• Published 17th Apr 2016
  • 7,535 Views, 1,352 Comments

The Many Destinies of Sunset Shimmer - ratedoni



The rules of the game have changed; now, the multiverse has been born, but it is in danger of being extinguished. One spark can create a storm and one Sun is the key to survival.

  • ...
33
 1,352
 7,535

PreviousChapters Next
Equestria Girls und Panzer 02

“Welp, ah guess we blew this whole thing sky high,” for only answer Rainbow’s glare was trying to make a hole right through the blonde girl’s head due to that comment. It was true that the plan didn’t go the way they wanted, but it was a little too much to speak about it in that way. So much for having a sure way plan that could in no way fail; apparently it could if the person you are trying to recruit not only refused the recruitment, but also all but screamed in their faces that the last thing she ever wanted to do was Sensha-so. If Sunset Shimmer -who had been heralded as the future of the sport- wanted nothing to do with tanks, then what possibilities the two teenagers had of reviving the club.

It had seemed so easy when they talked; when they planned it all once they knew who exactly Sunset Shimmer was. Well, that’s how it went with plans; they all looked well in paper until humans were involved in their execution, so in the end everything went up in flames, kind of symbolic considering the flame like hair of the Sensha-so expert that was resolutely against the sport.

“No kidding, I thought she was going to start biting us with how mad she was back there.”

“Nah, she wasn’t mad.”

“Oh, really? All the screaming and walking away must have been my imagination.”

“Sure, she seemed that way, but you heard what she said, that she chose this school because it didn’t have Sensha-do, so that means that she was running away from it.”

“But why? Didn’t your mom say she was like a freaking genius at it or something?”

“Well, yeah, momma has always been interested in tanks; she met dad that way apparently.”

“So… what did she tell you exactly? Because that girl back there didn’t seem very excited about the whole tank sport thingy.”

“She didn’t say much just that she had seen a match last year when she was with her old school. Momma said that Sunset was the greatest general she had seen in a long time.”

“Geez, you would think that with that kind of recommendation things would be a lot easier,” Rainbow was now close to depressed. Without the star of the sport, there was no way they could get enough people to be part of the re-opened Sensha-do club; that is if they were even able to re-open it. She still had her position in the football club, but these last few days had been rather disheartening, first by losing to Cloudsdale Academy 6-5 and then that rather humiliating loss from the football team to Hearth Mountain. To lose against her childhood friend Gilda’s school like that could only be trumped by losing again to crystal prep on the upcoming Friendship Games.

Looking at the big, fluffy clouds high up in the sky, Rainbow couldn’t find the peace such fine weather would usually bring her. She knew that the current situation with Sunset had something to do with it, but in fact it was only a small part of the dissatisfying semester she have had so far. It wasn’t so much the fact that they were losing at everything; Rainbow more or less had gotten used to the fact that Canterlot High didn’t have the recruiting capabilities for the sports team nor the training and installations required to get better at them. She felt unfulfilled more than anything, like when you are full at a restaurant after eating all the bread instead of satisfying your appetite with a good steak. I think it was quite obvious that Rainbow liked to think with her stomach.

As they continued walking through the abandoned hangar and club house, they tried to think of another strategy to get members, not that they could think of something right now, after all, the rejection from Sunset had left them completely lost for the moment. As this happened with the two girls, another set of steps were heard getting closer to them taking them out of their own ruminations.

“My sweet lord, this whole place truly needs a good clean up, just look at all the spider webs; I swear, the school needs to take better care of the place, oh my poor heels, it will take a lot of scrubbing to get all this dust out of them, I knew I should have used my low boots for today,” the highly posh -and also highly whinny at least in the opinion of Rainbow- had a napkin over her nose as if condemning all the dust accumulated through the years with the act.

Both Rainbow Dash and Applejack stood gawking at their classmate and somewhat friend Rarity. To see the prima donna close to the Sensha-do garage was a surprise on itself considering how ladylike she was all the time. Although, now that AJ thought about it, didn’t Sensha-do start in Japan as a ladylike hobby alongside archery and such?

