• Published 17th Apr 2016
  • 7,531 Views, 1,352 Comments

The Many Destinies of Sunset Shimmer - ratedoni



The rules of the game have changed; now, the multiverse has been born, but it is in danger of being extinguished. One spark can create a storm and one Sun is the key to survival.

  • ...
33
 1,352
 7,531

PreviousChapters Next
88 Miles per Hour 01

Author's Note:

Another 80s movie for the nostalgia!

The strong riff persisted as Sunset Shimmer quickly and elegantly moved her fingers across the guitar’s neck. The sound seemed almost punkish in the rhythm and intensity which fit perfectly Fluttershy’s song talking about freedom of speech and finally saying what one thought. Although Sunset was sure that Fluttershy wanted the song to be much mellower, Sunset and Pinkie’s performance had turned it into a rendition of Anarchy in the UK for some reason. Alongside them Applejack continued to pluck her bass following their rhythm and was enjoying the song as much as them.

Rainbow also was head banging alongside the song while Rarity and Fluttershy enjoyed the performance in a much sedated way. Twilight Sparkle -who didn’t know exactly how to react to the fast and furious playing- simply watched them play. She had never been much of an audiophile like her brother and his 80s and 90s’ Vinyl collection so she was in quite the cultural shock so to say. What she did know it was that the song and music was fun to hear and in some way revitalizing.

Once the final accord of the song was played, the three musicians finally relaxed and let out a laughter knowing that they did it perfectly. The other four girls clapped in delight at the performance.

“Okay, that was a pretty damn sweet song we did right there” Applejack said readjusting her hat while placing her bass on its case. Meanwhile the other girls gave the performers a water bottle much to their appreciation.

“No question about it. Sorry Fluttershy, I think we just had fun with it”

“Oh, there is no problem Sunset, I quite liked the way you played the song, it sounds so happy!”

“Well, Punk usually sounds like that. Man, talk about having bad luck” Rainbow said looking down at her left hand who had been bandaged tightly.

“Don’t worry Rainbow, we won’t let you down” Sunset said after finishing her own bottle of water.

“Yeah, I know you won’t, I just wish I could play with you girls for the new Battle of the Bands” it was quite surprising for those in the school to know that the school had been thinking about making the plan of the Sirens into an actual school activity. It had taken them by surprise but they were all very happy. Except for Rainbow Dash, who had received a hand injury playing football with other students a couple of days ago. Talk about bad luck.

At the moment the girls were placing the instruments on their place Sunset’s phone began to ring much to their surprise. It was weird for Sunset to receive a call since most of the time if someone wanted her help they came to her personally. Checking the number Sunset arched an eyebrow at the name on it.

“Hey Doc, what is it?”

“Hello Sunset Shimmer, I just wanted to see if you could help me with something, well, more like help me test something I have on the works” the British accented man said through the phone and Sunset rolled her eyes in good nature.

“Sure Doc, just give me the address okay?”

“So who was it?” Pinkie’s usual perkiness returned after placing all the drums… somewhere, Sunset tried not to think how they disappeared and appeared every time.

“That was just Doctor Time Turner asking me if I could help him with something he is doing” the redhead said placing her guitar case on her back while the other girls simply watched her with curiosity.

“Wait, you mean Professor Turner? Sunset dear, don’t tell me you are having an affair with a teacher” the violet haired fashionista said with a voice that was quite ready to go to Drama Queen levels.

“What?! Of course not, what are- oh, you were joking” Sunset said watching the full grin on the girl as the other began to laugh too at her reaction “is nothing bad I swear, and besides, he prefers Doctor since he DID finish his doctorate”

“So what do you do with him?” The only girl that was as much of an egghead –or even more than Sunset- asked her friend.

“Sometimes he works on some physics formulas, new household products, it varies. I swear, the guy works in so many things at the same time that he probably forgets half of those projects” Sunset said before saying goodbye to her friends and going to the parking lot. Placing her bike helmet over her head Sunset turned on her motocross bike –a little gift from the Canterlot High staff for doing so well on the Friendship Games, not to mention saving the whole universe- and took off in the direction the Doc had given her.

After a few minutes she found herself in the parking lot of the newest mall in Canterlot. Canterlot Hills Mall had enough stores to find out everything a person could need and Sunset didn’t know how Ponykind hadn’t been able to recreate them on that side. Maybe next time she visits Princess Twilight she could talk about some human inventions and how to recreate them at the other side of the mirror.

With those thoughts in her mind Sunset quickly parked her bike and saw the van of the doctor alongside some weird machines and among them a large construction under a big cloth hiding what could be and the man in question reading something in a monitor.

“Hey Doc!”

“Sunset, fantastic, I was waiting for you, is so good you came because I will need your help.” The brown haired man said wearing his usual dark blue suit that showed how skinny he was and a pair of red Converse. The teenager never understood the man’s fascination with those things but apparently he had always used the brand, at least according to his daughter Derpy.

“So what is it this time? An equation? A new type of microwave?”

“Oh please don’t remind me, Dinky was still angry with me after we accidentally made her miss her cartoons”

“Yeah, a homemade microwave is not a good idea” Sunset said remembering how they had accidentally made the microwave into an EMP device in an accident.

“No, what I need you here for, is so you could record everything that happens. I swear, I’ve never been able to understand those bloody things you call cell phones” The British man said in his usual scatterbrained way.

“So, what’s the surprise?” Sunset said turning on the camera function knowing that whatever the Doc was doing would be an eye opener.

“Prepare your eyes for this Sunset” he said taking off the grey cloth form the now very distinctive vehicle under it while Sunset stood watching not quite understanding what was going on.

“Doc… is that a DeLorean?”

PreviousChapters Next