• Published 17th Apr 2016
  • 7,527 Views, 1,352 Comments

The Many Destinies of Sunset Shimmer - ratedoni



The rules of the game have changed; now, the multiverse has been born, but it is in danger of being extinguished. One spark can create a storm and one Sun is the key to survival.

  • ...
33
 1,352
 7,527

PreviousChapters Next
An Ever After Tale 02

I suppose stories need to start with a Once Upon a Time; it is a tradition in this place, or it will become, I have the times a little confused in here, trying to write while at the same time narrate can be quite distracting now that I think about it.

Either way, what you see in front of your eyes is none other than the land of fairy tales; where the next generation of those same characters arrives at school to learn about their roles and gain useful abilities and knowledge about their future jobs… except Damsel-in-Distressing, that class is useless in so many levels.

Usually this would be the time to show you the stories of a royal and a rebel but instead of that, let me show you the Story of a Guardian: Sunset Shimmer.

With that in mind let’s go back to the present, where Sunset Shimmer and her canine companion had finally reached the scholastic building they had been searching for, finding that they weren’t the only ones at its doors; teenagers with hair and clothes similar to hers were milling around without any kind of worry, some of them talking, other using their phones and tablets and Sunset felt strangely relieved to see the usage of technology in this other world.

For someone that had originally come from a world with few technological wonders, the usage of internet and computers have become a daily thing, so much that many hours had been spend playing with codes and wires in search of new usages so the clear indication of similar technology to the one found in CH was a relief.

That relief was soon exchanged by surprise when giant pair of legs walked around without any of the other students batting an eye to the situation.

“Well, I suppose Jack and the Beanstalk is part of this school” Sunset said to Spike while both continued to gawk around the main hall, seeing how similar and yet bizarre this school was compared to their previous one, where to start?

Some girls and boys were seen wearing crowns on their heads, obviously princesses and princes of fairy tales, there were a trio of anthropomorphic pigs walking around, a girl with a flock of sheep, a guy that had transformed into a frog and did she already mention a giant?

“Spike, I’ve a feeling we are not in Canterlot anymore” Sunset said not really sure of where that phrase came from but found it in a way soothing in this place full of wonders and stuff literally taken from a fairy tale.

“Considering that the only place I usually went to before talking were Crystal Prep and the Canterlot City Public Library I’ll take the amazing to the mundane” Spike said in his own doggy wisdom making the young girl smile once again in confidence; quickly deciding that staying there in the middle of the hall would not bring any change or knowledge to the girl they soon began their search for the main office before one of the pigs got very excited about something.

“Is Apple White!” he said, at least Sunset thought it was a he, before falling over making every other student look at the doors; there stood two girls, one a brunette that completely looked like a party girl and the other… was some sort of walking blonde doll that had doves transporting her luggage.

“Who in the yellow brick road is that?” Sunset asked more to herself once more finding a strange phrase come naturally to her; deciding to let that go for now she focused on the girl and found herself a little overwhelmed by the bright colors and how much everyone around her were practically calling for her attention; fortunately the other girl took most of the attention away when she began to socialize letting the blonde girl walk in Sunset’s direction.

Seeing something like that happen Sunset took a look around and saw what she thought was the real target for this Apple White, a blonde boy wearing a crown and a royal jacket reminiscent to those letter jackets Sunset saw at school back home; if you asked Sunset what she thought of those two together she would have probably laughed at how clichéd they looked as the obvious popular kids from a teenage show.

“But your smile is so charming” she heard the girl say and Sunset had to contain her gag, the sugar practically oozed from that voice and Sunset basically felt her teeth rot with so much sweetness.

“Well, you know” that is until that boy finally smiled letting out such a sudden flash of light that let Sunset seeing spots just being capable of hearing the huge crash from the giant boy falling behind her.

“Dude, careful with those, you could leave someone blind” She heard Spike say while blinking her eyes to recover the full usage of her eyes; once they were clear of spots she found out both teenagers gawking downwards at Spike “seriously? You have giants, magic and walking pigs, and you get surprised by a talking dog?” The canine said making Sunsetlaugh at both how much déjà vu it brought her but by how ‘Spike’ the comment was and the sheer incredulity of the other Ever After high students’ reaction to it.

“I’m so sorry, I wasn’t quite expecting that but is so nice to see such a cute dog in the school” Apple said recovering faster than her companion before kneeling down to pet Spike on his head making him give her a doggy grin “I’ve never seen either of you at school before”

“Well, that will be obvious since we are new here” the girl either ignored her comment or didn’t hear the sarcasm in her voice.

