• Published 22nd Jan 2015
  • 729 Views, 140 Comments

My Little Witch - PoisonJoker09



As a new pony settles into the life of Ponyville, we have a peek into her strange life and activities, as she observes and causes some of the problems that happen in the area.

  • ...
2
 140
 729

A Day Of Peace 3/3

I was organizing several ingredients within my cellar when more messages came. I held them off however until I finished with the familiar chore that I knew the importance of.

Not only were these regents an important part of my lifestyle, they were also my burden, I carried more ingredients sorely for making potions than I do food, they are also my secret, as many don't have a place in anywhere but a dark cave or dangerous forest. And in many ways, they were my prize as I found each one, some were difficult to procure and so felt all the more rewarding to be in my possession.

I remembered my initial revulsion when it came to parts of living animals that needed to be harvested for some. I held out surprisingly longer than most, but it became obvious that a number of the potions in the grimoire needed some form of animal within it. Sure it was a book made by herbivore ponies, but we knew a lot of horrors of the world, in comparison, ending one life is hardly a bad thing if in exchange for ones survival.

And indeed, the potions I made have helped not only my own, but many other ponies survival.

With that final thought, I finished placing everything in it's correct place and made my way outside the cellar, shutting it firmly. After that I turned my attention to the further messages given.

Well since everyone else seems to be offering their services in one way or another i suppose i shall as well.

It sounds like the lot of you are treated this like a competition.

I am a bit of a collector of knowledge and artifacts and as such should you come across anything of interest i am willing to offer something in return. For example nightmare moons helmet would an interesting object to obtain and I would be more then willing to trade one of my own artifacts for it. An example of what I would trade for it is an amulet that provides increased healing and protection from magic at night (its effectiveness does wax and wane with the phases of the moon though).

Hmm, very well then, on one side I have ingredients, on another artifacts? I am sure to find a number of such things around the ruins, after all if it held the elements, it's likely it holds more items of power. A similar theme should also be present I imagine, since the examples you give her moon related.

If you obtain these items just give me an idea of what you would wish in return and a courier should appear on your doorstep within 48 hours to make the trade assuming the inter-dimensional courier is prompt. Oh and don't worry as couriers will appear as normal denizens of your world to anyone else but the clients.

... I am rather worried that the book describes only that you comment and view the world, yet it's become increasingly obvious you have much influence into it's workings. I suppose if I have no personal use for them, I will be sure to pass them over for something better. Also, you say that these couriers are... different? How would you go about describing how 'different' they are, just to brace myself if what visits my door is certainly one of your own.

With Hope

Professor Killjoy

... Unique name.

P.S. I will say that I do currently have a particular interest in books pertaining to Primals and am willing to part with some very...extensive books on potions and/or magic for them.

Primals? I am unfamiliar with the topic, I would appreciate a description of this thing, group? Creatures? Before I seek out any information about the them. It isn't as easy to get books without them being missed as well, Twilight has a library, but I doubt she wouldn't notice one missing here and them. I am confident she has some form of OCD of a sort, and very detail orientated at the very least.

Either way, I wish for no more suspicion on me, stealing books won't make me any better of a model citizen than I am already.

I am happy that such a number of different roads are opening up, it's a wonder none of this was mentioned when the first brew was made. Certainly I would think so many different possibilities of priceless items to be traded would find it's place in my book.


I settled back in my bed, the only comfortable space to sit at, maybe I should try to find some furniture later in the week, maybe a comfortable chair at the very least. Of course the bed is good enough, but I might consider it.

I was flicking through the pages of the grimoire, and it stopped on a particular page.

The Inverse Curse brew, it was the opposite of the Essence Enhancer Elixir, it takes the greatest quality of whatever it is used on, and reverses it completely. I took a second to remember Pinkie... a quiet Pinkie... a calm Pinkie...

No Scry, bad, don't think like that.

... Okay, it's impossible not to think about.

I was interrupted from my thoughts when another message appeared before me, I turned my attention from my book and read it.

Once again my dear Miss Fortune you have provided the correct answer to my riddle and thus have earned another favor from yours truly.

Good, I actually wish to use one of the favors now, at the moment I need one lead, I expect to go to the ruins in the Everfree forest soon, and so that I am not wandering aimlessly, I wish for help on the matter. If there is any place inside the castle that has artifacts in it, I wish to know where they are inside.

If you cannot tell me all of them, one will suffice.

I unfortunately have no flying familiars at the moment instead I will be sending my familiar called Smokey, he is a chameleon who can travel through shadows, so as long as there is a shadow, he will be able to find you.

Hmm... very well then, if that is what you can spare then I will accept it.

Also he is excellent at hiding, so when you want him near but not seen just tell him to hide and he will do so. He needs about 1 kilogram of food mostly insects or small animals. He also needs about 2 litres of water for both drinking and bathing. When you want to send some of the ingredients from the list to me, just ask him to take the packages and he will deliver them to me. Please attach a letter with the name of the one item that you require as payment from the same tier as the item sent. It will take him about one day for him to complete the delivery.

I will assume that the lizard will come with said scroll then, I will look forward to it.

While you wait for him here is another riddle.

Very well.

A pony walks into a party and pours some punch and ice into a cup. He was really thirsty and drank it really fast. Then he left the party. Later he hears that everyone at the party died. There was poison in the punch. How did the pony not die if he drank the same punch?

Your Sincerely Prophet
P.S I have added a fourth tier to the list

Hmm, a fourth tire? I will worry about it when your familiar gets here.

Now... the riddle, I took out a piece of paper and thought on it for a second.

I decided to answer it like I did the first riddle, thinking with a different mindset.

Now, examining the words closely... perhaps the ice cube is a anti-poison, and thus countered the spiked punch, or maybe it watered it down enough to make it less lethal.

