• Published 17th Apr 2016
  • 7,535 Views, 1,352 Comments

The Many Destinies of Sunset Shimmer - ratedoni



The rules of the game have changed; now, the multiverse has been born, but it is in danger of being extinguished. One spark can create a storm and one Sun is the key to survival.

  • ...
33
 1,352
 7,535

PreviousChapters Next
Let's Go Rider Kick 04

The breeze felt nice. It had been such a long time since Sunset had been able to enjoy a breeze as clean and pure as the one that was found so far from the city. The last time she had been able to enjoy something similar had been so long ago, even before her betrayal of Celestia’s trust and her consequent exile, Sunset didn’t enjoy Canterlot’s air. It was as stuffy and dirty as the unicorns living on that zone. To be sincere, she didn’t miss those ponies, not even one bit.

She didn’t like the air and even with magic filters and other aids, the air still seemed too dirty to her, even at the height at which Canterlot City resided in sine it was created on the side of a mountain. No, the last time she had enjoyed air so clean had been the few times she went out on an expedition, one of those research travels she was so fond of. It was quite revitalizing to go to another place and get her hooves dirty trying to decipher something magical or maybe a ruin of a place not even Celestia remembered.

After all that, here she was, once more on the wilderness, or as close as it could be considering that even though she was on a forest, the whole zone was used for a camp. She had jumped at the opportunity to get out of the city and go back to her roots in a matter of speaking, but it was not the same, after all, no matter what happen, she will never be able to go back to those days.

Droplets of water dripped from her hair as she watched the rest of her friends enjoy the lake and their free time while she thought back on what had happened a couple of days ago. Water and fire mixing and then… just one warrior surviving the fight. Sunset shook her head trying to dispel the image of that monster and what she had turned into.

Sunset turned her sight from her friends to the object currently on her hands. It had changed colors and even the insignia had transformed into a copy of her cutie mark. The object was one that had become almost infamous among her friends considering the usage it had before. From a vacuum of magic to a weird transformation device, it had found its way back to her hands, once more giving her a taste of strange powers. Even inside it had changed, with most of the original wiring and drives being replaced by something else. Both Sunset and Twilight decided to leave it alone considering that it was something neither of them understood and considering what happened with that same artifact back at the Friendship Games, Twilight could understand why Sunset was so adamant on not tampering with it.

But even by just looking at it, neither Sunset nor Twilight how such an object could be changed so much by external forces. In a way it was at the same time alien and strangely familiar to Sunset, who in her life had become used to strange facts and mysteries appearing on her life at every moment, but this was getting ridiculous.

Her thoughts were interrupted when someone else reached her table making Sunset look at the other camper.

“Are you alright?”

“I should be asking you that Twilight, but I was just thinking,” She said as a simple answer, but the bespectacled girl in front of her was as curious as she was and there was no way she could let her get away with an explanation as simple as that. The way she was half glaring at her with those eyes were enough to make Sunset roller her eyes and continue talking “is just that… things are so weird right now. No one on Equestria, at least the ones with more knowledge about the mirror, knows anything about these creatures or the belt, is just annoying.”

“This annoys me too, I’m just so used to experiment and research everything that is interesting and this definitely counts as that. I suppose we can only go with what we already know.”

“There is not much to go by, but apparently those things know more about the belt since they gave me a name… Yujo… they also said that I wasn’t yet ready or something like that… this whole thing is getting way too complicated.”

“I know, for what you and the rest of the girls have told me, usually your enemies are more in the open… like back at the Friendship Games,” hearing the small change in Twilight’s voice Sunset took the hand of the ponytailed girl. She had an idea of what twilight was thinking about.

“Hey, it’s okay, we all forgave you, and you are not Midnight anymore and will never be.”

“I know, I guess what has happened with you has took my mind away from that. I mean, yeah, I turned into a demon like creature, but it happened to you too and now here you are. Not only are you my friend, but you protected me back then, helped and rescued me. And after all that, you have a mysterious belt and monsters roaming the city attacking innocent people, but no matter what, you keep on protecting them. Compared to that, I guess any fear that I might have had for Midnight simply vanished.”

“Are you sure about that Twilight?”

“Yes, because I know now that even if Midnight took control once more, you and the rest of our friends will be there to save me, so don’t worry, Midnight is and will never be a problem for me.” Twilight’s bright smile made Sunset relax and give a silent thank you to the Elements of Harmony for helping her save Twilight back then. Quickly scanning the rest of the camp to see if everyone was okay she found another topic.

“You know, I think Timber likes you,” she said suddenly making Twilight blink several times at the non sequitur.

“Pardon me?”

“Don’t turn around, but the guy has been looking at our table for some time apparently.”

“Are you sure? I mean it could be that he is checking all the campers to see if they are okay.”

“Well, unless he looks like an idiot in love at every single camper, I don’t think that’s the case Miss Sparkle,” looking at the way in which Twilight’s face became a beacon due to how much she was blushing was an incredible sight, so much that it made Sunset grab her stomach due to how much she was laughing. The only thing that Twilight could do was to complain since she couldn’t find it in herself to hit Sunset for what she had said. Then the laughter was gone when Sunset put her hands on her temples.

The pain and pressure were back, the world was starting to spin and she could almost hear voices, images flashing on her sight, almost like messages, of things happening on the past and something about… evolution? Meanwhile, inside the main cabin, Gloriosa wanted to scream due to the pain, but found herself unable to move as the man in front of her simply smiled. He put a hand underneath her shirt and retrieved a pendant consisting of small crystals of different colors.

“You should know that we don’t like thieves. Back then you would have been killed by the sisters, but this is another world, there are new rules. Instead of dying, you will give us your life,” He said and put a hand on Gloriosa’s temple, then a symbol appeared, a sun, gold and white, a mark that had been present for a long time on another world “go and remind Yujo why she will never be an alicorn.” He said while Gloriosa’s eyes turned green for a moment and then a grin was present.

“Yes my lord, that the light of the Mother Empress fall upon our enemies,” any other villain would have used that moment to laugh maniacally, instead, the well-dressed man simply vanished without a trace.

Not too far from the camp, another man felt the call, one that he hadn’t felt for such a long time. One that had turned his life upside down, taken everything for him, but one that he knew would be a part of his life forever. The man turned on his motorcycle and began his travel, knowing that another battle was starting.

Author's Note:

A problem with Gloriosa and a mysterious Rider getting closer. Alongside Sunset, they will clash as the next battle of Kamen Rider Yujo will bring new enemies and new allies to the battlefield.

PreviousChapters Next