• Published 17th Apr 2016
  • 7,535 Views, 1,352 Comments

The Many Destinies of Sunset Shimmer - ratedoni



The rules of the game have changed; now, the multiverse has been born, but it is in danger of being extinguished. One spark can create a storm and one Sun is the key to survival.

  • ...
33
 1,352
 7,535

PreviousChapters Next
Initial S Part 1

Boots walking across the parking lot, the soles crunching the small pebbles that had been left behind by vehicles, wind and erosion of the black ground and that was all the sound that was present at this time on the building, at least outside of it. The place she was in was not exactly one that she would spend the whole day, at least not legally.

The walls of the parking lot and the windows were beret of anything like personality or even vandalism so it made Sunset Shimmer’s fingers twitch. While Flanksy was still very much alive inside of Sunset, the fact that there were several security cameras and that she had none of her tools for street art were the things that deterred her from turning sterile walls into pieces of art.

So what was she doing in a place like this? Well, she was being a good friend to someone that had been at her side for a long time now, in fact, a place like this was the one thing that brought the two even closer. Carrousel Boutique, or at least another branch of it downtown, was the original place where Sunset Shimmer did amazing artwork as a favor for Rarity and in a way is what started everything between. Now, don’t think that way, what I mean is that, the friendship and closeness between them was legendary at this point, after all, the two had become almost inseparable; sure, Sunset still got along with everyone in the group, but Rarity and Sunset just, well, they clicked in a way. Both were really artistic people that knew how to bring their ideas to life and sometimes, when they mixed their ideas and respective strengths together, the sum of its parts was bigger than the parts themselves.

Many people around them always thought there was something going on when they saw them together, after all, when you see two very attractive and successful young women with absolutely no dating rumors or a visible boyfriend or even dating, then rumors start to fly around and people begin to look at things in a different perspective. Now, let me snuff those flames right now because there was absolutely no romance involving Sunset Shimmer and the rising star of fashion Rarity Belle.

Okay, maybe there were occasions when the two mock flirted with each other just so that they kept their wits sharpened and it was kind of a game between them to make the other blush in public. And alright, maybe there was a little bit of sexual tension in their friendship, but it was definitely a strong friendship that had survived everything, even memories being erased, so yes, their friendship was going nowhere at this pace.

So it was with these thoughts that I just shared with everyone at the other side of this screen that Sunset had finished another loop walking around the parking lot, waiting for the girl that she was doing a favor to, which thankfully appeared as the doors of the shop were opened. As she came out, the other employees walked away into their cars and said goodbye to each other.

“Thank you for still waiting for me, I swear that meeting just dragged on; I just love this business, but I wish it would be less economical factors and more high couture, but alas, not everything in life is fabulosity,” the same accent that once was the perfect target for mocking once upon a time, now was another part in the life of Sunset Shimmer, one that not only she had grown used to, but in fact, she liked to hear it. There was just the problem of Rarity sometimes using that voice in conjunction with some of the most devastating whining in the history of mankind that was maddening; outside of that, everything was perfect with that accent.

“Is okay, I know how meeting like that can go on.”

“Oh yes, I suppose being close to the eternal monarch of a kingdom can prepare you for work meetings and politics,” the woman with the beautiful ensemble of white pencil skirt and jacket said before placing her sight upon the vehicle of the day, well, night really “still, I’m sorry that I called you in your free day; you were the only one of us that has a car and even though I could call a cab or even an Uber, I trust you over all that.”

“Especially because you don’t have to pay a cent if I drive you around,” just looking at the way in which Rarity was ready to deny that accusation was good enough for Sunset to start laughing; it was such a sight to see someone as prim and proper as Rarity lose her composure that the redhead just had to do it.

“How dare you insinuate something like that; I may be a lady, but before that I am your friend and there is no way in all heaven and hell that I will make you drive me around without me paying for gas at least.”

“Is okay, I trust you on that, besides, I don’t mind driving you around, gives me an excuse to drive my new car.”

“I see that the car you have right now is a different one from last week; what happened to your car?”

“Meh, issues with the engine and the gearbox finally caught up with the old Sentra, so I got rid of it and got this one,” the yellow car was, at least from outside, a huge step up from the old grey run of the mill economical car that Sunset usually drove around. This one was more streamlined and even though it looked old, or at least older than most sports cars, it still looked amazing “I got this RX-7 for cheap basically, the guy wanted to get rid of it because he got a new racing car, so I got a good deal.”

“Excuse me if I’m not very enthusiastic, but I have no idea what is the difference between cars beyond how they look,” Rarity kept the conversation going as Sunset unlocked the doors; it was true that she wasn’t the expert of everything with a motor like Sunset and Applejack were, but she really like the interior of the car, with nice seats that were soft to the touch and were pleasant to look out.

“Considering the car is twenty years old I don’t think you will know much of it.”

“Wait, this car is two decades old? I mean, I know it looks older than other sports cars, but it looks gorgeous,” once Sunset ignited the car, Rarity was amazed at how the motor did not sound like the cars in Rainbow’s movies, so loud that they won’t be able to talk with each other, instead, the car sound powerful, but not annoyingly so “did you say that this car was cheap?”

“Cheaper than I thought for a car with this performance, but I think the guy wanted to get a much more modern car, I don’t know why since this car is awesome,” Sunset then took the car out of the parking lot and since the streets at this hour were mostly empty, Sunset used the power of the engine and they went off.

For a car that was several decades old, it drove perfectly and that was for someone that was used to Sunset’s driving. Since the time when Sunset had taken her driving license exams, she had become a speed demon; well, technically since she got better and better, especially once she applied her mind to the more technical aspects of driving. Sure, Twilight could understand some of the principles, but place her behind the wheel and she will turn into a living statue due to fear and paranoia of suddenly crashing and turn into a big fireball. If you wanted that middle of point of knowing and doing, there was no one like Sunset for that.

So it was with this mentality, knowledge of the car and knowledge of the road that Sunset and Rarity were about to enter a street race by mistake.

Author's Note:

Yes, I know you are about to make dozens of Drift jokes and what not, go on.

PreviousChapters Next