• Published 17th Apr 2016
  • 7,535 Views, 1,352 Comments

The Many Destinies of Sunset Shimmer - ratedoni



The rules of the game have changed; now, the multiverse has been born, but it is in danger of being extinguished. One spark can create a storm and one Sun is the key to survival.

  • ...
33
 1,352
 7,535

PreviousChapters Next
You and me and Pokémon

The grass may not be the perfect thing to use as a mattress, but when one is really tired of every insane thing that could happen on the road, sometimes a little lie down on it can be as therapeutic as most other things, not that Sunset Shimmer had many of those places considering how much time she spend on the go. Either way, having such a nice morning with great weather, clouds that traveled across the blue sky and also a soft breeze that signaled the changing of the seasons, Sunset Shimmer was as comfortable as it was possible and of course, the world wouldn’t want that, because just as she was feeling the sweet song of dreams she felt a little someone nudging her face.

“Ugh, Seven, wet nose!” The teenage girl opened her eyes to see her small companion smiling at her as if he was proud of waking up his master “geez, come here,” pulling him into her stomach, Sunset began to pet the soft and fluffy coat of hair that her companion had. Seven found it therapeutic too because it quickly curled up on top of Sunset’s belly and began to nap “sometimes I envy you,” Was all that Sunset said to the small brown creature before she went back to watching the sky.

The redhead found herself wondering exactly how much her life had changed, since she was not exactly close to anything familiar, not even close. Being so far away from her world was a headache most of the time to the young girl, but beyond some homesickness that affected her on melancholic days, life wasn’t so bad after all. Sunset was enjoying the time spend outside on the road, looking at forests, mountains and lakes, but beyond that, it was the people and the strange and wonderful creatures present in the world she now inhabited that made her think twice about what she had been doing so far.

Sometimes it was difficult, but in the end, she knew she had made the right choice, but sometimes, just sometimes, she could still hear that voice inside of her head. It always made her doubt her choices and always tried to make her go back to the way she was before. To give in into the hate and rage that had consumed her last moments in Equestria.

It was hard to let go of her past and the decisions that brought her into this world, sometimes it was hard and it definitely didn’t help the fact that she was so busy thinking about it. Even so, it was so hard, to think that she was trapped in a spiral; maybe that’s why she wasn’t so against the idea of doing a travel around the region? Maybe it was just so she would be able to run from her problems, but no matter how far she ran, the thoughts were still with her.

As she continued petting her own little furry friend, Sunset felt the small red and white ball clipped into her belt began to shake. At the first shake Sunset thought that it was only her imagination, but once it shake again Sunset knew that she was in trouble. It was all because she began to think about Equestria and her own guilt, not remembering that doing something like that will bring chaos and horrors unimaginable into the world.

Before she could grab the pokeball on her belt, this one left the place where it was clipped and instead began to roll into the grass, then grew up and with the characteristic sound of the device, the contained pokémon was released. As the red light from the release diminished a humanoid form was clearly seen, one that Sunset knew very well since the pokémon in question had accompanied her since the beginning, not that it made Sunset any les scared considering that the problems with that specific pokémon had only grown in size as it continued to evolve and grow stronger.

The pokémon’s red eyes have never been scary or creepy to Sunset, they were just annoying on for the most part and considering how tear filled they were, Sunset knew that even inside the pokeball, the physic type had sensed what was going on inside Sunset’s mind.

Like a bolt, the humanoid looking pokémon threw herself at Sunset’s side and hugged her trainer’s arm as Sunset simply sighed knowing that trying to escape the clutches of the pokémon will be futile.

“I’m fine,” she said to green haired pokémon at her side while this one continued to look at her with puppy dog eyes.

‘You weren’t, I could feel it again, the sadness and guilt,” it would have been strange and even crazy, to be able to talk with a pokémon, but mostly it was the innate powers of the woman-looking pokémon right now glued to her arm, which most of the time was rather annoying. Hearing the soft voice on her head the first time was something that shocked both trainer and pokémon; back when she was still a little cute Ralts, to hear the words right into her mind had send them both into panic, not knowing that it was possible. Since then, Sunset had grown used to the fact that she could talk with one of them and understand what they were saying; it made the travel less lonely; the only bad part is that she basically had no privacy at all.

“It was just the usual, no need to worry.”

‘That you are saying it is usual worries me even more.’

“Yeah well, I think it’s getting better now, I got you guys,” Sunset said petting the Eevee on her bell, making it purr as it continued sleeping. Meanwhile, the cuddling Gardevoir simply put her head on Sunset’s shoulder and enjoyed the warm morning, hoping that her beloved trainer will one day forgive herself.

Sunset simply sighed one more time; she had gotten used to things like this, but still, things weren’t that bad, after all, this was a great world, worthy of being explored, let’s see where the adventure will lead her to. Unlike when she crossed into this world, this time she wasn’t alone and she will find the way back home to amend her mistakes, for now, a nap wouldn’t be so bad.

PreviousChapters Next