“That is so spelltacular! We haven’t had new students here since the Wonderland High students arrived, I am Apple White, daughter of Snow White” the girl said making Sunset shudder for some reason, it was simply involuntary, the girl had been really courteous and warm so why did she feel so much aversion to her? Maybe due to the massive amount of sugar, glitter and peppiness, Sunset hated peppiness “and this is Daring Charming”

“Pleasure to meet you” the boy said about to grin before Sunset’s hand closed his mouth “oh right, too bright, I’ll try to remember not to smile, but is so hard considering this face” he said taking out a hand mirror from out of nowhere. Just as Sunset was wondering the sheer ridiculousness of this first impression another blonde girl arrived, this one holding up a tablet and wearing a blue and white dress with cartoon bears on it.

“Apple White, Daring, is so good to see you, who is your friend?”

“Blondie Locks, I present you a new student in Ever After High, Sunset Shimmer” Apple White said in a voice and mannerisms that reminded Sunset of a British TV series where the host introduced people in a party back in the Victorian era.

“Ah… a pleasure to meet you?” Sunset said feeling a little overwhelmed from all the new faces she have met so far.

“This is going to be hexcellent for my Mirrorcast show; can you tell us what's your role? Talk to the mirror” she said before literally shoving the mirror on her face making Sunset a little uncomfortable with the attention.

“Well, I am, uhm, Dorothy Gale” Sunset said remembering the letter and what role she would have in a retelling according to it; she was quite surprised by the reactions of the other teenagers when they suddenly gasped.

“This is amazing! There hasn’t been an Oz character since forever after!” Blondie said obviously excited by the way she was practically jumping up and down.

“In fact, there hasn’t been any OZ character; this is going to be the best year in Ever After High” Apple said before taking Daring’s arm and walking with him in search of someplace called castleteria, was that how they called the school’s cafeteria? This was definitely weird.

“Oh Good Witch of the South, is this how every day is going to be here?” Sunset said waving a hand over her head in the hopes that whatever glitter and sugar was left behind by that girl will dissipate before she got diabetes, it was ridiculous. Although what was ridiculous were the words she had said before “wait… yellow brick road, good witch of the south, all of those are references to the Wizard of Oz, am I going to be saying those kind of things all the time while I’m here?” she said looking downwards to her animal companion.

“Probably, but look at it on the bright side, at least we’re going to get a lot of material to make fun of” Spike said making Sunset laugh at his showing devious side, he was right, things won’t be very boring if everyone was like the future Fairest of Them All; but just as she and Spike were going to walk in the direction of this called castleteria there was a bolt of dark magic passing by her head before one of the little pigs announced the arrival of another student.

“Is Raven Queen! Run!”

“She is evil!”

“Run everyone!” another student said before there was a literal stampede and suddenly the hallway was deserted with only three humans and a dog were the only ones left. Sunset stood watching the way the dark haired teenager seemed to deflate when it was all over, it just made something hurt inside Sunset to watch that reaction, it reminded her of herself just after the Spring Fling back at CH.

“See, they love you” the other girl, this one having one of the weirdest combinations of hair color, said making her companion further deflate; before Sunset could say a thing the clock of the girl suddenly sprung loose sending gears everywhere before she took out a complete tea set, table and chair out of her own hat, sitting down alongside a small mouse as if nothing was out of the ordinary “YAY! Tea time!”

Sunset knew there was something in the universe, there was no way that after traveling to another universe, one based on fairy tales of all things, she was still capable of finding a girl as random and weird as Pinkie Pie, was it an ability of hers or what?

“Maddie is… a little hard to understand at first, well, a little hard to understand any day of the year really” the dark haired girl said making Sunset come out of her ruminations; she was finally capable of taking on the appearance of the other girl and it seemed so… dark and gothic combined with classic elegance in all the right ways.

“Don’t worry; she just reminded me of a friend of mine back home, just that instead of tea change it for pastries, cupcakes and party paraphernalia”

“I have some problems trying to imagine someone like Maddie”

“Believe me, until arriving here I thought it would be impossible to meet someone like Pinkie Pie; I’m Sunset Shimmer by the way”

“I’m Raven Queen” she said with a sincere smile on her face.

“Yeah, I know, the future barbeque screamed your name, what’s with all that?” Sunset said while she and Raven began to walk in the direction of the castleteria.

“It has always happened since I’m the daughter of the Evil Queen” she said obviously not very proud of her heritage.

“Wait, the Evil Queen from Snow White? Damn, I feel some pity for you, I just met your fairy tale partner and I must say, all that sugar and glitter can kill somebody” she said still reeling from that kind of introduction to Ever After High; obviously Raven Queen didn’t expect that kind of answer.

“Yeah, destiny truly has some problems”

“Problems? Girl, let me tell you about destinies” Sunset said while Spike continued to sit down across Earl Grey the mouse while he continued to hold up his tea cup obviously enjoying the craziness of the school; looking at the way Sunset kept on walking alongside her new friend Spike felt that interesting days and adventures would follow them on this school.

Author's Note:

Hasbro beat me to the whole Sunset Shimmer/Dorothy Gale thing, if you don't know about that go look at the cover of the next MLP comic cover with Sunset and Trixie on it.

PreviousChapters Next