• Published 17th Apr 2016
  • 7,535 Views, 1,352 Comments

The Many Destinies of Sunset Shimmer - ratedoni



The rules of the game have changed; now, the multiverse has been born, but it is in danger of being extinguished. One spark can create a storm and one Sun is the key to survival.

  • ...
33
 1,352
 7,535

PreviousChapters Next
Adepta Sororitas: Just an Excercise

The sky was as beautiful as it had been when she had lived in the plane of ponies, magic and knowledge ready to be uncovered. It was as beautiful as her memories and dreams brought her every night. Dreams were important; dreams and thinking about home could sometimes help when the only thing that could help you survive one more day was the Bolter or the Melta always on her side and the Eviscerator on her back, but it was the memories which let her become what she was right now.

Sunset simply raised her left hand as she continued to look into the sky and with the twitch of her finger, one member of Sombra’s army lost most of his head in a glorious rain blood, bone and metal, making it impossible for the dark pony behind him to see as the blood blinded the brain washing helmet. Sunset never noticed that before the other soldier could react, from the top of his helmet a knife’s blade appeared as the owner of the powerful hand to hand weapon quickly removed the knife and began to fire to other targets.

The redheaded armored woman still remembered the time when she woke up and found herself in a seemingly normal planet filled with evolved apes, but soon the sense of superiority dissipated from her being once she knew what kind of world she had landed. Sure, the Imperium of Man was the biggest space empire in existence, but that didn’t mean that world as a human was easy. The first few weeks Sunset had spent running and trying to find once again the portal back home, back to Celestia, but no matter how much she could run, there was no way to outrun the Tyranid.

Those nightmarish years only became worst, at least until Sunset herself became the being the rest of the galaxy started to fear; it may not have been pleasant, but it had been needed to destroy the brat that had thrown a tantrum in the face of her world’s god and instead be replaced by the servant of the Emperor.

With a final grin, Sunset took her eyes from the sky and in the battlefield, placing the helmet of the Adeptus Ministorum over her head, hiding her nightmarish glee of battle; she quickly kicked a shadow army pony, enjoying the way in which the neck snapped swiftly and with no second look, she raised her bolter and began to mow down the enemy that were too stupid, or too well conditioned to run at the first sign of danger.

At her side, as she charged into the thick of the enemy, she saw the incongruous pink trench coat wearing Krieg soldier charge alongside her. Rainbow was right to be confused about why Pinkie Pie, a cheery, almost sickly sweet, could be also the first one always to charge with glee, always in search of dying in the name of the Imperium, never truly gaining what her parents and their parents have done; honorable death in the battlefield.

Pinkie, with her eternal gas mask, probably didn’t even flinch as a magic shot grazed her head, but in a second, the foolish soldier that had attacked her ended up being impaled by Pinkie’s bayonet; as she raised the body, Pinkie shot once, blowing the chest of the puppet that had been once a normal pony and quickly stabbed more and more soldiers, as if she had been cursed to be the only Death Korp of Krieg to never die in battle, no matter how suicidal her charge could be.

As the pink suicidal demon continued her attack, Sunset threw to her right her own Bolter; the heavy weapon, such that normal infantry would break both arms just firing once, didn’t fall into the ground, instead it was snatched by her second in command, a woman that she had fought alongside for many years and as such, after surviving nightmarish battlefields and numerous campaigns, they already had a strategy.

Rainbow grabbed the bolter and using her own, began to dual wield the extremely heavy weapon as if they were old revolvers with terrifying precision. Sunset meanwhile, instead of going full melee like the terrifyingly zealot Flutter with her Power Maul took out the elongated and heavy weapon on her hip; thinking about the soft spoken woman, Fluttershy, the usually caring and almost maternal Sister, could turn into a maniac on the field, all due to the Codex and the knowledge that she was doing the work of the Emperor, or her Canoness Sunset.

Sunset activated the heavy weapon and let out the charge of highly concentrated infrared, powerful enough to melt a tank, right into the charging enemy. Sunset was sure that if they had been able to scream, it would have been drowned by the sound of fur, flesh and armor quickly dissolved in a mass of gore, as first two, then five, and then whole groups of enemies began to be mowed like dominoes by her.

Atop his tower, with eyes open in sheer disbelief of the warriors that had appeared and began to destroy his army, began to grit his teeth due to how close he had been to victory over that stupid alicorn.

“Don’t just stay there! Release every single solider! We are not going to be beaten by simple monkeys!” as his order was given, the dozens upon dozens of soldiers under the control of Sombra began to march into the thick of the battle and into their doom.

“Rarity!” Sunset screamed on her communicator inside her helmet, the sound of battle and death permeating the rocky field making it hard for Sunset’s companions to speak clearly; thankfully, the top of the line communication lines that they used could always filter the sound of heretics and xenos dying pretty well.

“Yes Canoness?” The quiet and calm voice of the woman they all left in charge of their heavy machines and transportation replied clearly and confidently as Sunset backslapped a pony foolish enough to get close to her, she then stomped on the head as she quickly went back to her talk with Rarity.

“Do you see that battalion coming closer?”

“Yes Canoness.”

“I don’t want to see them anymore.”

“Yes Canoness,” at that point, Rarity sounded almost gleeful as the heavily modified Rhino tank known as Immolator began to move, quickly sending every single pony in its target as the huge weapons on top of the tank began to fire and strike the enemy, almost as if they had been leaves falling from a tree.

As for the other members of Sunset’s little… Chapter, if it could be called that were busy in their respective fields; with Twilight taking care of anything mechanical or technological in their group as battle had never been her best field. As for Jack, well, open field battle was not the best usage of a Catachan Jungle Fighter. Best usage Sunset had of her right now was to infiltrate and do everything she could to make this day as perfect as it could be, after all, this was not a battle, it wasn’t even a Purge; it was simply a training exercise with live rounds.

Author's Note:

Sunset, Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash are Adepta Sororitas/Adepta Ministorum (depending what edition of 40k you are using) or more coloquially known as Sisters of Battle; strong enough warriors that even Space Marines (yeah, those huge freaking space super soldeirs) don't mess around with, with Sunset being the Canoness or leader of the group.

Pinkie hails from Krieg, a dead world that creates soldiers with a penchant for trenches and suicidal charges.

Rarity was a simple Guard, but thanks to Sunset she was able to become something even better, an artillery expert, but besides that there could be a couple of other abilities to the elegant woman.

Twilight is a techpriest, basically an IT soldier that finds that praying culd be as useful as percussion maintenance.

And finally, Applejack, or simply Jack in this world, comes from Catachan; the whole planet is so freakingly hellish, with the whole thing being a jungle with plants full of poison and toxins and every single animal a carnivore and a an apex predator on its own. Basically, every single soldier is a Rambo and Commando on their prime, that's how freaking badasses they are.

Just as a bonus, you can imagine Sunset kicking xeno ass with this music.

PreviousChapters Next