• Published 17th Apr 2016
  • 7,535 Views, 1,352 Comments

The Many Destinies of Sunset Shimmer - ratedoni



The rules of the game have changed; now, the multiverse has been born, but it is in danger of being extinguished. One spark can create a storm and one Sun is the key to survival.

  • ...
33
 1,352
 7,535

PreviousChapters Next
Five Nights at Circus Royale

A part of her mind was gone; something told her that she was in danger so she kept on running, endless halls and endless lights, a forest full of creatures made of darkness. It was dark, she could barely see, but she could hear the breathing, it wasn’t her own.

There, a flash of light among the rain pouring down on her soaked body, her trusty jacket sticking to her shivering and exhausted body. There was light and there was a clearing; it made no sense, she was in a hallway, but now she was in a forest, but the creatures kept on going.

She was able to reach the clearing, finally finding the source of light; she could finally breathe, with no creature following behind, she didn’t want to think where they were now or if they were simply waiting for the perfect moment to pounce on her, she only knew that she could breathe, she could think.

Her legs felt like lead, with exhaustion finally gripping her and with sluggish steps she began to get closer to the object in the ground, something in her mind telling her that it was important, that it could tie all the pieces together of this night.

It was a box; that much she could see from the rain and thunder and darkness. It was a metal box, dark with long copper bars reinforcing it and with two keeping it firmly shut, all of its secrets hidden from the rest of the world, but why was it here? Why was it important?

Sunset reached a hand, but immediately jumped back when the box suddenly moved; it was shacking, as if it was trying to get dislodged from the mud, as if it was trying to free itself, or if what was inside… was trying to free itself.

Then, she heard it, the breathing, the raspy sound of the enormous monster once more, and then, with the thunder in the sky, the monstrous bear jumped onto her, ripping her throat apart and Sunset Shimmer felt upon the floor of her apartment, her light green clock beeping its signal of waking up.

The redheaded girl groaned as her mind and body went back to the real world.

Her eyes were blurry, but she could see her bedside table after several blinks and with a quick slap, the sound of the alarm was quickly shut down giving her peace once more. She immediately crashed down onto the floor once again as she tried to get her heartbeat under control after having such a vivid dream.

It had been such a long time since her mind had created a dream like that, not for a very long time now, not since she was at High School she had dreams, or better said, nightmares like these, back when she was at her lowest point ever in her life emotionally speaking, but those days were long gone, so why was she in this position? She wasn’t sure, but she could blame Rainbow Dash, she could very well be part of the reason considering what she had to do now and what her new job was.

Finally getting up, Sunset started to get ready for what could be a long night at work and looking at her clock she saw she still had enough time to get things in order. It has been a nice nap, without counting the strange dream, but she didn’t feel as tired as before, just a little sleepy, but that could be fixed with a quick shower.

As she felt the water falling into her body, she let herself finally, completely relax; she needed this if she was going to be able to do her job this night. Usually, they had someone specifically hired to handle the graveyard shifts, one that, while not exactly a glamorous job, after all, this was a Pizzeria Sunset was talking about, and it was better paid than the other shifts.

Circus Royale Pizza, a Carrousel of Fun, or at least that’s what the people that hired had said; not exactly a new franchise, but it was apparently starting from the ground up after the last owner of the franchise name closed after just opening one single day.

Twilight and Sunset had spent some time researching about the place, finding a very interesting story about the new pizzeria and the history attached to the name and the original group, but those were simply urban legends according to the internet, still, it would be good to check more deeply now that she was working in there.

It was a nice job, it was even fun considering all the kids going to the place, not to mention that the pizza was pretty good in fact, so with a part time job before college started, Sunset and Rainbow were ready to get a very boring night ahead of them; hopefully Rainbow didn’t forget the coffee this time.

Then, something weird happened; just as she was drying her voluminous hair, her cellphone rang, nothing out of the ordinary, but instead of the usual tone, this was definitely not something she had programmed herself; it sounded like… a music box? Checking her phone, there was no sender, no number, nothing.

“That’s… weird, probably telemarketing, or banks, still… that was a weird ringtone, sounded like classical music, Fluttershy probably knows what’s the song” and as she left the bathroom to get dressed, she didn’t saw it, the light of the bathroom flickering, allowing something to materialize in those brief moments of darkness and light, for just the blink of an eye, in and out of existence.

There, reflected on the bathroom mirror, blurry due to the fog of the hot shower there was a man, someone with dark lines falling from his eyes like the marks of tears, with a long sleeved grey shirt and dark lines, and then… he was gone.

Author's Note:

Night 1

PreviousChapters Next