• Published 17th Apr 2016
  • 7,535 Views, 1,352 Comments

The Many Destinies of Sunset Shimmer - ratedoni



The rules of the game have changed; now, the multiverse has been born, but it is in danger of being extinguished. One spark can create a storm and one Sun is the key to survival.

  • ...
33
 1,352
 7,535

PreviousChapters Next
Dragon Ball Sol: Power of the Golden Warrior

The only thing Sunset could taste was the metallic flavor of her blood mixed with dust. This was definitely a new situation for the young girl. For someone that had been travelling between worlds, strangeness had become a daily occurrence considering her friends and job as the magic gatekeeper back at Canterlot City, but everything that had been happening for the last few days had been beyond comparison the weirdest and most dangerous days she had lived.

First, the dark and heavy news from the message Twilight Sparkle had left for Sunset and the rest of the group. Something had arrived at Equestria, something beyond the stars and it apparently had terrified the princesses something fierce, even more than the escape of Tirek some months before the battle of the bands.

It was destruction on a scale few had seen on Equestria, with monsters powerful enough leveling entire cities in the matter of minutes. First the proud nation of the Minotaurs had been hit and the losses were heavy. For a race that had been proud to be known as the most physically powerful, that was a huge strike, one that Equestria and the rest of the free nations felt too, after all, they knew they were next.

Indeed, the attack started soon, but the creatures from space didn’t arrive just to conquer, no, their plan was something even more dangerous. This was a complete purge, just so that the creature behind the invasion would have revenge. The goat demon known as Grogar had returned from his exile and he had brought friends with him, after all, it was clear now that he was not the only one from his species, nor the most powerful.

Sunset wasn’t sure why she had been summoned back to Equestria, considering how little the rest of Equestria seemed to care that seven human girls had retained their human form after going through the magical portal, or that the prodigal daughter wanted to help defend Equestria. So far she hasn’t even been able to speak a word with neither princess.

Seems that the only thing they were looking for were the other six girls, apparently thinking that with two sets of elements everything would be alright, now those ponies were dead; serves them right since those same ponies were discussing sending more troops as fodder cannon just so they would run away and hide.

Shaking her head, Sunset tried to focus beyond the obnoxious ringing in her ears. Whatever had hit the council chamber had completely decimated the place, leaving only the broken remains of ponies unlucky enough to not be vaporized by the blast. Sunset had been lucky since she wasn’t allowed to get inside since she wasn’t ‘important’ enough, just another former student with no real meaning. The redhead had felt her blood boiling due to rage with how easy they pushed her aside while the rest of her friends were out there trying to, if not defeat, at least contain the destruction.

It had been so humiliating when her friends had summoned their own battle suits, the ones they had used at Camp Everfree while the pony counterparts had used something called Rainbow Power, but it was futile. While Sunset had been unable to summon even a spark of her own power, the rest of her friends were simply swatted aside. Even the mighty power given by the Tree of Harmony has ended up being useless when the monster known as Eizi simply moved too fast for the girls to be able to shoot him with the rainbow.

Everything went even worst when the princesses decided that the only way left to defeat Eizi and the rest of his soldiers would be to do what they did with Tirek; give their power and magic to Twilight. Of course, just trust in Twilight in everything because she was so fucking perfect and great, the only one deserving to be an alicorn or to not have her whole life a fucking lie!

Sunset didn’t know what hurt the most, her body or the way everyone and everypony just looked up at the great Princess Twilight Sparkle, as if she was the only one deserving to save the world. She knew she should be behind petty grievances, but one thing was to think you were over that and another to truly, in your heart of hearts, be as happy as you told others you were.

It hurt… and worse than that, she hated… she didn’t want to admit it, but she was seething with rage. Haven’t she done enough? She saved two universes for fuck’s sake! Did life have a twisted sense of humor in that it always reminded her that she would never be as good as Twilight? She hated that, but most importantly, it made her rage break free from the constraints of the Elements of Harmony.

Unbeknown to her, the ponies still alive and gawking at the fight on the sky could see something even more amazing happening right in front of them. Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy, both girls worried about the state in which their friend was, couldn’t believe the way in which Sunset was starting to shine. It was a golden light that started to pulse as if it were a heartbeat. Meanwhile, Sunset didn’t listen; not the sounds of beams being shot or the screaming of ponies, she only cared about one thing. Her rage.

For the first time since she had been hit by the Elements of Harmony she could feel how the chains that shackled her emotions crumbled. It was liberating to finally let the rage be free, to hate and to desire the power she needed. Her body was changing alongside her feelings, pulsing with energy alien and at the same time inviting. Her beautiful red and yellow hair was waving with a nonexistent wind, changing from the red to full gold. Her eyes were glowing with the power that flowed through her veins and with a mighty scream and the earth shattering underneath her, the fury of the golden warrior was fully released.

The skies changed from dark clouds into a full storm, with lightning that seemed to vibrate with the rage and power of Sunset. Her now golden hair seemed to defy gravity while her piercing blue eyes were focused on Eizi and Twilight who continued their dance to the death. Looking at the friends she had at her side, Sunset finally smiled, but it was only a smirk, one that both girls had seen before in the past.

“Leave this one to me,” she only said before, surrounded by the golden aura, she flew high into the sky, ready to show the world the power that had woken up inside Sunset, the power of the Golden Warrior.

Author's Note:

And yes, there was a reference to DBZ in the villain's name, can you find it?

PreviousChapters Next