• Published 17th Apr 2016
  • 7,533 Views, 1,352 Comments

The Many Destinies of Sunset Shimmer - ratedoni



The rules of the game have changed; now, the multiverse has been born, but it is in danger of being extinguished. One spark can create a storm and one Sun is the key to survival.

  • ...
33
 1,352
 7,533

PreviousChapters Next
The Mystery Shack 01

Author's Note:

Seems that Sunset will spend time in lovely company, hope she survives all the attention, but for now, let's go on and find out what is behind the next door.

Ah, yes, the one filled with monsters and creatures beyond your imagination... and an evil that knows no boundaries, hopefully Sunset and her family will be ready to protect the town of Gravity Falls.

The Mystery Shack 01

Can you smell that? Is the smell of summer and freedom, when kids can play without pressures of school and be free to do whatever their hearts want to do, yeah, that kind of summer? I don’t have it. Because right now instead of spending time in my room or doing whatever else I would like I am being chased by a giant monster alongside my sister while driving a golf cart… don’t worry, mom taught me how to drive one, just… don’t ask, story for another time.

So, introduction time everybody, I’m Dipper, the one at my side that is about to barf is my sister Mabel and right now is not exactly the best moment of the year but I’ll try to explain what is going on.

Okay, my family and I used to live somewhere else but Mom simply packed our things, threw them inside the car, literally threw them inside, and then drove us all the way north here to Gravity Falls Oregon to live with our great uncle Stan, for what I know there is no blood relationship between us but apparently great uncle took care of Mom when she was our age so they are really close, and he also owns a tourist trap called The Mystery Shack. Mom had a huge grin when she saw the cabin, apparently she lived here too.

So I already told you about my family, the only one that isn’t here is Dad… he died long time ago, I don’t even remember him, we don’t even have photos of him, that’s okay I suppose, we DO have Mom and she is great.

So talking about The Mystery Shack, yep, Mom decided that it would be a good idea to work alongside our Great Uncle and in the process get some pocket money, meanwhile Mom keeps avoiding the question of why we moved here but keeps dancing around it, maybe one day she will answer… and it all started with Mabel starting her whole Crazy About Boys shenanigans, make emphasis on Crazy.

-----

“Are the runts okay here?”

“Don’t worry Stan, the kids are resilient”

“Yeah, they take after their Mom” the older guy said smiling at the woman at his side, he could be a conman, a liar, a thief and many other things but if there was one person who could drag out the best parts of him it would be Sunset, she had always had that ability since he found her when she was just a kid, it seemed like a lifetime ago, now she was back on Gravity Falls alongside her kids “never really told them about why you came back?”

“I don’t think is time, but Dipper is noticing something” Sunset told her almost father, she was now wearing faded jeans and a long blue t-shirt saying Mystery Shack on it, long gone were the days of the leather jacket, she had said she felt weird using it being a mom.

“What is that?”

“He feels someone is watching him” She was worried about that, it had happened a lot when she was a kid, of course, back then she was a moody and enraged teenager, only after letting it all that rage out in the middle of the forest was she capable of having a normal life, but the feeling of being observed never left her “do you think is the Society?”

“Nah, they know better than to make you mad, they cannot wipe your memory so it probably won’t affect Dipper and Mabel”

“Still, I am more than a little worried, if Twilight is right then something wrong will happen here”

“Which Twilight?”

“The magical one”

“Ahhh” it felt weird for Sunset to be talking about her old friends, each of them going their own ways after the dilemmas of High School “anyway, enough of worried, what do you plan to do Stan?”

“I just want to put more signs, nothing dangerous”

-----

‘Nothing dangerous he says, like sending one of my kids alone into the forest is not dangerous, if I didn’t love that old fool I would hit him with my old golf club’ Sunset thought while helping her little boy put up the signs to the shack.

She was always surprised by how much like herself Dipper was, the same kind of attitude and intelligence all surrounded by a maturity that made him act older than he was, thankfully he also had his childish tics.

Sunset was proud of how well Dipper took their moving to Gravity Falls, she knew it had come out of nowhere but neither kid had complained or seemed to have problems, maybe because both kids didn’t leave many things behind, they had the same problems she had herself at their age when it came to making friends but hopefully things would change in here.

“Nobody believes anything I say”

“It all depends in the way you say it, that’s why your Grunkle is so good at what he does”

“Con people out of their money?”

“Exactly” Sunset said with a big grin making Dipper roll his eyes, sometimes his Mom was like any other mother, the ones he saw in TV and his old now ex-classmates, but sometimes she was just so… weird, like his sister or himself, there was no denying the mental AND physical similarities between mother and children, his own copper hair was a deeper color than his Mom’s bright red and yellow “Dip, you probably think that it is lame to have a tourist trap store but believe me when I tell you that it does pay the bills, heck, he had enough money to send me to study into another city, University included”

“Wow, and he just did that? No tricks?”

“He loves money, but I think you will find out that sometimes for Stan, there are more precious things than money”

“If you say so Mom” Dipper could only say obviously not quite believing that, he quickly took another nail and tried to pin it to the tree but instead of going in only a metallic clank was heard.

“Wait… did that came from the tree?” Sunset’s voice was showing how confused she was right now.

“It… seems so?” Dipper was also confused and after checking the bark he found out a secret compartment inside the false tree “what is this?”

“It looks like some kind of remote control and very old by the way, whoever made this didn’t come back in a long time”

“Do you think it still works?”

“It looks like short range, so anything it is supposed to work with must be close” Sunset said before Dipper started to move the different small levers until a door on the ground opened up scaring the goat “Sorry RUBY!” Sunset said to the goat, it was the descendant of another goat that had lived in the shack; it was kind of like the mascot.

“What the… a book?”

“Dip, don’t touch it” Dipper turned around to look at his Mom, that tone usually corresponded to times when he and Mabel were in danger, taking a stride she picked up the book from the compartment and after blowing on the cover they saw the number 3 written on it.

“Is it dangerous?”

“I’m not sure, but I guess you can look with me… so far everything in here is a mixture of conspiracy theories and supernatural stuff, it even has diagrams” Sunset was impressed, whoever have done this must have took extreme care in compiling all the information.

“Hey Mom, hey Dipping sauce! What are you doing? Is that a book?”

“Mabel, is good that you are here”

“It is?” Although not the most inquisitive of the twins, Mabel had a great quality, she was the most positive kind she had ever known, and Sunset was friend with Pinkie, she also seemed to take more on her auntie Pinkie than herself considering her permanent grin and beyond logical antics.

“Yes… kids, do you remember your auntie Twilight?”

“Which one?” both twins said making Sunset sigh at what was by now a family gag.

“The non-scientist”

“Ahhh, the one that acts like auntie Pinkie whenever we give her books on Christmas?”

“Yes, that one Mabel”

“Does this have anything to do with why we moved here?”

“Sometimes you are too smart for your own good Dip, but yes… you see, there have been problems where your auntie lives. There is a… man called Discord, he thinks that whatever is happening there has to do with something here”

“So you think that the book is the key to find out what is going on”

“I don’t know Dip, but I know something big will happen here and this book will keep us prepared”

PreviousChapters Next