are talking about the Zeed gang here.”

“Who else would be involved? I swear to you, this girl will leave this village and peace will be ensured.”

“But what if she has nothing to do with them?”

“It doesn’t matter, it isn’t be the first, it won’t be the last; the only thing that matters is our security.”

-----

There have been so few instances in the last year that I have found the time to properly rest, although this isn’t exactly a five star hotel I have been able to recover sleeping time at least and the best part was that nothing out of Sweetie Belle visiting me or giving me my meals has happened.

But I suppose my vacations had to end someday because I heard something metallic being dragged so that meant that the doors of this village were being opened, guess there were trouble closing in.

-----

There were indeed problems arriving at the small village and it was being followed by the rumble of motorcycles and the dust of the desert making every civilian be scared for their lives; the leader was obvious, it was always the biggest man in the group that gave the orders and took the biggest pillage.

Rainbow was able to find him among the group so she maintained her crossbow aimed at him, one false move and he was dead.

“Well well well, you guys have certainly created a nice haven in here, it would be such a shame if something happened to it,” the man said grinning while getting down from the jeep he was riding while the village leader, a man with a bald head and a big belly, got close to him.

“There is no need for that; we will bring you back your woman.”

“Our woman?

“Yes, we found her in the desert, we will bring her to you so you can leave us alone” but the mountain of a man simply laughed at those words.

“What the fuck are you talking about you idiot? You guys found a woman outside and thought she was a slave? I don’t give a damn who she belongs to but sure, bring her to us.”

“She was telling the truth,” Applejack said at her side and Rainbow felt like a fool, it seems that the woman in the cell was right about many things.

“Then… then take her and leave us alone,” the village leader said making both Rainbow and Applejack be surprised and enraged at the same time.

“What in tarnation? Did he just said what I think he said?”

“You mean offering a slave to those damn monsters so they will leave us alone? Then yes, he did,” Rainbow was so tempted to just shoot at that moment.

“No, I think me and my boys have a better idea, instead of your usual tribute we will simply take everything you have. Don’t think wrong, we love your usual tributes, that last girl, the one with the purple hair? We sold her for a lot of food,” the man said making the two girls’ blood freeze at the declaration, and one little girl reacted even worst.

“Purple hair… Rarity… you told me she had run away! That she had abandoned me… but you sold her to them?!” Sweetie would have killed the man she had once trusted but she was stopped by a huge hand that grabbed her by the neck.

“Tough luck kid, adults always lie, don’t you get it? Is kill or be killed, and seems that he used you like lambs so he will keep on living, but no more, if anybody wants to be a hero and stop us from getting what is rightfully ours I’m going to break her neck! You hear me?” he said squeezing tighter on Sweetie’s neck making Rainbow shake on rage.

“SUNSET!” Just as Rainbow recognized the name Sweetie had screamed as the one of the woman in jail she heard a loud crash and saw the jail door being thrown into the air and a woman wearing blue plants and jacket alongside metal shoulder pads walking in the direction of the huge man, the same woman that was supposedly behind bars.

“I said don’t try to be a hero, so be a good girl and stay there, you hear me? We will play with you later on.”

“You know, I used to hate little kids; that was the case until I met Fluttershy; do you wanna know what I promised to her before she died? I promised her that I wouldn’t let a kid suffer,” Sunset said, her usual smirk completely removed from her face, instead of it there was a dangerous scowl that promised great amounts of pain “Hokuto Shin Ken technique, hundred rending fists,” she calmly said before her arms became a blur, sending hit after hit against the huge man, the sheer speed and power of the attack even made the monstrous man start to float in midair before the last hit send him flying to the ground.

Just as calmly as she had started her attack she put up her arms catching Sweetie Belle and get her to safety, then Sunset turned around and began walking on the direction of the crowd, meanwhile the bandit had rose to his feet.

“Is that supposed to be an attack? It felt more like a fly was flying in front of my face, now I’m gonna have to break you in a thousand pieces!”

“You don’t get it, do you?”

“What are you talking about?”

“You are already dead,” Sunset said with her smirk back on place before the bandit couldn’t comprehend her words, but then his body began to convulse, his muscles grew out of proportion. His head looked like a pumpkin before his whole body exploded in a rain of blood, organs and bones as if a bomb had exploded from the inside of his body “now, before you have the same destiny as your boss I suggest you to run.” she said without turning around, next thing that happened was that the rest of the gang got into their bikes and escaped as fast as their machines let them.

“Sunset… thank you… but Rarity… my sister.”

“Hey kid, grab food and water for us.”

“Why?”

“What do you mean why? We’re going to get your sister back,” Sunset said with the intention of following on the promise that she made to Fluttershy years ago.

PreviousChapters Next