• Published 17th Apr 2016
  • 7,535 Views, 1,352 Comments

The Many Destinies of Sunset Shimmer - ratedoni



The rules of the game have changed; now, the multiverse has been born, but it is in danger of being extinguished. One spark can create a storm and one Sun is the key to survival.

  • ...
33
 1,352
 7,535

PreviousChapters Next
The One Dragons Fear 02

Her ears were still ringing after the explosion that seemed to destroy the whole world… or at least the place where she was going to be decapitated. One moment she was down with her head on the chopping block, the next something stupidly big appeared and went bonkers with fireballs and who knows what else. Her head felt heavy and her ears continued to buzz dulling everything around her. At least the ground was slightly soft or maybe it was just that her body was hurting more than she thought. Blinking several times she tried to make her sight focus on the colorful blob that was right in front of her.

“…se… unse… SUNSET SHIMMER! Get up right now before we become the menu of the day!” After shaking her head one more time, the redhead was finally capable of focusing her eyes enough to recognize the face of the woman that had spoken to her, the soldier with the multi colored hair. What was her name? It was Rainbow something. It was hard not to remember a woman with such a distinctive look wearing full plate armor and moving that fast on it.

“Excuse me for not reacting that fast when I was about to lose my head… LITERALLY!” Her arms were still tied with a very thick rope preventing from movement while also chaffing her wrists. If she ever found the guy who put the ropes on her arms she was going to kick him in a place where the sun didn’t shine. Although considering what was going on that guy was probably roasted entirely. Anyway, she used her hands to get up as she followed the officer across the chaotic clearing in the town they had stopped for the executions.

Around Sunset, amid the smoke and the ruins of what a few minutes ago had been houses, she could see people running for cover, soldiers bravely fighting against the dragon while trying to guide the civilians to safety, a place that probably didn’t exist at the moment.

Sunset could hear the roaring of the dragon, the fire consuming everything it touched and the barking of orders as she followed the soldier that had not only vouched for her, who tried to save her from the axe of the executioner, but who even now was risking her life to save someone that could be a dangerous criminal. Which in theory, Sunset Shimmer was, just not on that dimension.

Of the people that had been arrested alongside her, she couldn’t see hide or hair, it was as if at the moment of the attack they had used the moment of distraction to escape. It had been a good move; she had to give them that… but all these people being attacked. She could hear among the rubble, screams and fire, the cries of a little child. What was this world? It was what Sunset Shimmer asked herself over and over as she continued running.

A world at war, mythical creatures that attacked everything on its path. If this was the world that Starswirl had seen, no wonder he made it so hard to access through the mirror. Was it fear or caution that made him lock the mirror with a time lock? Was this how Sunset died? Among soldiers fighting for their lives and scared people?

Just as Rainbow and Sunset got inside the keep, a fireball exploded right behind them sending them flying inside. Behind them, the last thing Sunset heard before welcoming the echoing rumble inside the keep, was the whole door being destroyed as the whole entrance of the keep was destroyed trapping both girls inside. Then, as if accepting her fate, Sunset Shimmer laughed hard and long, as if not believing the things that had occurred. Maybe… maybe she could get to live just a little bit more, maybe her destiny was not to die on a chopping block for a crime she never committed. Maybe her destiny was something else she thought as she got up once again, ready to see where this new path that had been open to her will lead her.

PreviousChapters Next