So that made #1: The ice cubes counteracted it

Another possibility... maybe a humorous approach, maybe because he drank it fast it didn't work, because it was a 'Slow acting poison', maybe, it's worth it as a guess I suppose. #2: It was a slow-acting poison, he drank it too quickly.

And the third... I looked over the text a few more times, and noted the use of 'pony' as the central figure, and 'everyone' yo imply the other party goers. Maybe, the poison was only lethal to the 'ones' at the part, but not to ponies themselves, the party could have been filled with griffins or other species who were affected by it. #3: Ponies are not affected by particular type of poison.

I walked back and forth from the fireplace, after saying my answers and burning the note, I found myself back at my bed, patiently awaiting further messages as I read from my book.


Well looks like you have things in hand so I will not speak up as much as I have unless I see something the others missed. Before I leave, 3 gifts to I give my mouse, the first can be found where you fix meals, seek out the drawer that has been marked. Second, I made a modification to your travel bags so they well hold a bit more then they normally could. Third, if you ever find yourself lost or unsure of the path to take, stop, sit and look around for a feline, he or she will lead you to the right path. Oh and I wrote down the limits for the first gift on the note that is under it.
The Cheshire Cat.

... I took a second to read the message again, and looked inside the kitchen.

Nothing looked different what-so-ever, from the naked eye it wasn't clear if any of the drawers here were marked, however...

I shifted my sight higher up the spectral plane, and one of the kitchen drawers immediately lot up colorfully, now sporting a number of cold colored stripes, purple, blue and green in succession.

I opened it immediately, inside was the bag transcribed, it was smaller than I expected, a darker brown and a buckle which kept the lid of it closed, I took out the note from under it and read the following message.

Dear Mouse
To use the pouch all you needed to do is picture the item you want then pull it out.
The limits are as follows.
1. You must know the name and seen the item in person. (sorry drawings and pictures don't count)
2. Nothing Living (plants and such)
3. The item can only be as wide as your hoof.
4. Only Tools (flint and steel, scrolls,ink, est.)
5 Nothing more magically powerful then a light emitting gem.
6. Nothing can be put into the pouch, if you do put anything inside it, it will vanish forever.
7. You and only you can pull items from the pouch.

Hmm... fair enough, it would be too much of a gift if it were not so heavily restricted.

If the pouch is ever lost, stolen, given away you can find it again in the marked drawer. Oh and no you can pull any Bits out of it silly Mouse can't have you running around with unlimited Bits.

Fair enough, I would have exploited that feature if it were possible.

I took out the small bag and tested to test it, my hoof dug deep into the inside of it, and I pictured something I remembered... and pulled out.

It was a ladle... a very old one, chipped and old.

I smiled slightly, placing it next to the sink, I put the bag's strap around my neck, leaving it hang in front of my barrel.

Thank you Cheshire, this is a valuable gift.


I paused, and look towards the corner of my room, something that looks like a dark stain pulses on the wall, slowly a shape emerges and lands on the ground. I looked up with it's small beady eyes, a shine of intellect was clear in it's eyes. It's body was slightly smoking, likely where it got it's name, it's body was actually hard to make out, the scales of it was blending into the background easily.

I could make out three horns perched upon it's head, it was surprisingly long from head to tail, as well as a decent height from the ground, it moved forward and scampered up the bed to sit across from me. On it's back was an old scroll with a red wax stamp sealing it shut. On the wax was an insignia, a star of some sort.

"Well... looks like we will be associates for a while, keep in mind, any unnecessary trouble won't be tolerated her." It tasted the air with it's forked tongue, regarding me silently.

I reached forward and took the scroll from it's back, it didn't so much as flinch as I pulled it away and unrolled the old and tattered parchment
Requested Items Items for Trade


Tier 1 Tier 1
The seeds from 12 Poison Jokes 1 vial of Trolls blood
1 barrel of Sweet Apple Acres cider 1 bottle of spirit wine
1 jar of liquid rainbow 10 Magic Mushrooms

1 bottle of ghost saliva

1 sun stone


Tier 2 Tier 2
I bottle of Timbre Wolf blood/sap 1 vial of Frost Giant blood
A lock of Pinkie Pie’s hair when naturally straight 1 bottled Banshee scream
The eyes of a Cockatrice 1 bottled Sirens song

1 Basilisk tooth

1 vial of Murloc sperm


Tier 3 Tier 3
1 vial Manticore venom 1 vial of elder fire drake’s blood
4 primary teeth of a Cragadile 1 bottled nightmare
1 bottle of water from the Mirror Pool 1 dried lust demon phallus

1 Beholder's central eye

1 celestial feather


Tier 4 Tier 4
The Alicorn Amulet The Corner Stone of Reality

I few were familiar from my end, I would be able to gather them with a little effort, but some I never heard of before. Mirror Pool? Poison Joke?

And some were rather... confusing, and strange, such as Pinkie's hair when naturally straight? Sweet Apple Cider?

What was given in exchange was a number of ingredients I had not had the pleasure in knowing, I knew of the basilisk and drakes, but other than that there were new and wondrous ingredients ready to try and use. I smiled lightly, my mind already set in retrieving the exchanges for them.

It was a peaceful day to be sure... but it was certainly exciting, full with new potential for the future. I look forward to the next week coming.

Author's Note:

Okay, it should be noted here that sometimes, there is going to be problems putting every comment into the story. I edit spelling and grammar here to help the ones I put up make sense to others, however, sometimes the grammar can be very troubling for me to work out myself. So can I ask that you check your comments before posting.

Now, the note that you can't find in the comments for Cheshire Cat was send to me through PM, if you want something put into the story and want to conceal the surprise, then just PM me about any details.