• Published 17th Apr 2016
  • 7,532 Views, 1,352 Comments

The Many Destinies of Sunset Shimmer - ratedoni



The rules of the game have changed; now, the multiverse has been born, but it is in danger of being extinguished. One spark can create a storm and one Sun is the key to survival.

  • ...
33
 1,352
 7,532

PreviousChapters Next
Truly Outrageous 03

Truly Outrageous 03

Somewhere, it doesn’t matter in which place, there was a television turned on in which news were being presented by people in suits talking about important stuff and several things that could probably fly over the head of many people. It was at that moment that the news that truly mattered for us readers was about to be presented.

“Thank you Hard Hit for the weather forecast; now, let’s go with Spot Light with some news concerning our own city Canterlot and the future of entertainment” the man with the dark suit said sitting behind the desk while the camera then focused on a beautiful woman in a black dress with a monitor behind her.

“Thank you Flash News; so what’s been happening these last few days? Well, unless you decided to stop login in to any Social Media page or receive any news you probably won’t know about the latest craze on internet.

It all started 2 days ago when a simple MyStable post caused the site to crash due to the traffic it produced, later on it was found that the reason for the crash had been a song uploaded by a Canterlot High student; that same day a follower of the girl put the song on YouTube where in less than 24 hours later reached five million views.

The song, ‘Truly Outrageous’, quickly became the trending topic on Twitter and the singer, Jem, the most searched word on Goggle that same day; so who is this Jem? The answer was that nobody knew and there was no information about her. No label or recording studio raised their hands to say that this new singer worked for them or was working on a project, so who is this Jem and why did she become so popular this quickly?

Both Countess Coloratura and Sapphire Shores were interviewed by E entertainment about Jem and why her song was received so well. Both of them had similar answers which boiled down to sincerity and going back to the basics of music, using a sound that was both familiar and at the same time a fresh breeze in a genre of music that had become stale.

Both singers know all about it since Coloratura’s last album, right after dropping both her manager and the royalty title, reached platinum being a country album while Sapphire Shores is having huge success in her latest tour with R&B songs that takes people back to the 90s.

So what does this mean for the industry in general? Not much beyond having some success as a one-hit wonder, but that all changed three days after the original video was uploaded. This time there was an official Jem channel created on YouTube, followed by a Twitter, Facebook and Instagram account, all of them followed by this video” she said turning around to the screen behind her to watch a video filmed by a mobile phone due to the quality. The one who was holding the phone ended up being a young woman with pink long hair and 80s style pink makeup.

“Hello denizens of the internet, Jem is my name and I want to thank everyone for all your support and nice comments; I’m doing this video because a friend of mine, Rarity Belle, who was also the one who uploaded the song, convinced me to finally make an appearance” she said while walking around what seemed an apartment complex, the camera then moved to show a girl with indigo hair and a white dress busy drawing something on a sketch board, the girl noticed the camera recording and send a half lidded look at Jem.

“Yeah, sorry, she is right now a little busy with a project of hers; anyway, I wanted to do this video to tell you all what’s going on; so, first of all, the original writer of ‘Truly Outrageous’ is working alongside my new manager and friend in more songs” she said refocusing the camera on a pair of girls sitting down on a sofa with several sheets of paper, pencils and color markers, one with pink hair of a less variant than Jem and the other one with deep red and yellow hair wearing a jacket with chevrons at the sides; both girls were busy checking and writing what seemed to be new lyrics.

“Did you told them about the plans for a band?” the red haired girl said still paying attention to the pages in front of her and Jem seemed to be quite surprised about that.

“I was about to Sunset… I have never understood how she could do that” Jem said shrugging her shoulders completely bewildered by Sunset’s antics “so, like my good manager reminded me of is that I am in the middle of creating a band and if any of you are interested of being a part of it you can send your applications to the link at the description of the video, hopefully if everything goes right and Sunset works her magic we will have a chance, so don’t go anywhere because the next few weeks will be truly outrageous! Jem out!”

The screen then changed and Spot Light was the focus for the camera as she turned around to finish her report on what had been happening.
“Well, as you can see the young woman has dropped a bomb on the music industry; if she does indeed creates her band and starts working on material and the chance to get a contract you can bet your money that there will be a huge war among labels to get Jem to sign for them; so far the official webpage for Jem’s band project had received several thousand applications and one has to wonder how many there will be before Jem starts making new songs for all of us. This has been Spot Light, thank you for listening” and like that the television was turned off as six girls that had been watching the news turned to watch each other with huge grins.

“That! Was! Epic!” the party girl among them screamed jumping up and down while the rest of the girls celebrated their success and first appearance of Jem on national television, for some reason the Jem project truly seemed to come to life after the coverage they had received.

“I cannot believe it worked, I mean, this still feels completely surreal” Applejack said aloud still not believing everything that happened the last few days.

“Yeah, that part with you as Jem and a hologram of yourself in the same shot was definitely mind boggling since we know Jem and Sunset are the same person” Rarity said checking her cell phone and the amount of new followers that the Twitter account for Jem seemed to have amassed.

“I know, but by putting both Sunset and Jem at the same time everybody will take us as two separate entities and I can work on all the details of job applications and label contracts that are being sent to us”

“Good luck with that, the applications are still coming, hell, we even got an email from Sapphire Shores asking Jem if she would like to appear as a feature on a future single” Rainbow said with eyes glued to Rarity’s laptop and the mountain of emails that were being filtered thanks to Synergy.

“Well, seems like I have my job cut out for me” Sunset said laughing aloud at the current events “still not wanting to be part of the band Rainbow?”

“Oh hell no, I would love to get some popularity and appear on TV but not with this kind of music, besides I won’t have much time with trials for the Canterlot U soccer team” Rainbow said knowing well that her true passion would always be sports.

“Don’t worry Sunset, I’m sure we will find good band members” Rarity said putting a hand over Sunset’s shoulders, they knew that from now on they would be under the lights of the media and fans and things would get even more hectic.

“So that will be our immediate future then? A road full of glamour and glitter?” Sunset said joking making everyone giggle around the room.

“Don’t forget the passion and fame apparently” Applejack joked back as they all were prepared for the future of Jem and the most ironic name for a band. Seriously, Jem and the Holograms? Sunset didn’t know if the name was weirdly fitting or if it had came out of a cartoon show.

Author's Note:

Well, this was so fun to do and for now the first Jem arc has been completed so stay tuned to another door opening or... you can go and follow the official place for Sunset Shimmer and the Holograms here:

Official Story for Sunset Shimmer and the Holograms

PreviousChapters Next