“Wut? Rares, what are ya doin’ here? Ah thought ya had a Tennis Club reunion at this hour.”

“Oh yes indeed, although things went as well as I expected, but enough about me, what are you two doing in this place? Except maybe trying to revive the Sensha-do club?” That smile of the prime and proper girl always spelled disaster to those that didn’t know the mind of the number one information gatherer of the school.

“Ah won’t even ask how ya knew that.”

“Wait, hold on, you two know each other?” Rainbow said as she pointed at the two extremely different girls while these two smiled fondly at each other.

“You betcha all yer Wonderbolts souvenirs we do Rainbow; Rares here has been mah neighbor since Ah was 10.”

“Oh yes indeed, we’ve been having sleepovers at each other’s houses since she moved to Canterlot, oh that was such a lovely time, not that we have been spending too much time these days.” At this, AJ slightly winced at how busy the two had been “now, do not make that face AJ, we’ve both been very busy with our respective hobbies.”

“Still, maybe ah should have tried to get in contact with ya more.”

“Well, that’s in the past; after all, I’ll have a lot more free time since I was thrown out of the Tennis Club.”

“THAT YOU WERE WHAT?! But ya’ve been playin’ since ya were in junior high! What the hell is wrong with that coach?!”

“Pure favoritism if you ask me; apparently the team has been performing so bad that they had to find a scapegoat and it ended up being me. That uncouth plebeian that calls himself coach wanted to give me a warning due to my, and I quote, poor performance against beatable opponents. Pure fallacy since he decided not to let me play against Crystal Heart,” looking at he usually very pale girl grow more and more agitated was something new to the two other girls since they had never seen Rarity lose her composure “so I decided to hand my resignation and went to look for you. Like I said, I know you are trying to get a new team to open the Sensha-do club.”

“Are ya sure about this Rares? This ain’t like tennis so don’t expect much out of it.”

“I’ll be the judge of that, besides, this may let me have my revenge against those pompous girls at Crystal Heart at last, not to mention that I’ll be able to spend some time with my good friend once more, so, what do you say? Am I in the team?”

“Uh… I guess? I mean, we are only three right now, so there’s not much to get excited about, considering that we don’t even have enough for one crew right now.”

“Oh, I wouldn’t be so sure of that Miss Rainbow,” Rarity said recovering her small teasing smile as two figures appeared from around the garage. One was the redheaded girl that had stomped not too long ago, basically being pushed in their direction by one girl they knew well.

“Fluttershy? What are you doing here?” The incredulous look and confusion of Rainbow were ignored.

“Come on Sunset, you know this is the right way.”

“Look, I cannot do this, you know why I gave up Sensha-do and after all that do you still want me to get involved with it?” The face of Sunset was not angry anymore, more like remorseful, as if remembering something bad “fine, be it that way, but if I’m joining, you are joining too.” Even as Fluttershy began to stutter a denial or any other word, she knew that it was not a threat; it was basically an order from the older girl. At that, Rainbow and AJ’s face lighted up with smiles. Sure, it was only 5 people, but it was enough to revive the Sensha-do club once more.

“Oh, look at this, look at that, there is a real tank! Can it go boom and then woosh and then ra-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta? Oh wait that’s a machine gun but the tank has a machine gun well it has the place for one so it is good enough do you think this thing still works or does it need some repair I’m kind of good at those things!” There was only one option for the speed and torrent of words being uttered, there was only one person they knew that could appear out of nowhere like this.

“PINKIE?!” The five teenagers said at the same time as Sunset’s face grew morose once more, comical unshed tears appearing on the corner of her eyes while she looked at the sky, wondering what she had done to deserve this kind of punishment.

Author's Note:

I'm still torn about amking the girls meet the GuP crews later on or if this is a completely different universe and GuP is only an anime to advertise Sensha-do internationally.

PreviousChapters Next